Logistics - How do you record the workout on MFP?

Options
Ok, I'm new to the site and thought I'd jump in with both feet and join the 30 Day Shred while I was naive and hopeful :love:

How are you all going to record the workout on MFP? I have found running, walking, yoga... but didn't find anything for Jillian Michaels :wink:

Good luck everyone, and thanks for your help!

Replies

• slightner
    slightner Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I believe you record it under circuit training.
  • L0diD0di
    Options
    Hello, I'm new here too. :) I assumed we would put it under circuit training as well. But I don't have a HRM or anything so I'm not really sure how accurate the MFP tracker is for this workout. :\ I've done the 30 Day Shred before and loved the results, but never really knew how many calories I was burning! I'll probably be doing some walking/jogging, elliptical, or other exercise in addition to this.
  • mgoetsch1982
    mgoetsch1982 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    You can do it one of two ways:

1) Circuit training, general
    2) Create your own exercise

I would recommend using a HRM to get a more accurate burn (however, even that will be off). I always underestimate because MFP has a tendency to overestimate what we burn. You can also use the circuit training, general and then change the calories burned to what your HRM states too!
  • ismiseciara
    ismiseciara Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I read on livestrong that for a person who weighed 155 , they would burn 167cals.....which works out at 1.11cals per pound of weight so your weight X 1.11 = cals burned

I don't know how accurate that is either but I think im going to follow this ...id rather underestimate than over estimate :)
  • kmuree
    kmuree Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I've partially done 30DS before with amazing results and I have a HRM. In the first week or so, I burnt an average of 284 calories (I created my own exercise, Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred, and changed the calorie amount every time I logged it) on level one and around 300-400 (when going at it HARDCORE with actual weights) on level two. I never made it to level three. :laugh: