Day 1

Options

Replies

• MagpieKat
    Options
    I started it today after and THEN I searched MFP and found this group.

I love how she explains the hows/whys of the quick switches and also doesn't give anyone the out for the jumping jacks (no modified here) because it's only 20 or so.

It was a great workout and I actually look forward to doing more and the results that have to follow.
  • 08AmandaC
    08AmandaC Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I am on day 4 but could really do with the support please! Struggled yesterday but seen this group and it has kept me motivated! GOOD LUCK to everyone! xxx
  • berlinrunnergirl
    Options
    I just did my first day – this is exhausting, but now I feel good. Don't have any weights so I use books... I knew that Norton anthology would come in handy one day!
  • MyPaperBleedsInk
    MyPaperBleedsInk Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Starting later tonight after classes are done and I'm back from a dinner with friends/neighbors. My body is sore just thinking about it. haha
  • 08AmandaC
    08AmandaC Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Just completed day 4 - felt the burn even more than yesterday!

Is it just me or do your weights get heavier through the workout??!!!!
    :bigsmile:
  • francaise3
    francaise3 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I started today too...via YouTube! Problem is I only have 8lb weights so I had to put the dumbbells down for part of the exercises. Would you suggest buying some 3/5lb weights or just powering through with the 8lbs? I did have to stop a couple times doing the lunges (I have bad knees) and I had to modify the butt kicks but I got through it!

I wore my heart rate monitor and it said I burned 254 calories for the 27 minutes.

cans from your kitchen would work if you want to save money

I use 0.5l bottles filled with water! :D
  • e1izab3th2
    e1izab3th2 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Just completed day one! :happy:

I use my body media to calculate how many calories burned. I usually burn between 158-173 with level one.

I use to just imput circuit training in the myfitness pal calculator which I think gave a higher value burned.

I have never gotten past 20ish consequtive days in this program and I am going to really push to get the full 30 in.

Good luck everyone! We can do this! :smile:
  • dalh
    dalh Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 1 :D
  • francaise3
    francaise3 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Just finished with Day 1! Pretty tired to say the least! And my arms and legs are gonna hurt tomorrow for sure.. Good luck to those who are starting as well!
  • vipena786
    vipena786 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Good Luck everyone! I did Day 2, Level 1 last night and I am so so so sore, but it is so so so so worth it!
  • Kimjanebrooks
    Kimjanebrooks Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Oh how i ache already!!!! Only day 1! God that was hard!!
  • jasmine75
    jasmine75 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    So glad to of found this group and the posts! I have 28 days til a meeting out of town. .. so gonna kick it into gear with Jillian! She always kicks my butt and I sooooo need it right now! Glad to be here!
  • mommajolynn
    mommajolynn Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Just finished. Decided to do today without weights and boy am I glad I didn't. OUCH lol... I think I will do 5 days without weights and introduce weights on day 6 - 10. I know I won't burn as much but I only have 5lb weights and I'm no where near strong enough to do it with them. maybe I will see about buying some 3lb weights after I get paid.. or weighted gloves...
  • kvalmera
    kvalmera Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Day one done! I don't have weights so I just used bottled water, lol just 1 lb each but it was something, lol I will have to look into getting some weights this week,
  • MyPaperBleedsInk
    MyPaperBleedsInk Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Just finished.
    And wowwwww.... I can't even do a MODIFIED push up. That's how weak my upper body strength has become.
    And to think I used to be on the wrestling team and could lift/bench press the same or more than many of the guys on the team. Boy have things changed.
  • kathers01
    kathers01 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 1 :) 29 to go haha
  • fit_dawn
    Options
    Day 1 done! Not as terrinble as I thought, but still kicked my butt. Is it possible for your abs to feel tighter after just one workout?! Oh how I hope to regain my waist soon!
  • amandaxonicole
    Options
    Just finished day 1! Not as bad as I thought. Really glad I decided on 3 lb weights instead of 5. I'm pretty sure my arms hurt the most lol but I really want to stick with it and see it through the whole 30 days! :)
  • toughlovexx3
    Options
    Finally did day 1.

jumping jacks is a no no for me lol but since i kinda skipped out on them i did some minutes on my exercise bike until i felt like i had to puke then i stopped ;/

hopefully that feeling goes away. but a good day today.
  • kvalmera
    kvalmera Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Just wondering how everyone is feeling after Day one? I am sore, sore, sore!! lol I walked 1 mile tonight to try to cut down the soreness but my arms and back (again!!!) are really feeling it! :(