Introductions

Options

Replies

• browneyecar
    browneyecar Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! Last year I lost 40+ pounds and ended up regaining it all towards the end of last year and the beginning of this one. During this challenge I'd like to lose 20-30 pounds! And actually keep it off this time!
  • sandygaylegunn
    sandygaylegunn Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hola! I am Sandy. I am 64. I have COPD/emphysema. I got a power chair/wheel chair and that catapulted me into a new dimension of thinking. I got busy at the gym. Found I could do 30 minutes on the recumbent bike. I added 5 minutes every week and have been doing an hour daily for about a month. I added strength training 2-3 times a week. I have changed my diet dramatically. I have never used that power chair!! I have only lost 8 pounds so far, but have added great muscle. I have about 50 more pounds to lose. I found this site to be so motivating. I am grateful. I am on a new path. I love being part of this challenge!

My goals are to lose 15+ pounds by Christmas, and keep on with the nutrition and exercise programs I have set for myself.
  • VickiG36
    VickiG36 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Vicki. I'd like to be 125ish by Christmas time. I love the way you set up this group. I tend to have bad group juju..so let's hope this one stays active so I can say bye bye to some extra fat.
  • thergj
    thergj Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I'm not that new to MFP but I wondered away for a while and now I'm back.

I'm 46 years old, married, father of 3. My story is not all that special - I was in great shape as a young adult. The stress of working my way through college, grad school and raising a family have all contributed to the slow decline of my physique and health. The wake up call came when I had a physical for a job last year and they told me I have high blood pressure, borderline diabetes and high choesterol, a formula for arterial disease. I thought 'hmmm... that might explain the headaches I've been having for the last 2 years'. I was kinda depressed about being on medication but it made me face up to the fact that I needed to get serious about my health. I bought equipment, read books and articles and started taking charge of the situation. I was making some progress but it was slow. Then I found MFP and REALLY got a handle on things. I'm still on medications but I'm feeling so much better and stronger than I did one year ago and heck even 6 months ago!.

I'm kinda amped about this challenge. A big thank you goes out to SPICEANNE for making the group and the spreadsheet. My goal is to be down 20lbs by Christmas. I'm open to friends, supporters and well wishers so feel free to send requests. Good luck to you all!
  • anna0478
    anna0478 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Anna. I've been using MFP since May and have had amazing results to far. I'm down 20 pounds and 4 pants sizes. The commeraderie on this site has been the key to my success. Not only have I made drastic changes in my food choices, but I have made a concerted effort to get out more and MOVE. (Picked up a FitBit in June and don't know what I'd do without it!). My goal during this challenge is to lose another 15 and get nearer to my goal weight of 150-ish.
    Can't wait to see what the next 15 weeks has in store for us all!

Good luck!
  • jilleebean777
    jilleebean777 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is Jill. I am 29, a mother of a soon to be 6yr old girl, next May i will be married for 3 years and 10 years together with my hubby. I have been 20 lbs away from my goal weight, and for some odd reason I let it all go. I gained back all my weight (77lbs) and am starting back at square one AGAIN!

I am getting in the couch 2 5K program, completed my first workout today, and am going to be supplementing in Insanity workouts 2 days a week to get in toning and strength training.

I am an emotional eater as well, so I have my work cut out for me with eating right. I want the new year to be a great one, and this challenge I am hoping will help me get to the place. I want to lose 15lbs at the least during this challenge, the more the merrier! But 15 is my lowest number. Can't wait to get started!
  • thisisaimee91
    Options
    Hi, I'm Aimee. I'm 21 from Leicester in England. This is my 3rd MFP account but I'm sick to death of yoyoing now. MFP is great but I always end up falling off track. That's why I've decided to join a group like this, for a bit more motivation and support. If anyone wants to add me asa friend on here, then that would be great.

My target for this challenge is to lose 20lb.

Good luck guys. Let's do this!
  • MsNancyInRed
    Options
    Hi everyone my name is Nancy, ive been on MFP for a little bit and already lost 14 lbs. Holidays are the most hardest. Im ready for this challenge. =)
  • LovelySammi
    LovelySammi Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi Jenna! I am too looking to start the 30 day shred tomorrow and joining my local gym soon. I will add you and looking forward to seeing each others progress!

Hey, I noticed your post.. I am in a group for the
    JM30DS workout & it really helped me stay on track. Today I did day 10& completed level 1. Stick with it. Believe it or not, I'm already seeing results!good luck :) !!!!
  • LovelySammi
    LovelySammi Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    this is such a great idea I always splurge over the holidays so being a member of this group will help me to keep focusing and reaching for my goals!!! I hope to lose 20 pounds at least by the time this challenge is over !!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,421 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Well..I don't have alot to lose but I've lost my motivation and having troubles. I need a group like this to help me get through the dark days of fall :) I'd like to lose 5 - 10 lbs before 12/23 and I'll be at goal! I am looking forward to getting to know all of you over the next few months!!!!
  • suzyr1121
    Options
    My name is Suzy :) I'm on mfp because I need help staying motivating myself! Ive lost almost 20 lbs since starting mfp a few months ago. I love it. I have four kids and need to be able to keep up with all the lil rugrats. Cant wait to help be supportive for everyone else too!
  • KodAkuraMacKyen
    KodAkuraMacKyen Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm Heather. I've been on MFP for a liittle over 3 months and have been working my butt off with pretty great success. Challenges like this keep me accountable to more than just myself so I love them. I'll be looking to lose 25 lbs before Christmas. Good luck everyone!
  • GeneMT
    Options
    Hello. My name is Gene and I have been on MFP for a while. I am a diabetic trying to stay in control of my blood sugar levels and know that eating properly and exercising are the way to go... it currently seems to be all consuming and I want to make it second nature so it isn't such a constant challenge. I plan to make healthier food choices and to get more daily exercise during this challenge. I also would be happy with a 15 - 20 lb loss.
  • bebita5
    bebita5 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi myname is Brenda, and this is my 2nd day of MFP, I like to loose 30lbs by 12/23.
  • ofelia81
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Ofelia. I want to lose 20 lbs on this challenge. I'm really excited and looking forward to losing weight, gaining muscle and confidence. Good luck to everyone! Feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • Balance79
    Balance79 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi there! My name is Laurie. My goal for these next 15 weeks is to lose 12 pounds to reach 115. I joined MFP in late February and have lost 18 pounds to reach my pre-prego weight! Which I'm completely excited about! However, now I would like to reach my wedding day weight - which is 117...but, 115 would be ideal for my constant fluctuation. Looking forward to keeping track with all of you!!!
  • afflictedmuse
    Options
    Late to the introduction party (I have issues with time management, I never manage to have enough) but here goes.

My name is Ashley, I am a nurse (the desk kind) and I live in Scottsdale, AZ.

I set my goal for 30lbs which is pretty aggressive, but I enjoy a challenge and any weight lost is a success.

I have a really odd sense of humor but I do give amazing pep talks. Feel free to add me as a friend if you want.
  • clare_marie
    clare_marie Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I've only just restarted mfp this morning but this is exactly the challenge I need I'm looking forward to it, so let me introduce myself. I'm Clare - I used mfp earlier this year in the run up to my wedding this summer - but with wedding, honeymoon, my birthday all crammed in, I've put the weight back on. So I'm now ready to get back to a happier weight. My goal for this challenge is lose 10lb to be back down to 13 stone, but I have an ultimate goal that I'd love to be in the 10 stones...

Looking forward to losing weight with you all. Oh, and do add me as a friend if you want. :-)
  • larncy
    larncy Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose about 20 lbs and just feel good about myself during the holidays. I have a wedding in March (mine) :)) so I would like to be the kickstart to my self confidence!!