Show me your ink!

Options

Replies

• fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    chest is done dont mind the swollen worm like stretch mark it will simmer down in a day or two
    20120821_192250-1.jpg

Your tattoos are phenomenal

thx they're growing on me too :)
  • blossomboom_
    Options
    lipstattoo.jpg

omfoot.jpg

back.jpg

scareall.jpg

lotusfoot.jpg

cattattoo.jpg

bonejanglesarm.jpg

wristtattoo.jpg

backneck.jpg

Love the Type O tattoo. :)
  • Apocalypse_Meow
    Apocalypse_Meow Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Love the Type O tattoo. :)
    [/quote]

• grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    <<< Most recent sitting on my chest piece. :)
  • km33443
    km33443 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This is my portrait tattoo of my dad. He passed away almost 11 years ago. But this isn't a sad tattoo...I love it so much! It looks just like him! I love being able to look down and see his face whenever I want to. I also enjoy all the comments I get about it. Apparently when people glance at it without really looking they think it looks like "Freddy Kruger" or "a wizard" or "a character from Hee-Haw". LOL. My dad would've appreciated that as he had a pretty offbeat sense of humor (like me).

First session took about four hours. Touch up and darkening took close to two more. No crying or puking...Well, maybe a little crying when it was done because it's so beautiful. <3

8625fff8.jpg
  • nadsazombie
    Options
    Wow, you guys have some amazing ink! Looking at this thread made me want to go and get tattooed, NOW! :)

I got my first tattoo in 2003, just the name of my favorite band on my wrist. Even though it's small and not impressive, it's still my favorite piece today. I was SO afraid of the pain and was sure that I'd cry. Maybe it was the fear that made me feel almost no pain at all. I was probably expecting it to be so bad that the actual pain wasn't bad at all. I got a lot more after that (eight in total as of right now) and of course, some of them hurt, but I can't seem to stop now.

I'll try to post pictures but bear with me, I don't think I've ever done it here. Sadly, I don't really have any good pictures of most of them.

tat001.jpg

tat002.jpg

rose.jpg

Nice AFI tatty!
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Nice AFI tatty!

Thank you! :)
  • AlexandraLynch
    Options
    I have a half-finished Green Man on my back. There's a teaser of him below, and if you look at my profile pics you can see the whole thing.

It wasn't actually that bad of a pain....I listened to drum music and totally zoned out for most of it. It HURTLIKEOMGSWEATING right where my shoulder blades wing up under the skin and across my kidneys. Across my spine it just added in the nerve related "weird pain" that you get when you bash your funnybone, but it didn't hurt any worse. For me, though, the pain was an offering to the gods, and I love my back, every time I see it. I can't afford to get any more done right now.
  • RotterdamNL
    RotterdamNL Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I got 2 sleeves, tattoos in my neck, on my hands and fingers, i also have a labret, nose ring, helix and 2x 20mm flesh tunnels :) \m/
  • totallydevious
    totallydevious Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I've got 24 tattoos, I'll only show my most recent one though because I still have to take decent pictures for the others. :flowerforyou:
    http://i48.tinypic.com/hticlj.jpg
    Just copy the link because it cuts the picture off cause it is so big.
    It means, Remember To Live :heart:
  • shortybb26
    shortybb26 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Maybe pics later but I have 2 at the moment.

1. on my right hip of 2 stars with a scull in the middle. (my husband created)
    2. I have a spider black spider on a red web on my foot.

I am planning a back/shoulder piece. Would like less canvas to cover before I start these. Hence one reason I am here.

Actually had no pain. Well not what I consider pain I guess. I got my first one with my mother (she got a huge Journey tattoo on her back) When she was getting hers she said it was worse pain that having me. lol.. Everyone is different..
    I also have my lip pierced.
  • nadsazombie
    Options
    maybe i too will do pics later.
    ive got only a few.
    and when i mean a few i mean
    right arm-bicep has 2 sugar skulls and flowers
    left arm my half sleeve is almost done. One piece has a anchor, roses, bubbles, and a banners with my parents names. On the inside I have the same lion my dad did and banners going around it that says “I love you and im not lion” in tribute for him. Rip. Just need a piece for the back of my arm and then some filler =) (you can kinda see some of it from my profile pic)
    Tramp stamp….well giant tramp stamp with yellow rose and thorns and vines goes up half my back
    Both hips have sparrows one blue one pink
    Left wrist has a skull with a bow and baking spoons (skull and cross spoons hahah)
    And left shoulder has a old band logo on it

As for pricings ive only got my belly and my ears. Ears are gauged to 0.

Not quiet where I thought id be at 22 but gosh this stuff is expensive.
  • hellokathy
    Options
    Not quiet where I thought id be at 22 but gosh this stuff is expensive.

Ha, same here. I'll be 30 this year and I thought I'd have at least a half sleeve by now. Nope, didn't happen. But the big pieces are just so expensive and I don't want to get a bunch of tiny ones or -worse- to have a cheap but bad artist do them.
  • nadsazombie
    Options
    My point exactly!
    My plan was to get bigger pieces and then go with the traditional dot and star filling to blend it all together.
    You get what you pay for is what I always say!
    And id rather have a rad piece then something some guy made in his garage and homemade motor and gun …sorry im not trying to look like I got tatted up in prison hahaha
  • nadsazombie
    Options
    i also just noticed your ticker.....it should be jade =))))) hehe
  • hellokathy
    Options
    Yeah, I know what you mean. There's this one tattoo I regret getting because it was a spontaneous decision and we got it done in this really weird place. Never wanna do that again. The sad part is that not only are good artist expensive but it's also close to impossible to get an appointment here. There's this one girl in my area who's work is amazing and I'm dying to get tattooed by her but she had this one day in the beginning of September when she would open her calendar for 2013 and by noon, all appointments were taken. :(

And nooo, Jade is awesome but if I put anyone but Davey in there, it'd have to be Adam. ;)
  • nadsazombie
    Options
    i hear ya the hubbs and i gotta travel 5 hours just to get a good tatt.
    ridiculous!!!!! lol
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    for my cousin that died in a car accident back in may - by far the most painful one yet

4566352_6338.jpg
  • ConstanceMarieRuff
    Options
    I was looking at some of the posts and I saw some beautiful tattoos. (: I only have 2 (for now). One is on my right wrist, it is just a basic name (my boyfriend) in cursive and black ink. And the other is on my left forearm, it is a tribal cobra. (: I didn't cry on either one of them. I giggled the whole time on the first one because it tickled, haha. And I giggled through most of the second one because it tickled also but I got tired of sitting there and wanted to go to sleep but couldn't. I love getting tattoos. I want so many more. (:
  • babecon
    babecon Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    This is my portrait tattoo of my dad. He passed away almost 11 years ago. But this isn't a sad tattoo...I love it so much! It looks just like him! I love being able to look down and see his face whenever I want to. I also enjoy all the comments I get about it. Apparently when people glance at it without really looking they think it looks like "Freddy Kruger" or "a wizard" or "a character from Hee-Haw". LOL. My dad would've appreciated that as he had a pretty offbeat sense of humor (like me).

First session took about four hours. Touch up and darkening took close to two more. No crying or puking...Well, maybe a little crying when it was done because it's so beautiful. <3

8625fff8.jpg

I don't normally like portrait tattoos but that's really lovely! He looks so cheeky, it's great