Calorie Burn

Options
I don't have a heart rate monitor that tells me how many calories I have burned. But I just did the first 3 miles of the 5 mile fat burning walk dvd. I put it in mfp as walking 5mph for 36 minutes because the dvd cover says each mile is done in 12 minutes. Would that be right? Has anyone compared MFP's calorie burn to their hrm? Any suggestions?

Replies

• netter43
    netter43 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I would be interested in hearing others reply as well - I do the exact same 3 miles and I log it as 3.5 MPH for 38 minutes.....I too need to save my pennies to invest in a heart rate monitor - hopefully others will chime in as obviously we are miles apart :)
  • divone1
    divone1 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I do the first three miles of Walk Slim 4 Really Big Miles which comes out to 38 minutes and according to my heart rate monitor I burn anywhere from 302 to 343 calories depending on how much effort I put in. Extra arm raises kick it up to the 330 - 340 range for me. Hope this helps.

I use the New Balance N4 heart rate monitor that I picked up on sale at Target and it seems to work great and is really easy to use.

I just love these workouts!!

Happy Walking!!
  • ShinyFuture
    ShinyFuture Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I log it as low impact aerobics.
  • Alioops831
    Alioops831 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hi! New here. :)

I always log it in as low impact aerobics. It's more than walking...it's aerobics.