endurance drills

Options
Im trying to work on my endurance and on my speed. What are some good exercises on and off skates for endurance training? Anyone have any suggestions?

Replies

• merd0210
    merd0210 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    C25K helped me build up my endurance and I have just excepted the fact that I will never be super fast (though when Im jamming the endurance helps a lot more than the speed I believe). On skates I would see if you could get your team to possibly do lap leads for warm ups, builds up on skates endurance.
  • 76blaze
    Options
    C25K is a great idea. I did it back in the spring because I did a Warrior Dash in June. I have to admit, I only did it enough to get through the warrior dash (which just about killed me!), and have been thinking about taking up running again.

Our team does a group drill where we try to do 40 laps in ten minutes as a group; I'm not very good at it, but it does help with endurance. I think another good drill we do is "build a *****". Maybe everyone does this maybe not, but for those of you who don't know what it is, you partner off and you skate a lap while your partner does situps or pushups, then you switch, building up to 5 laps and then work your way back down to one. Its tough but it helps with endurance.

I've thought about running stairs too, at the local football field, or somewhere. I think this would be a good endurance exercise.

Anyone else have any good ideas?
  • CChandler81
    CChandler81 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Off skates wise, biking or swimming is great if running bothers your knees (it does mine but I'm slowly trying).

For drills at practice, this blog is a great resource! http://www.allderbydrills.com/?m=1