9/17/12 Challenge

Options
GIAngel222
GIAngel222 Posts: 227 Member
This weeks challenge is to burn 3,500 calories and not go over a single thing (fat, sugar, carbs, etc.) for the week.

Replies

• JediSwan
    JediSwan Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    What about the natural sugar thing?
  • GIAngel222
    Options
    Natural sugar, Protein and Vitamins are all okay to go over.
  • SuperAmie
    SuperAmie Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Burn baby buuurrnnn!!!!!!!!!!! I may go over but its usualy because of natural sugars, like what was said.. or carbs from vegetables. But I dont count them lol I mius them in my head :)
  • kmorris21
    kmorris21 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    GAME ON!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I'm in....Good luck to us all!
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • GorgeousNLC
    Options
    Whoa I would jump in to the group on a tough challenge but I'm in.
  • chinky79
    chinky79 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!!
  • MsMartyMac
    Options
    Wow, that's 500 calories a day. Great week for me to get back on track. What is your best suggestion for tracking actual calories burned if I don't have a fancy heart rate monitor?
  • firedenswife2012
    firedenswife2012 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm in. It wil be hard not to go over fats especially on the weekend for me so it will be a great challenge.
  • armstrong90802
    armstrong90802 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I have reached a point where it is getting harder to stay under calories and lose weight. So anything new to help me stay focused would be great.
    :smile:
  • GIAngel222
    Options
    Wow, that's 500 calories a day. Great week for me to get back on track. What is your best suggestion for tracking actual calories burned if I don't have a fancy heart rate monitor?

hmm...that is a good question. I use a HRM and before that I went by what MFP said. I think by going by MFP or a machine (treadmill, bike, etc.) you may be under calculating.
  • JediSwan
    JediSwan Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I used MFP for a long time in calculating and LOVE that I have HRM now. Would never go back if I dont have to. They are awesome! :)
  • sabbs31
    Options
    Can't wait to get started!!
  • direwolfprincess
    direwolfprincess Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    What an awesome challenge!
  • GIAngel222
    Options
    Since I am not friends with all of you, please post your exercises on here, not only for calculation purposes but for us to give you kudos!!!! :wink:
  • girlynottoogirly
    Options
    I'm in.:smile:
  • re_freshME
    Options
    I'm in. What a great start towards the week. Hurray! I went to the gym and have burned a lot. Still going!
  • horsemom47
    horsemom47 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Okay here we go! Just joined mfp today...horseback riding tomorrow morning! No idea how many calories that will burn....
  • re_freshME
    Options
    So excited!!!