Longing For.....

Options
2»

Replies

• ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    lol you are right, i am missing yard bad. i will definitely be there sometime between now and the end of the year, i just need to work out when
  • TreAckee
    TreAckee Posts: 26
    Options
    What are you Jamaicans living abroad missing? What are the must haves to bring back with you from your Jamaica trip?

Right now 2 juicy beef patty and piece a jerk pork would do me well.

I wonder if i am the only one who bring back grace corned beef, vienna sausage and tin makerel? Not only does the ones here in the UK look and taste different, the price man! Saw a tin of grace bully beef for 3 quid......it also annoys me that i can't find small tins here. Keep seeing grace halal bully beef as well.....so confused. Nothing beats the good ole stuff straight from yard.

Oh lawd.. in no particular order.

Big Foot
    Guinep
    Apple
    Patty (and cocobread)
    Reaal potato pudding
    Longy mango
    Sugarcane
    Sausage
    Green banana (so nice and soft!)
    Jelly (nice and cool... oh man)
    Oranges (oranges here is just not the same)..
    Ackee (the clue is in my name Lol)

Oh man, I love the vibes. If I had money I would go more often.
  • TreAckee
    TreAckee Posts: 26
    Options
    longing for some devon stout ice cream. would also settle for some grape nut or good ole rum and raisin. the rum and raisin they sell here is missing the rum!

Ooooh, try Tesco's Finest Caribbean Rum n Raisin ice cream. That ice-cream is made with crack I'm sure...so addictive that I had to wean myself off it. LOL
  • ackeebee
    Options
    longing for some devon stout ice cream. would also settle for some grape nut or good ole rum and raisin. the rum and raisin they sell here is missing the rum!

Ooooh, try Tesco's Finest Caribbean Rum n Raisin ice cream. That ice-cream is made with crack I'm sure...so addictive that I had to wean myself off it. LOL

:laugh: :laugh: i will have to check it out. i have tried the rum and raisin from iceland and i swear the rum was missing. this weekend when i am out shopping i will definitely check out the tesco one
  • ackeebee
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: i will have to check it out. i have tried the rum and raisin from iceland and i swear the rum was missing. this weekend when i am out shopping i will definitely check out the tesco one

i still haven't tried that ice cream yet.

I am craving 2 juicy beef patties right now.
  • TonyStark30
    TonyStark30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I feel stupid for not bringing Patties back this year, I didn't want to risk it, but my flight landed so early in England there weren't even any Customs people at the tables!
  • msenior
    msenior Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hey u lot.

I bought back the following:

Patties
    rum
    magnum
    rumcream
    ackee
    mango
    grater cake
    bulla cake
    icymint
    gingermint
    sweet potato
    drops
    soursop
    sugarcane
    sweetsop
    bammy

Im telling you i always have to pay for an extra bay. luckily i always get away with it, those custom officers are brilliant. DWL.
  • msenior
    Options
    I have two patties in the fridge right now. A friend gave me them last week. Saving them for special occassion.
  • ackeebee
    Options
    :laugh: msenior you are something else.
    i never brought back icymint of gingermint but i use to bring back peanut brittle and tamerind ball.

i have brought back patty for one of my cousins a few years ago but never brought any for myself. i wasn't crazy about patty that time lol plus i had ate enough in jamaica. on my next visit i will definitely have to bring some back.

i also want a nice piece of yellow yam to bring back next time too. maybe some fry fish too.
  • msenior
    Options
    I had one of the patty today. OMG its lovely.
  • lorro
    lorro Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Another day, another Jamaican food thread :laugh:

Mine: Guinep and Tamarind. We had trees in our yard whan I was a child, it was like having a free sweets suppy :bigsmile:

I'd totally forgotten about bammie, wonder if you can buy it in the UK..
  • ackeebee
    Options
    I had one of the patty today. OMG its lovely.

juicy or tastee?
  • msenior
    Options
    Tastee.
  • ackeebee
    Options
    i am not a fan of tastee patty. it has to be juicy for me
  • CharisSunny
    CharisSunny Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Sandy stole ALL the bananas!!! :sad:
  • ackeebee
    Options
    :laugh:
    on my recent trip to jamaica i brought back a dozen grace bully beef, a dozen grace chicken sausages, 10 grace mackerel :laugh: plus the usual rum

and soursop leaf for its cancer fighting properties:wink:
  • CharisSunny
    CharisSunny Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I heading to the north east in May and I dont know what Im packing just yet...but plantain chips are a must. I couldnt go 10 weeks without it.