Day 1

Options
today is first day everyone!

i am so happy and excited all of y'all are doing this with me!! i thought i would be alone in this, but in less than one day i have met some great people. thank you to everyone who is doing this with me.

does not matter when you fit in to the the 30 day shred. (as long as it gets done today)

each day i will post a new topic so we will be able to discuss about that day.

i am here and everyone else is too if anyone needs to talk or ANYTHING.

HAVE A GREAT DAY 1! :)

Replies

• emboch
    Options
    Hi There! I would love to start today with you all in addition the the other workouts I do as well! Cannot wait to shed to pounds with everyone. Feel free to add me :)
  • toughlovexx3
    Options
    Hi There! I would love to start today with you all in addition the the other workouts I do as well! Cannot wait to shed to pounds with everyone. Feel free to add me :)

YAY. that is great! so excited for you to join the rest of us.
  • Kimjanebrooks
    Kimjanebrooks Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I will be doing this tonight!! Quite excited but know it'll be hard. How many calories do you think we should put in for it when we start?
  • mommajolynn
    mommajolynn Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I'm going to take a short nap then I will do it. Soo excited to see all this flab go away!
  • jencuts15
    jencuts15 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Just joined the group! I've had the DVD for months and haven't been able to find the motivation to start!! I SWEAR today after work will be my Day 1!! Are we doing the workouts everyday? Also, how can we log it into our exercise diary?
  • toughlovexx3
    Options
    I will be doing this tonight!! Quite excited but know it'll be hard. How many calories do you think we should put in for it when we start?

honestly i am not sure. maybe someone who has joined could give an input to us :)
  • Kimjanebrooks
    Options

honestly i am not sure. maybe someone who has joined could give an input to us :)

I'll ask some mfp friends that have already started and let you all know
  • Kimjanebrooks
    Options

I'll ask some mfp friends that have already started and let you all know

Most people have said they enter it as 20 mins circuit training. (By the sounds of it, i'd rather enter it as 20 mins torture but dont think they have a calorie count for that!)
  • dalh
    dalh Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I found a reference to how many calories burned by the 30 day shred here..... http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/694573-30-day-shred-calories-burned If you read it, it mentions that you just multiply 1.1 by your body weight to find out how many cals you burn :) I also use endomondo to track workouts sometimes and it got very close to the same calculation when I entered aerobics for 20 mins with my weight and height :)
  • dontmesswithtx
    Options
    I'll be doing mine tonight after the kids are in bed. I can't wait to have the support I've been looking for and need to keep up with the workouts!
  • ashlbubba
    ashlbubba Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I'm actually on Day 5 of Level 1- so I'm just a couple days in (I started 6 days ago actually - bad girl skipping a day in the very first week) The first day was horrible, the second day was pretty pathetic- but on day 3 it started to come together. I assume that by time I feel comfortable with it we'll be moving up a level!

Oh and by the way ladies-- my size 16 jeans are feeling a little extra loose today!!

Yay!!! Stick with it- results come fast!
  • Kimjanebrooks
    Options
    Hey all! I'm actually on Day 5 of Level 1- so I'm just a couple days in (I started 6 days ago actually - bad girl skipping a day in the very first week) The first day was horrible, the second day was pretty pathetic- but on day 3 it started to come together. I assume that by time I feel comfortable with it we'll be moving up a level!

Oh and by the way ladies-- my size 16 jeans are feeling a little extra loose today!!

Yay!!! Stick with it- results come fast!

Wow! That's encouraging!!
  • Nina1116
    Nina1116 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I started today too...via YouTube! Problem is I only have 8lb weights so I had to put the dumbbells down for part of the exercises. Would you suggest buying some 3/5lb weights or just powering through with the 8lbs? I did have to stop a couple times doing the lunges (I have bad knees) and I had to modify the butt kicks but I got through it!

I wore my heart rate monitor and it said I burned 254 calories for the 27 minutes.
  • Bellalaya
    Options
    Hi all! I started the 30 Day Shred on Friday.. love it! My husband and I are terrible together- eating whatever and drinking beer. I need some healthy support and motivation :) It seems like people are getting great results from this DVD so I'm ready to join in! Hoping to get a head start on getting in shape before the holidays!
  • Steph4454
    Steph4454 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Day 1 done and feelin good! Whoo hoo!
  • toughlovexx3
    Options
    I started today too...via YouTube! Problem is I only have 8lb weights so I had to put the dumbbells down for part of the exercises. Would you suggest buying some 3/5lb weights or just powering through with the 8lbs? I did have to stop a couple times doing the lunges (I have bad knees) and I had to modify the butt kicks but I got through it!

I wore my heart rate monitor and it said I burned 254 calories for the 27 minutes.

cans from your kitchen would work if you want to save money
  • toughlovexx3
    Options
    I'll be doing mine tonight after the kids are in bed. I can't wait to have the support I've been looking for and need to keep up with the workouts!

i am too :) after kiddos are in bed. i will check on you when i am done doing it tonight to see how it was for you
  • ashlbubba
    ashlbubba Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I started with 2 lb weights and bought some 5 lbs ones after a couple days for some of the exercises... I keep them both out and use the set that makes me feel the burn without feeling like I'll never be able to pick up my arms again!
  • jaguirre8898
    Options
    enter it as 20 mins of circuit training thats what i was told when i started 30 days ago and it is based on your weight but it will calculate calories burned the closest.
  • Fitby31
    Fitby31 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Well I was planning to start tomorrow, but reading the posts in this group as me so pumped, maybe have to do it tonight before dinner.