favorite dish to take to a potluck

Options
I am having people over for a race shirt decorating party this weekend... its a dinner potluck.

What is your favorite paleo friendly meal to take places?

Replies

• kecarlto
    kecarlto Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Beanless chili is always good in the fall! I have been loving Everyday Paleo's Walnut Red Pepper dip with raw veggies for dipping. http://everydaypaleo.com/2010/02/06/super-bowl-2010/

not-potato salad (basically potato salad made with cauliflower) is a good classic potluck dish. Crock pot pulled pork is easy and delish as are roasted veggies and you can never have enough greens! (think chopped kale salad). Also, you can never go wrong with bacon wrapped ______(fill in the blank)____!

I'm all about fast and easy for potlucks so those are my picks.
  • Smonks00
    Options
    bacon wrapped sweet potatoes: sauted Sweet potato squares in coconut oil and cilli powder for like 5 minutes, then wrap 1/2 or 1/3 piece of bacon and bake till bacon crispy.
    Bacon/Guac sammies: Half bacon slices and cook. cool. make guacamole. then make sandwiches out of 2 pieces of bacon and guac. Bomb!
    Quinoa and veggies: cook quinoa (chill) add cucumber, beets, tomatoes, bell peppes, green or red onion and a little italian dressing. everyone loves this!
  • LeidaPrimal
    LeidaPrimal Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Dehydrated sweet potato chips or shrimp with fresh salsa or guacamole. Shrimp in particular tends to evaporate at potlucks.

Grain-less meatballs (nobody will know the difference). Or a big pot of solyanka (sausage with cabbage stew). Mini cabbage rolls with hoisin turkey.... really, endless choices.

Basically something I want to eat if absolutely everyone brings crap!
  • mensasu
    mensasu Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    bump for reference
    Any ideas for desserts besides berries and fresh cream?
  • Fitby31
    Fitby31 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Chipotle Honey slow cooker pulled pork . OMFG so good. You can find it on fastpaleo.com
  • Fitby31
    Fitby31 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    bump for reference
    Any ideas for desserts besides berries and fresh cream?

Chocolate avocado pudding
    berry & coconut milk popsicles
    banana bread

Fastpaleo.com has lots of options. Really love that site!