Training and gaining?!?!? HELP!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    So glad to have found this so I can be prepared for a potential gail. I just started my half training this week for a race in January, Yeah it's a long train, but it's my first half! I'm 4 lbs from goal, but have a great trainer that has taught me to not focus so much on the scale and more on my fitness level. I'm going to be watching this closely, and also watching to assure I don't use my training as an excuse to over eat.
  • Calvinsgrl1
    Calvinsgrl1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I gain while I am training because I eat way more carbs then my normal diet which is lower carb and higher protien. Your sense of accomplishment will be worth the extra lbs and after just go back to your norm. Before your next training cycle begins :) Good luck everyone!!
  • kelleliz
    Options
    I have read that while running long distances or doing constant/consistent run workouts your body sort of goes into a "cruise control" like on a car. Your body is minimizing its fuel use by maintaining the same speed no matter how much longer you run. AKA you aren't burning like you think. The key for maximum fat-burn is to switch up the workout by varying speed and intensity. Try sprints followed by a recovery walk or running on different levels like hills. I add in yoga during the week and weight-lifting (BodyPump) to mix up my workout schedule. If I could run everyday I would but from my research, in order to successfully train, you need days of rest and other types of training... not just running. Hope this helps! -Training for my first half and whole marathon:smile: Hope I do it!
  • sbbc09
    sbbc09 Posts: 22
    Options
    "Gained" 3-4 pounds training for my half. Lost it all in the days after when I went back to a 40/30/30 macro ratio (was at 50/25/25 and 55/25/20 while training). Water retention or something, maybe. Also, the weight also started creeping on in the last month of training when my long runs were 9-11 miles. Make sure you're not using your training as an excuse to eat anything and everything!