Week 1, Tuesday 9/18-Monday 9/24

Options
2»

Replies

• ladybrandy
    ladybrandy Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday Ladies. A little slow with the water today, so I need to pick it up! Otherwise, I've been doing great w/ the water. Next week's challenge (starting Tuesday) will focus on sweets, so get ready!
  • ladybrandy
    Options
    Water done!
  • MikkLuhnRozzWhuh
    MikkLuhnRozzWhuh Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I feel like poop, hahaha. I just joined the group and have missed this challenge. This habit, however, is something that I have been working on. Can't wait to see what the next challenge will be :D Looking forward to finding out!!
    I'm Mikalyn. I'm 21 years old and aiming to lose a total of 85 pounds. I've lost around 4-6 so far and it's just jumping up and down and all about because I had a couple off days. I have a hard time with motivation so I guess it's bound to happen, but I'm back on and strong and hope to stay that way consistently....eventually.
    It won't happen overnight, but I will find consistency and that's a lot of the reason I joined this group...because I want to find a constant way of making good habits and challenging myself to be even better.
    If I MAY recommend a challenge. I would recommend, uhm, writing a reminder for yourself to say something POSITIVE and putting it somewhere where you will see it...so the real challenge would be saying something positive to yourself every day for a week. It could be something that you've improved on or something that looks good about you....or something about yourself that you like.....it has to be something positive....something to lift your spirits. Because we can't always look to everyone around us for encouragement, yano? Sometimes, even if people encourage us, we have to let ourselves be encouraged...and if we can learn to put positive thoughts in our heads each day, then that would be a good first step??
    Anyway, I talk too much, hahaha. Hi everybody!!
  • MikkLuhnRozzWhuh
    Options
    Happy Saturday Ladies. A little slow with the water today, so I need to pick it up! Otherwise, I've been doing great w/ the water. Next week's challenge (starting Tuesday) will focus on sweets, so get ready!

Oh, okay, rofl. Was just wondering what the next challenge would be. Looking forward to it!! <3
  • ladybrandy
    Options
    Welcome Mikalyn! So glad to have you. Join in the water challenge; it's a challenge we can continue even when the next one starts!

Regarding your suggestion for a challenge, that is a good idea. Keep a mental note of it b/c in a couple weeks, each person will have a week to choose a challenge for the entire group. Maybe we can even post something positive about ourselves each day that week.
  • wayaluna
    wayaluna Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Thank you Brandy for starting 7 day challenge group! have about 36 pounds to loose after having lost about 155 pounds with WW and regaining about 30 pounds. This time I want to make it to my end goal and stay there for life. Drinking enough fluids is important to healthy living so I'm all in for it! I'll look forward to starting the next challenge on Tuesday.
  • MikkLuhnRozzWhuh
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Thank you Brandy for starting 7 day challenge group! have about 36 pounds to loose after having lost about 155 pounds with WW and regaining about 30 pounds. This time I want to make it to my end goal and stay there for life. Drinking enough fluids is important to healthy living so I'm all in for it! I'll look forward to starting the next challenge on Tuesday.

Glad to see you have joined the group, Waya :D
  • MikkLuhnRozzWhuh
    Options
    Welcome Mikalyn! So glad to have you. Join in the water challenge; it's a challenge we can continue even when the next one starts!

Regarding your suggestion for a challenge, that is a good idea. Keep a mental note of it b/c in a couple weeks, each person will have a week to choose a challenge for the entire group. Maybe we can even post something positive about ourselves each day that week.

Thanks for the welcome and I'm glad to know my suggestion was appreciated...Idk, I don't mean to sound conceited or whatnot, but I think it's a wonderful idea... (whoops, I sounded conceited)...I really think that SOMEBODY (*cough WAYALUNA cough*) pretty much encouraged the diea.
    I was told, at one point by "somebody" (*cough....ooooh, I give up, you know who it is)...that thinking positively about what you plan to become instead of what you don't want from what you are at the moment.....is much more helpful. It's much better to see a future than to stay in the present. Instead of saying "I hate being fat..." say something like "I can't wait 'til I'm smaller..."
    This doesn't mean that we'll get to our goal just by saying the happy things and doing nothing to get to them, but this does mean that we'll be more motivated to make the effort if we say what we hope to achieve like it can be a reality...yano?
    So happy to be in the group. Looking forward to being challenged!!
  • ladybrandy
    Options
    Welcome Wayaluna! So glad to have such wonderful people join us! I look forward to getting to know you all.
  • MikkLuhnRozzWhuh
    Options
    I look forward to getting to know you all.

Yussss!! <3
  • ladybrandy
    Options
    Last day of the water challenge. What went well? Any challenges? For me, I struggled more on the weekend. Usually, I drink 2-3 cups of water before going to work in the morning, but on the weekend, I'm out of routine and not as focused on water. I made it but definitely more of a challenge.
  • MikkLuhnRozzWhuh
    Options
    Last day...pretty much the day I joined, but if I may be honest, if I had known about the challenge, I would have done much better.
    It's amazing how a small "I dare you to...(insert action)" could really help you be more motivated. "I dare you to drink more water every day..." would have been extremely helpful and I just wish I had known.
    Bring on the next challenge. :D
This discussion has been closed.