Replies

• mjhedgehog
    mjhedgehog Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Just got done with day 2. super sore!
  • chelw727
    chelw727 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Today was day 5 for me and I'm feeling great. I also ran for 20 minutes before 30DS this morning. I would like to run for at least 30 minutes, but I wake up at 3:45am to try to get outside by 4am. I have to be inside "shredding" by 4:30am to leave the house for work at 5:50am. Anyways, I'm trying to work out the best schedule for my workouts (I always seem to be figuring this out). Right now this seems to be working! :)
  • chelw727
    Options
    Doing pretty well! I have only done 2 days, but I feel good and have enjoyed seeing a liiiitttlle bit of definition in my arms. I feel like the beginning of the workout I feel so weak and that I won't be able to do all of it, but by the end I wonder why I was being such a wimp! Jillian's commands help- when I want to give up is about the time she keeps saying things like "don't quit on me!" "that is fear leaving the body", etc. Haha!

How often are you all weighing/measuring? I am a little OCD about it, but it really backfires because if I don't have any results from day to day I get discouraged. What do you all think?

Great work everyone! You're all doing great!

I decided to not weigh or measure for this whole 30 days to see what big results I get. I don't want to get discouraged by not seeing movement so I figured I'd just use my eyes to see any changes until 30 days. :)

I agree. I'm not going to measure until I'm done with 30 days. Hopefully, I'll start to feel it in my clothes until then.

Thank you, everyone! I think I will join you in that. I weighed myself today and had not had any change (don't really know what miracle I was expecting), but I will hold off until the end of the 30 days so I don't get discouraged and drive myself crazy. Thanks for sharing your advice! :)

I agree! I don't want to measure until the end! :)
  • Time4NUME
    Time4NUME Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I am sooooooooooo sore but I am hanging in there. I think I might take tomorrow off...B-u-t.....Knowing me I am going to try and push on.... I will keep you all posted...
  • kikiallain
    kikiallain Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was Day 5 for me... moving on to Day 6 today!! We almost didn't do it yesterday but but me and my fiance then felt guilty not doing it so we ended up doing it and were so proud of ourselves!! I'm thinking either saturday or sunday we'll take a break although then again we might feel guilty and push through!! I think my knees need a break though!! The closer I get to day 10 the more scared I get of moving on to level 2... anyone else feel that way?!
  • mssoulrebel_77
    Options
    Yep - completely know what you mean!!! I've reached a confidence level with the level 1 exercises. Worried what level 2 will do to me :-) Also really thought about skipping tomorrow (today was day 5 for me)... actually still thinking about it. I have exercised every day since Sunday in some way, shape or form and I honestly could use a break. Not sure I'll do it though. I've also decided to move up to 5 pounds for the last half of level 1 and that scares me too.
  • kikiallain
    kikiallain Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Yeah same here for upping the weights.. i now use 5 for everything except for the squat press and the side lunges with lifts.. still not able to do those fully with the 3lbs so.... Hopefully level 2 won't be too bad on us... we still have 5 days to go ..
  • sarah1334
    sarah1334 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I took a day off after 5 straight days of 30DS and felt SO much better after I did... I guess having a day off for my muscles to recover was a good idea, because I was able to do so many more pushups/squats/torture moves than I had before :) Just something to think about!

And today is my last day at Level 1... eek!
  • mssoulrebel_77
    Options
    I took a day off after 5 straight days of 30DS and felt SO much better after I did... I guess having a day off for my muscles to recover was a good idea, because I was able to do so many more pushups/squats/torture moves than I had before :) Just something to think about!

And today is my last day at Level 1... eek!

VERY good to know and glad you shared - I have been seriously debating taking a day off cause I just feel like my body needs it. Might just do 5 on and 1 off and finish in 35 days instead of 30 :)
  • Time4NUME
    Time4NUME Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Okay, I did it.....yay....and on top of that I put 2lb weights on...(what was I thinking???????)...
  • justmarried15
    justmarried15 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Feel like a wimp, but today was day 3 for me. Things are getting a bit easier but by the 3rd circuit I'm still ready to die. Also, I can't stop saying "simple but effective" in my everyday life...hahaha.
    Anyone else? :)

I sometimes do these old Shape workout videos and they have the BEST (slash funniest) quotes..."only 16 reps and I got a butt blast on that one!" "It's a total body workout! We're not building bulk at all!"

Have a great weekend everyone <3
  • chelw727
    Options
    I took yesterday off from 30DS as well (which would have been day 6), and I did a 3 mile run instead. I have a different work schedule on Fridays (working at 6am instead of 7am), so I'll be taking every Friday off from 30DS. I like completing the shred in the mornings before work, and of course the time will vary on the weekends! I definitely think it's fine to take a day off! I also weighed myself this morning and lost 1.5 lb in the past week---YAY! :happy:
  • SamEriksson
    Options
    I completed Day 6 a few minutes ago. Tired, but happy that it's done. Looking forward to rest the whole evening and tomorrow as well.
  • mjhedgehog
    Options
    just got done with day 3. :D
  • chooriyah
    chooriyah Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Day 9 today...

I was completely dying for the first three days, even hobbling up and down the stairs at work cause my thighs hurt so much. I haven't been sore since Day 5 now, and I kinda miss it. I can do the cardio no problem now, but the strength stuff is still really difficult - I SUCK at push-ups and have to do the side lunges with baby weights or I'll fall over...

Thinking about moving up to Level 2...but kinda scared. I've read that there's lots of plank moves, which will hopefully make the place where my abs ought to be feel like it's on fire....(:
  • mjhedgehog
    Options
    just got done with day 4 and it was pretty easy. I think I might do 1 or 2 more days of level 1 and move up. :happy:
  • tfrobinson
    tfrobinson Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Completed day 5 today, with taking the weekend off. I really think that I will do 5 days in a row and take 1 day off. It was hard getting up this morning and working out with 2 days in a row off. I weighed myself this morning but did not loose anything. But I have noticed that my clothes are getting looser on me. I keep telling myself that I am gaining muscle and loosing fat, but it would be nice to see the scale move alittle.
  • mssoulrebel_77
    Options
    Completed day 5 today, with taking the weekend off. I really think that I will do 5 days in a row and take 1 day off. It was hard getting up this morning and working out with 2 days in a row off. I weighed myself this morning but did not loose anything. But I have noticed that my clothes are getting looser on me. I keep telling myself that I am gaining muscle and loosing fat, but it would be nice to see the scale move alittle.

I posted something about this on my profile - but I only lost 1.4 this past week. However, according to my body fat % - I've lost 3 pounds of fat (which is what you want to lose anyway, right?). And I've lost mad inches this week... so I must be holding onto water and building muscle. I use an omron hand held to get my body fat % - but my recommendation for anyone who can afford the $20-30 would be to get one (or a similar device) - so that you can get a pretty solid picture of how much FAT you're losing, especially during a period when you're working on toning/building muscle :)
  • sarah1334
    sarah1334 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I posted something about this on my profile - but I only lost 1.4 this past week. However, according to my body fat % - I've lost 3 pounds of fat (which is what you want to lose anyway, right?). And I've lost mad inches this week... so I must be holding onto water and building muscle. I use an omron hand held to get my body fat % - but my recommendation for anyone who can afford the $20-30 would be to get one (or a similar device) - so that you can get a pretty solid picture of how much FAT you're losing, especially during a period when you're working on toning/building muscle :)

3 pounds of fat?! That's AMAZING!! Keep up the good work! Maybe I need to get one of those omron things...
    I haven't gotten on the scale since Friday, but I'm a little scared that I did some serious damage with game-day drinking this weekend. Why is it so hard to be sober when all your friends are not? Gah, football season.
  • mjhedgehog
    Options
    done with day 5. :D