What exercises do you do throughout the day at work?

Options
amandab1669
amandab1669 Posts: 86 Member
I try to stay as active as I can during the day when I can remember. I always take the steps in stead of the elevator and I walk to my co-workers to speak to them instead of calling or e-mailing them. I also do ab vacuums and 15 squats when after I go to the bathroom. What do you do throughout your day?

Replies

• KatMinch
    KatMinch Posts: 16
    Options
    What are ab vacuums?
  • amandab1669
    amandab1669 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    ab vacuums are when you suck in your stomach for 20 secs which equal 1 sit-up. You can feel it right away and you can do it sitting or standing
  • LemonSnap
    LemonSnap Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I try to get in about five or six Leslie Sansone 5 minute 'desk' walks during the day.
  • tvl0308
    tvl0308 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip on this one. I will have to start doing this. :)
  • KatMinch
    KatMinch Posts: 16
    Options
    Huh. I'm going to have to try that....
  • judy20in2011
    judy20in2011 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I brought in a jump rope, will do that for a couple of minutes, jog in place, push ups, lunges.. I can sneak off and do these through out the day!
  • allison0820
    allison0820 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    HI I'm new here, but just recently I have started a routine to do at my desk everyday that I am at work... at least once I day... I log it under strength training in MFP... but here is what I do...

This is like my sneaky get it in at my desk workout....
    Ab/Butt Squeezes
    Leg raises
    Leg extensions
    Arm circles
    I - Y - T's
    Shoulder press (with a full water bottle)
    Bicep Curls (with a full water bottle)
    Tricep presses (with full water bottle)
    Inner Thigh squeeze (I use a towel between my knees)

I do 15 of each for 2 sets.

Sometimes I also walk for about 15 mins with a co-worker outside if the weather is not too bad.

I am also a member of a local gym, I am in there usually 3 - 5 times a week usually on the elliptical and a few machines. I either go during my lunch hour or really early in the morning like 5am.
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    So usually at work i fo luncges a squats when i make tea at work and thats about it.
    But i just did a search on y ou tube for sitting workouts and found some good ones.
    I liked "swwet wnesations sitting workout"
    As it didn't need any extra equiptment, and i think it can be done in small bits whenever i get the chance.
  • ezBrizy
    ezBrizy Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    When I take my breaks I usually take the stairs from the bottom to the top, making a lap around each floor then heading up to the next, then make my way back down. I do simple stretches at my desk. I'll walk on my lunch if the weather is nice. I'm about to start bringing in my 5lbs dumbells to keep at my desk to squeeze in some arm work. Gotta try those ab vaccums!
  • skicheer12
    Options
    new to the group. Love the idea of walking the stairs and lapping the floors. just started walking during the 1/2 break I am supposed to take daily. just enough for 1.5 miles around our complex. :-)
  • AlexandraLynch
    Options
    Throughout the day I do some balance poses and some standing forward bends. Any chance I can stretch my hamstrings and calves I grab.
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I always take the stairs (never elevator...but this isn't new since I was trapped alone in an elevator when I was 14). I take the long way around whenever there IS a long way around. I use the bathroom UPSTAIRS (and take the stairs to get there and back) I'm a clutz and I drop things so I get in extra squats and lunges. If nobody is looking I do desk pushups. When I'm driving I practice belly dance belly rolls. (practice contracting abs from bottom to top, then again from top to bottom. As I have improved, I do it in time to music.)
  • KYBETH
    KYBETH Posts: 52
    Options
    ab vaccums when I am driving.. Easy way to get 30 minutes or so in... beats just sitting there in traffic.
  • Shug_E
    Shug_E Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I drive for a living so when I can I stretch my legs, do push ups using the hand rails, walk up and down the stair, walk around the vehicle and now that I know about ab vacs, they will be added to my list of things to do
  • notpuna
    notpuna Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If I can I go my work-gym either in lunchour or after work whenI can stay longer. And....whilst using hand-drier,I do squats or leg raises or hip rotations. At desk I tense muscles, 4 times for 4 seconds,then 6 times for 6 seconds, 8 for 8 and 10 for 10.
  • virtueouswoman4u
    Options
    I do leg lifts and squats whenever i can on top of using cases of can dog food as weights, (i work at a vet clinic ;) )
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I get up and move around as much as I can, stretch, etc. I use the restroom that is farthest away from my office, up some stairs. I do vacuums as well, and this squat routine by Ido Portal a few times a day

https://youtu.be/lbozu0DPcYI