Avacados

Options
zynx1234
zynx1234 Posts: 73 Member
So how do you all feel about avacados?... I am trying to refine my diet as I am not really seeing the scale moving... Atkins not so good with them in induction from what I read... primal/paleo are cool with them.

Any experience. I tend to eat 1 every other day or so....

Replies

• leftoverbun
    leftoverbun Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Avocados are great for LCHF. Salads, on top of burgers, etc. Good fat, and some potassium too!
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I love avocados!! Yes, you can eat them on Atkins induction : http://www.atkins.com/Program/Phase-1/What-You-Can-Eat-in-this-Phase.aspx

As long as you work them into yuor daily carb allowance they are great, very nutritious and excellent healthy fats.

I eat them in salads, make guacamole, on burgers, steaks etc..... Here is a good recipe for crab stuffed avaocados:

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/9093/crabstuffed-avocados
  • mstorvik
    mstorvik Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I eat almost an entire one a day!! Great for fiber and the potassium! I struggle big time with potassium.... so they are perfect!
  • praxisproject
    praxisproject Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Love love love. Dr Atkins was a big fan of the carb / fat ratios of avocados and macadamia nuts.
  • foochick
    foochick Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I eat as much Avocado as I can. It adds a huge fat boost, they're delicious....but they are a bit 'carby' on induction. I eat 20-25 a day, and a whole avocado is 14-17, depending on who you ask. They dont slow me down or stall me at all, in fact they help immensely in regards to my fat/protein/carb ratio.
  • jutymo
    jutymo Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I eat as much Avocado as I can. It adds a huge fat boost, they're delicious....but they are a bit 'carby' on induction. I eat 20-25 a day, and a whole avocado is 14-17, depending on who you ask. They dont slow me down or stall me at all, in fact they help immensely in regards to my fat/protein/carb ratio.

Yeah but about 10-11 of those 14 are fiber so net carbs = 3-4 usually on a whole avocado. All the more reason to keep on eatin'!