Successful Harvest

Options
hunter1025
hunter1025 Posts: 281 Member
I figured I would start a successful hunt thread. I know the season starts at different times around the country.

Replies

• trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Aww man ya had me excited!!!
  • hunter1025
    Options
    Hopefully next Sat. I will have a doe on the ground.
  • cliffcameron
    Options
    i gotta wait till oct 1st before i can go out gotta love western NYS
  • trackercasey76
    Options
    We start Archery season on 10 -1 but we a Youth weekend/ Early doe season on Sept 22-23. So I will have the kids in a tree with me.
  • cliffcameron
    Options
    always good to here about young peaple going hunting planning on taking my grandson for some short trips this year
  • bustinhides
    bustinhides Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Well the bowseason starts for me on the 29th,i have been wearing the pigs out all year,i am ready to put some brown on the ground.i will be hunting on two places this year.ive been feeding for three months and have had alot of does and young bucks on camera.most of my corn has been eaten up by the hogs.i hatem!!!!!!! So far only one eight point i passed on last year coming in at night three times.i cant wait to let the z7 unleash the heat! Good luck everyone!
  • hunter1025
    Options
    Well tomorrow's the start of out early archery doe season. Shot for about 2 hours today. I am ready to put one on the ground.
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • trackercasey76
    Options
    can't wait
  • hunter1025
    Options
    Well the deer are up 1-0. Day 1 I saw more hikes and dogs than anything. Saw 1 guy twice and I had to say something to him the second time. He didn't know it was hunting season yet.
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    I hate those guys
  • redhotredneck
    redhotredneck Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Early doe this weekend in MI. Plan on going out on Sunday. :) I'm letting the hubs have first crack at a doe this year, since last year he didn't have much time to hunt - due to his old god awful weekend night 12 hr shifts, thank goodness he's back on mon - fri 8 hr shifts! I feel that I'm being nice that way ;)
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    Early doe this weekend in MI. Plan on going out on Sunday. :) I'm letting the hubs have first crack at a doe this year, since last year he didn't have much time to hunt - due to his old god awful weekend night 12 hr shifts, thank goodness he's back on mon - fri 8 hr shifts! I feel that I'm being nice that way ;)

yup, you're wife of the year
  • hunter1025
    Options
    Good luck to you guys. I will be going back out on Friday again.
  • trackercasey76
    Options
    Can't Wait I will be taking both kids out this weekend for the youth hunt. I may carry the ML for the doe season too. In case they are too far for the kids to shoot.
  • hunter1025
    Options
    Day 2 in the wood for me. It is now tied up 1-1. Shot a young doe at 4:00.
  • RavenhairedWoman
    RavenhairedWoman Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Our county deer depopulation program started on Sep15th but we can't hunt our park on Saturdays until Dec so our first day up in our stands was Monday Sep 17th. My dad got a button buck in the morning. In the evening he got a young doe and I missed a shot at a young doe but saw over 14 deer. After checking my crossbow over we found that my scope mounts had come lose (the factory mounts on Excalibur crossbows are crap, but that is the only complaint I have about my Ibex.) Tuesday it was thunder storming all day so I spent the day processing the two deer that my dad got. Wednesday after changing out my scope mounts, siting the bow back in and taking a few practice shots, I was back in my stand. I saw over 11 deer including a big body at least six point buck. I shot a doe at about 17:15 est. Decent sized doe, bigger than my dad's two put together. It was my first kill with my crossbow. I can't wait to get back up in my stand again :). We are looking at a pretty productive deer depopulation program.
  • trackercasey76
    Options
    congrats!!! We are hitting the woods for a youth hunt this afternoon!!!
  • hunter1025
    Options
    Congrats Raven.

Good luck Tracker. It's always a rush to see a youth get something.
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    congrats to both of you!!

Massachusetts sucks, I have another 4 weeks before I can start.