Hello everyone! (Please read)

Options
2»

Replies

• Womberbat
    Options
    If you haven't already read one of my previous posts, here's the plan as of now. I hope to have up and running, a Goog Excel Doc, that will keep track and tabulate everyone's weight loss journey from week to week, right up until the new year. That's 15 weeks of tracking. I've had a few people suggest that we also keep track of body fat %. This will require a bit more set up, but I don't think it should be a problem.

Please post any questions or suggestions you may have. I can't promise that everything suggested will be acted upon, but if enough people ask for something I'll do what I can to make it happen.

Also, if anyone is interested in being a moderator, please apply. I'm going to try and do this myself, but if it gets to be too time consuming I may call on you in the near future.

Lastly, anyone who considers themselves a Goog/Excel aficionado and wouldn't mind helping me with the excel sheet if need be, please message me. I should be OK, but because I want to get this thing done by Monday, it would be nice to have a ringer just in case.

Thanks! :happy:

I have some excel know how... glad to help if you need it :happy:
  • la_nanita
    la_nanita Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am just getting into fasting and will give this group a shot. What I am planning on doing is juice fasting on the weekends and sensible eating during the week. We will see how it goes.

Good luck everyone.
  • annemarie198031
    Options
    This is great hoping it will be yet another thing to keep me on track, I'm doing 16:8 at the moment and am really happy with it so far, thanks slick for setting this up x
  • ChasingStarlight
    ChasingStarlight Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

Interested in everyone's fasting protocol.

I am doing a kind of leangains approach, without the heavy lifting. So I do 16:8, trying to keep protein higher (i am vegetarian so always a challenge) and carbs low 4 days a week. Eating very clean. Calories are tdee minus 20%. I am trying to eat over a little on the heaviest 2 training days and slightly under a couple of days.

Exercise is taekwondo 3x per week (involves kicking, punching, squats, pushups), bootcamp 1x per week (is usually weights based), running around 40km a week, doing abs 300 workout 5x per week. Handweights at home for arms and chest 2x per week.

Aim is to lose last few pounds (got maybe 4 to go, in metric less than 2kg) and reduce BF which is currently 21.15% using US military calculator. I want to see my abs!
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who already made an excel sheet for IF. I could ask him for it and give you the link if you'd like a starting point?
  • DaNae9402
    DaNae9402 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I've been doing IF about 2 weeks now. 17 hour fasting - 7 hour eating window. I've lost 10 pounds so far and feel great! I probably have a lot more weight to lose that the other members, but I'm ready! Thanks for creating this smaller group for us to stay motivated and prove it works. I need like minded people that understand this eating plan.
  • SlickDaddyCool
    SlickDaddyCool Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I've been doing IF about 2 weeks now. 17 hour fasting - 7 hour eating window. I've lost 10 pounds so far and feel great! I probably have a lot more weight to lose that the other members, but I'm ready! Thanks for creating this smaller group for us to stay motivated and prove it works. I need like minded people that understand this eating plan.

I couldn't have stated it better myself.

Thanks for joining up!

p.s. Congrats on your progress thus far.
  • twinkletoes66
    twinkletoes66 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hi guys , I'm in! Iv just started LG 16/8 feeling really good on it too ! My weight has stuck for a while now . Im also on week 3 of NROLFW & I'm loving it ! Hope this will kick start my weightloss again !
    Thanks Slick for setting this group up x
  • SlickDaddyCool
    SlickDaddyCool Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hi guys , I'm in! Iv just started LG 16/8 feeling really good on it too ! My weight has stuck for a while now . Im also on week 3 of NROLFW & I'm loving it ! Hope this will kick start my weightloss again !
    Thanks Slick for setting this group up x

You're very welcome. :smile:
  • Kikilicious84
    Options
    I'm in! I just did my first "eat stop eat" 24hr fast today.

It was tough but not as hard as I thought it would be. I'm excited!

I'm also a vegetarian transitioning to vegan and I do CrossFit twice a week.
  • MissPeppers
    MissPeppers Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 19-20 hour fast with a 4-5 hour eating window, low-carb calorie restricted approach. (I don't work out much yet..) And I don't have any problem getting through the day without having anything else than tea, water and coffee. Weekends I do more 18-6, a bit higher on the kcals so I have found that I have a weekly calorie deficit of around 2000-2500. Which is not as much as I'd like for it to be, I hope that joining this group will encourage me to stick with it :flowerforyou:
  • Rebeccawks
    Rebeccawks Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hey!

I am definitely willing to help be a moderator if you need it. I love being active in groups and it definitely helps keep me accountable. I also use excel for a living, so if you need any help just send me a PM. If I don't know how to do it, I can find someone who does ;-)
  • thaphatdiva
    thaphatdiva Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I want to join. I'm new to IF and am currently doing a 9-hour eating windows.
  • shinjite
    Options
    I am willing to be a moderator if you need me.
    I started on Monday on a 19-20/5-4 5 days. I try to do at least 1200 cals per day as my problem is undereating. I plan to follow this for 2-4 weeks and then switch to a split eat-stop-eat approach. I have a tendency to fast so for me IF is a way to make sure I do eat.
  • pinkita
    pinkita Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Wow, I just completed my second day of IF'ing and I'm glad I found this group! I've started with just a basic 16/8 but haven't gotten into the carb cycling. Not sure if I'll stick with the Leangains way, I'll be looking at other IF styles too, but I'm looking forward to sharing this experience with like-minded people. I have a LOT of weight to lose and I'm afraid of what I'll see on the scale tomorrow morning but we all need a starting point!

Thanks for creating the group!