Starting early

Options
I started this DVD a while back. I was unsuccessful in finishing even level 1 (I was moving and carrying heavy things upstairs did in fact strain me). I planned on starting the DVD today along with either Six Week Six Pack, or Ripped in 30.

My wedding is May 18, and I wanna lose my "spare tire" before alterations for my dress and so I can look banging at my honeymoon.

I was hoping for some inspiration and encouragement. I get so down on myself when I don't start to see results immediately.

P.S. If someone can tell me how to upload pictures, I'll show you what I've got going on.

Replies

• Jesstruhan
    Jesstruhan Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I found this link in the technical support area. I needed it too. I did this in August only I want to try Ripped in 30 or something different. The Shred was amazing for me. I lost a dress size! I only dropped about three lbs but my body changed dramatically. So happy.

Good Luck!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/104076-posting-pictures-on-the-boards-tutorial
  • mgoetsch1982
    mgoetsch1982 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Hey, I will be doing some 30 DS before October 1 as well. But I will start it at the beginning once October rolls around the corner.
  • Goal_Driven
    Goal_Driven Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I am actually on Level 1, Day 5 today but I could use the support of a group!! :)
  • raven23uk
    raven23uk Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I started today
  • danceVICKIdance
    danceVICKIdance Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I started today too. I did the 30 Day Shred, Six Week Six Pack, and finished off by running in place for about ten minutes. My finance came home and he said he could feel my fat was already loosening up.

It sucks though, my friends wanna lose weight as well, but they're so far from me, and are doing just the diet thing. It sucks!

I'll also be tracking my progress on my blog:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/danceVICKIdance
  • tessavonhagen
    tessavonhagen Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Started today as well but will be doing it with breaks until oct 1. went hiking and rock climbing yesterday then did this today when i couldnt already move. tomm at work isnt gonna be too pleasant lol.
  • danceVICKIdance
    Options
    Started today as well but will be doing it with breaks until oct 1. went hiking and rock climbing yesterday then did this today when i couldnt already move. tomm at work isnt gonna be too pleasant lol.

Give it a few days. You'll be SO used to it. I made it through level one once.I'll probably be stopping for a day or two soon. I'll be visiting family.
  • MrsRachaelM
    MrsRachaelM Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I started today as well. I had already planned on it. I have started several times but never get past level 1. I have a good friend pushing me so hopefully the accountability and this site will help me stick with it.
  • stayathomezookeepa
    Options
    Hi everyone I just joined. I have tried doing the shred twice before but never got past day 4. I am going to start early as well. I will start on the 27th. I have visitors coming on october 26th so I want to be finished with the shred since I will have a full house with 6 kids 6 and under and will be super busy. :)
  • FrauSarah
    Options
    I started 5 days ago and I am amazed how fast you see results. I was aching bad the second day, but pushed through it. I think it's hard on my knees though. Is anyone else having knee pain after 30ds?

I am glad I found support :-)
  • danceVICKIdance
    Options
    I started 5 days ago and I am amazed how fast you see results. I was aching bad the second day, but pushed through it. I think it's hard on my knees though. Is anyone else having knee pain after 30ds?

I am glad I found support :-)

I did my first time around. I would stop for a couple days. I really messed mine up. I started limping everywhere. Haha

Just give it a rest for a few days, and then take it easy until you work up your joints to support the movements.
  • MissTrim46
    MissTrim46 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday and today I completed Day 2.
  • idoitforkristal
    Options
    I started today and am very glad I'm "starting early". Made it into the 2nd round before almost collapsing. I know I can do it, but it will take some time to work up to the full 20 minutes. I'm excited for the challenge, but it is also eye opening to see how much my big body can't do. I am going to push through this. I am going to be different. I am going to be capable!
  • danceVICKIdance
    Options
    I started today and am very glad I'm "starting early". Made it into the 2nd round before almost collapsing. I know I can do it, but it will take some time to work up to the full 20 minutes. I'm excited for the challenge, but it is also eye opening to see how much my big body can't do. I am going to push through this. I am going to be different. I am going to be capable!

You've lost seven pounds already girl! Good job!!

Your enthusiasm is so inspiring. I soooo love it. You give me hope too.
  • danceVICKIdance
    Options
    Hey guys! I completed day two today. I feel great, other than the backs of my legs being sore.

Yesterday and today I completed level one of 30 Day Shred and Six Week Six Pack, along with ten minutes of a jog, just in place.

How do you guys feel today?

P.S. I'd like some thoughts from you guys about starting a group for us who didn't want to wait until October to start this. How do you feel about that? Just a little something to have each of us talk to each other, motivate each other, and get some insight from others who are a little ahead of us.
  • crummans1096
    Options
    I started yesterday, with the hopes of being able to get through a whole workout by October 1st. I've had terrible knees since I was in jr. high, but I found a great brace and actually jumped around yesterday. No more excuses!! :happy:
  • Flutetunes
    Flutetunes Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just started today to prepare myself so that I can build endurance in October. It was fun!! Only had to take about a minute total of breaks. But boy my legs are sore. xD
  • ElphieTMoLM
    ElphieTMoLM Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I just bought the dvd today, plus a mat. What type of free weights do you recommend? is it better to start with 3 lbs ones and work up to 5 lb ones?
  • danceVICKIdance
    Options
    I just bought the dvd today, plus a mat. What type of free weights do you recommend? is it better to start with 3 lbs ones and work up to 5 lb ones?

I use three pound dumbbell. And I am not the only one doing that. You are putting stress on your body, even with one pound. So I would start with the three and work your way up. You definitely do NOT want to strain or seriously mess anything up.