• chljlleal
    chljlleal Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Good challenges thank you

Good luck with your move!
  • LindaJWan
    LindaJWan Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the challenge - I have been slacking on my fruits and veggies....
  • Tristalee08
    Tristalee08 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Due to my living situation we do not have living room furniture nor a living room. I am current;y living with my boyfriend at his mother's. We are paying all her bills due to the fact she has no job. She is a serious hoarder. I have just a bedroom with a bed that sits a lot higher than most. THe rest of the house is filled with junk and you strictly have paths to get to the kitchen, laundry room and bathroom. Can I do my Jillian Michael's 6week 6 pack ab workout and count it for this each day instead. If not I have no choice but to fail this challenge.
  • scoobyrules177
    Options
    Sounds good. The fruit and veggie one is great. Not sure how I will do with the other challenge. I just started a boot camp this week and I can barely moves my arms right now....should be an interesting three months.
  • jakaske
    jakaske Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Excellent! I need all the help I can get with Fruits and Veggies!
  • carhicks
    carhicks Posts: 1,924 Member
    Options
    Wow, 5 servings will be tough, right now I am thrilled that I am getting 3.

How many reps of each exercise would be done per circuit?? Just asking, as I did not see that on the video. Thanks.
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    I found a list to help with portion sizes for the fruit & veg challenge...

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/5ADAY/Documents/Downloads/5ADAY_portion_guide.pdf
  • Mahi33
    Mahi33 Posts: 69 Member
    Options

Thanks for posting this, it's very helpful.
  • berv0009
    berv0009 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Been doing really well with the fruits and veggies this week! Feeling great! I updated my weight on the spreadsheet today instead of tomorrow as I am going to visit my parents this weekend and I won't have my same scale ( so therefore I don't think it would be accurate).

Feeling good with a loss of 3.6 in the first 2 weeks!

YAY THIS CHALLENGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Andreake08
    Andreake08 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I have already been practicing the fitness challenge... Just to make sure I could do it...

Yesterday was hell... I felt nauseous and I finally had to vomit... Not pretty... :(
    Today? Fantastic!! I pushed it a little bit more and I kept going... Next step, doing the four sets exercises in their maximum and three times instead of twice... :D

As for fruit and veggies? No issues... But I'll have to really spread them through the day, as I can't eat a lot in one sitting (gastric bypass)... :(
  • praskovka
    Options
    sounds great! :) on Monday I'm going back to school so I'm not sure whether I'll have time to do the exercise challenge everyday but I'll try to do my best! I can't see the video via my phone so I'll see it tomorrow when the internet will be paid :D anyway,I was just wondering how many times a day we should do it?once?twice?more..? :)
    I also like the second part! Not sure again but the best I could do of course ^^ thanks for the link with the portion sizes!it's helpful :)
    good luck everyone!
  • sassieatl
    sassieatl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Been doing really well with the fruits and veggies this week! Feeling great! I updated my weight on the spreadsheet today instead of tomorrow as I am going to visit my parents this weekend and I won't have my same scale ( so therefore I don't think it would be accurate).

Feeling good with a loss of 3.6 in the first 2 weeks!

YAY THIS CHALLENGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations on the loss!!! Yaaayy!
  • sassieatl
    sassieatl Posts: 120 Member
    Options

Thank you so much for this site
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    OK, my knee is really not happy with me at the moment and I don't want to push it so I am going to skip the exercise video challenge and instead do a repeat of last week's challenge (where I set myself a goal of 300 minutes of exercise and came up short due to an injured dog and work crisis). I'm still in for the fruit & veggie one though!
  • ChrissieNer
    ChrissieNer Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Ahh, good challenges!! Looking forward to adding a different type of workout to my routine too. :)
  • checof
    checof Posts: 114
    Options
    I cruised during the first two weeks, but I'm finding this third challenge more challenging! I like that.

I am operating under the assumption that 1 portion = 1/2 cup.
    Yesterday I succeeded. Today I got 4 portions in, but was too full to add the 1/2 cup I'm missing.

I haven't been able to do the exercise part of the challenge at all so far, which sucks. Hopefully tomorrow!
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Loving the fruit/veggie challenge. It really makes me aware of what I'm eating and I'm making better snack choices as a result! Unfortunately, I'm not sure I'll be able to stick with the exercise challenge. I did it Saturday and I found very do-able for me, but yesterday I had a bad asthma attack (allergy-induced) and I'm still feeling awful. My inhaler is almost out and I can't get a refill without a doctor appointment, and I couldn't get an appointment scheduled until 10/3. Taking it as easy as possible so I can hopefully avoid a $100 ER trip :frown:
  • Stef0325
    Stef0325 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    How do you all plan on logging your excercise video routine? Should it just be considered strength training (which I don't know why we don't get added calories for that) or calisthenics?
  • mwgner
    mwgner Posts: 115
    Options
    Finally did the circuit, after forgetting for the last two days. All I can say is, I could barely do it one time through. My wrists are in a lot of pain and I am sort of winded....being out of shape really sucks.
  • carhicks
    carhicks Posts: 1,924 Member
    Options
    Having a tough time getting in 5 veggies and fruit. I upped my veggies to 2 - 3 servings per day this month and am getting that in. Will keep trying.

The exercise is hard on the arms, but am plugging away and getting in at least one rep per day along with the other exercise I am doing.

Hope everyone else is doing well.