BlueJean4114 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    AW GEEZ, your cut and paste post
    is so overwhelmingly inaccurrate,
    and SO TYPICAL of the average misinformed fox news viewer,
    you've hit ALL their talking points, every one of 'em,
    but
    it's hard to even know where to start,
    on your mistaken impressions on economics, welfare, taxes, etc etc. Most everything you wrote,
    is so wrong.

I *might* be back later to dismantle your every remark later on,
    or i might throw in the towel,
    as you are too far gone, too too misinformed
    to even distinguish facts
    from email fwds that you actually believe......................as i pointed out in the post with the rotating "click here" buttons........hope you do read those links there,
    and wonder,
    what all else you believe,
    has just been rightwing propaganda........

later.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    You obviously have no real experience with the military. The military is not some huge machine that wakes up every day and says "Huh, I think I'll go **** with some other country". Politicians are the ones that send our troops into places and "aid" whichever side they think is right. And both sides of the fence use troops in equal measure, you just only hear about the times when a Republican sends them in...never mind that we STILL have troops rotation in and out of Bosnia and Kosovo, even though Clinton specifically said that we'd only be there for a while....that was HOW many years ago?

I am all for pulling out of every country that we currently are in, telling the UN to **** off and stationing all of our troops within our borders.

The fact that you don't realize, or at least don't seem to, that many of these places that we are in now truly do hate American, and they'd just as soon come in and kill every last atheist as they would christian. There is real evil out there and it does have a religious angle, but we only generally see atheists targeting christianity as a major problem.

Whatever though, I guess it's impossible to share the same theological ideas (or lack there of if you will) and have differing opinions politically. I see.... I would have thought that at least in an atheist forum there'd be more rational and logical discussion and a lot less brainwashed zombies shambling around. I guess that thinking for yourself is just lip service?

Well, I married into the miltiary, so i'd say I have a pretty ****ing good idea, thanks. We agree on the pulling out, the politicians sucking, etc... but when you say "a large military is a must," that definitely implies overseas, especially with the other comments you've posted. We can have a large military and stay here. Nowhere did I specifically blame the military--hence why, once I realize you were a soldier/vet saying the things you were, you struck me as nothing more than a diggit.

What YOU don't understand, because I doubt you've studied it, is that the MAIN and LARGEST reason these other countries (and I'll specifically say Middle East, since that's the elephant in the room) do NOT hate us for religious reasons directly. They hate America because we are occupying their lands, which violates Islamic law. America kills their people, takes their resources, sets its borders, supports an illegal country, etc. If we left, you wouldn't be seeing the terrorists we've essentially groomed. READ Osama Bin Laden's papers and books--what he writes could literally be read as early American Revolutionary texts.

Again, RESEARCH. Open your eyes and ears. See that, no, these people don't hate America for "their freedom," because their women "have uncovered hair," or because the US gets seen as a "Christian nation." They first and foremost hate the US because.we.are.over.there.

But, seeing as how your first response is, "Well I don't think you know what you're talking about" to half of the things said to you, I'm not sure what sort of willingness you have to learn. To go off my own bias: I see lots of Michigan M's in your profile pics. You only fulfill yet another stereotype there...
  • BlueJean4114
    Options
    OH my post is out of order, i am still replying to crapola the OP wrote on last page........sorry.

btw, just quickly off top of my head,
    re Healthcare,
    the current ACA was originally a republican idea.:laugh:

And it was modelled after Romneycare. If you don't like Obamacare,
    i wonder how you will rectify voting for Romney..:wink: .......hmm.

but,
    todays' republicans are sooooooooooo much more extreme,
    so so so much further to the right,
    than even 30 years ago. shiver.
    THE GOP HAS CHANGED DRAMATICALLY.

they are the party of no,
    and even vote no
    on their very OWN proposals,:laugh:
    if Obama puts it forth. They just want to make Obama fail,
    and several openly say this is their goal.........even if they are voting against their very own proposals, against the interest of the middle class.

it's NOT the same republican party we once had.[./b]

military,
    our overblown budget,
    using over 60% of our nation's budget,
    has to be trimmed.
    We really do not need a navy that is bigger than the entire rest of the worlds navys, combined.
    The spending we do there, is keeping USA behind in so many other areas.

Obama has cut *some* wasteful spending, like the production of jets, at $4 billion each,
    which USA has never
    ever
    even used ever once. (however, that production ws hugely supported by republicans and several special interest corporations who owned said republicans)
    however,
    overall,
    sadly,
    Obama has not significantly reduced the military:cry: .
    Your fears are unfounded.

I am very very proud of Obama getting USA out of that bogus Iraq war,
    WHICH WAS NEVER PAID FOR,
    Bush never ever added it into his budget, ever,
    so when Obama did,
    it looked like Obama's spending,
    when in fact, it was just straightening out the mess Bush left for him,

and I greatly admire how he had the cojones to make the call to go in after Bin Ladin, even when his advisors were against it. That really could have backfired for Obama.
    I admired how we did NOT put troops on the ground in Libya, yet, got rid of Ghadaffi.
    I overall, like much (not all, but much) of Obama's role as Commander in Chief
    very very much, including his removing the stupid "DADT" which lost our military too many of our soldiers.

THE AMERICAN AUTO INDUSTRY IS ALIVE (even tho Romney said let it die)
    AND
    BIN LADIN IS DEAD.
  • BlueJean4114
    Options
    You obviously have no real experience with the military. The military is not some huge machine that wakes up every day and says "Huh, I think I'll go **** with some other country". Politicians are the ones that send our troops into places and "aid" whichever side they think is right. And both sides of the fence use troops in equal measure, you just only hear about the times when a Republican sends them in...never mind that we STILL have troops rotation in and out of Bosnia and Kosovo, even though Clinton specifically said that we'd only be there for a while....that was HOW many years ago?

I am all for pulling out of every country that we currently are in, telling the UN to **** off and stationing all of our troops within our borders.

The fact that you don't realize, or at least don't seem to, that many of these places that we are in now truly do hate American, and they'd just as soon come in and kill every last atheist as they would christian. There is real evil out there and it does have a religious angle, but we only generally see atheists targeting christianity as a major problem.

Whatever though, I guess it's impossible to share the same theological ideas (or lack there of if you will) and have differing opinions politically. I see.... I would have thought that at least in an atheist forum there'd be more rational and logical discussion and a lot less brainwashed zombies shambling around. I guess that thinking for yourself is just lip service?

is this reply to ME?

i AM A VET, too.

I am aware,
    as are most americans now,
    that soldiers do not choose where we go to war.
    but
    "Hating America",
    is NOT a valid reason to wage war.

8DpYr.gif
    duh.

btw, there's been a marked decrease in "hating america" with Obama, like hitting the 'reset' button around the world. Certainly, many nations still see USA as a bully and war mongering nation, but, Obama seems to be more respected as our representative around the world than that cowboy Bush ever was.

and
    Iraq had nothing to do with 9-11, btw, although,
    most Faux news viewers still believe that nonsense.:indifferent: Saddam Hussein was a horrible tyrant, that the USA put in place there,
    but
    there are horrible tyrants alllllllll over the world, many of which we do business with.
    this war was about oil, and war profiteering and some 'daddy' thing that W had going on.
    Whole war was bogus sham.

so i stand by my remark, that i am very very glad that President Obama got USA out of Iraq, which was a bogus war waged on lies,
    and for the war-profiteers, like Blackwater, who made billions off of Iraq. Odd how none of those "free market" republicans
    complained about Bush doling out NO BID contracts to his pals..................odd how the "self reliant" repubs
    did not complain
    when contractors were hired to do
    what we in the military ALWAYS did for ourselves............our soldiers sometimes sat and did nothing
    while some contractor being paid 5x to 10x what the soldier made,
    for peeling potatoes, building latrines, running wiring, etc. Yeah, that really happened.

RE: troops still on Bosnia,

USA never
    ever
    completely leaves any country we invade.
    We still have troops, (150,000 to 200,000 usually, at any given time)
    in Germany, Korea, Japan, etc., about 50,000 each country there.

you didn't know that? and you want to say to me, "i know nothing about the military"?? rofl.
  • BlueJean4114
    Options
    Ugh, this is so not worth my time.

AGAIN I am not against the billboards I just find it silly to even bother attacking religion in such a way. As an atheist I find that this is an illogical waste of money and does NOTHING to help people make rational decisions, but rather paints all atheists as religion hating, hate spewing nut jobs. THAT is what I take acception with, NOT their right to do so. You may type at 100WPM but your reading comprehension is not that great.

Also it's not that I have a short attention span, but rather your formatting just plain sucks and is hard to read.

And as far as the Democratic party, I take issue with the things that they are IMPOSING on the people now (e.g. Healthcare laws) that WILL restrict my choice to make my own decisions (and you are an idiot if you don't see that coming) and the fact that their new platform specifically includes language to allow the government to subsidize and pay for things like abortion.

The party has been declining for years, not to mention its past issues attempting to repleal many pieces of civil rights and voter protection laws that were championed by the Republican party. This is a long history of oppression and that is something that you can't escape no matter how much the DNC wants to rewrite history.

“Democrats are unwavering in our support of equal opportunity for all Americans. That’s why we’ve worked to pass every one of our nation’s Civil Rights laws… On every civil rights issue, Democrats have led the fight.”

October 13, 1858
    During Lincoln-Douglas debates, U.S. Senator Stephen Douglas (D-IL) states: “I do not regard the Negro as my equal, and positively deny that he is my brother, or any kin to me whatever”; Douglas became Democratic Party’s 1860 presidential nominee

April 16, 1862
    President Lincoln signs bill abolishing slavery in District of Columbia; in Congress, 99% of Republicans vote yes, 83% of Democrats vote no

July 17, 1862
    Over unanimous Democrat opposition, Republican Congress passes Confiscation Act stating that slaves of the Confederacy “shall be forever free”

January 31, 1865
    13th Amendment banning slavery passed by U.S. House with unanimous Republican support, intense Democrat opposition

April 8, 1865
    13th Amendment banning slavery passed by U.S. Senate with 100% Republican support, 63% Democrat opposition

November 22, 1865
    Republicans denounce Democrat legislature of Mississippi for enacting “black codes,” which institutionalized racial discrimination

February 5, 1866
    U.S. Rep. Thaddeus Stevens (R-PA) introduces legislation, successfully opposed by Democrat President Andrew Johnson, to implement “40 acres and a mule” relief by distributing land to former slaves

April 9, 1866
    Republican Congress overrides Democrat President Johnson’s veto; Civil Rights Act of 1866, conferring rights of citizenship on African-Americans, becomes law

May 10, 1866
    U.S. House passes Republicans’ 14th Amendment guaranteeing due process and equal protection of the laws to all citizens; 100% of Democrats vote no

June 8, 1866
    U.S. Senate passes Republicans’ 14th Amendment guaranteeing due process and equal protection of the law to all citizens; 94% of Republicans vote yes and 100% of Democrats vote no

January 8, 1867
    Republicans override Democrat President Andrew Johnson’s veto of law granting voting rights to African-Americans in D.C.

July 19, 1867
    Republican Congress overrides Democrat President Andrew Johnson’s veto of legislation protecting voting rights of African-Americans

March 30, 1868
    Republicans begin impeachment trial of Democrat President Andrew Johnson, who declared: “This is a country for white men, and by God, as long as I am President, it shall be a government of white men”

September 12, 1868
    Civil rights activist Tunis Campbell and 24 other African-Americans in Georgia Senate, every one a Republican, expelled by Democrat majority; would later be reinstated by Republican Congress

October 7, 1868
    Republicans denounce Democratic Party’s national campaign theme: “This is a white man’s country: Let white men rule”

October 22, 1868
    While campaigning for re-election, Republican U.S. Rep. James Hinds (R-AR) is assassinated by Democrat terrorists who organized as the Ku Klux Klan

December 10, 1869
    Republican Gov. John Campbell of Wyoming Territory signs FIRST-in-nation law granting women right to vote and to hold public office

February 3, 1870
    After passing House with 98% Republican support and 97% Democrat opposition, Republicans’ 15th Amendment is ratified, granting vote to all Americans regardless of race

May 31, 1870
    President U.S. Grant signs Republicans’ Enforcement Act, providing stiff penalties for depriving any American’s civil rights

June 22, 1870
    Republican Congress creates U.S. Department of Justice, to safeguard the civil rights of African-Americans against Democrats in the South

September 6, 1870
    Women vote in Wyoming, in FIRST election after women’s suffrage signed into law by Republican Gov. John Campbell

February 28, 1871
    Republican Congress passes Enforcement Act providing federal protection for African-American voters

April 20, 1871
    Republican Congress enacts the Ku Klux Klan Act, outlawing Democratic Party-affiliated terrorist groups which oppressed African-Americans

October 10, 1871
    Following warnings by Philadelphia Democrats against black voting, African-American Republican civil rights activist Octavius Catto murdered by Democratic Party operative; his military funeral was attended by thousands

October 18, 1871
    After violence against Republicans in South Carolina, President Ulysses Grant deploys U.S. troops to combat Democrat terrorists who formed the Ku Klux Klan

November 18, 1872
    Susan B. Anthony arrested for voting, after boasting to Elizabeth Cady Stanton that she voted for “the Republican ticket, straight”

January 17, 1874
    Armed Democrats seize Texas state government, ending Republican efforts to racially integrate government

September 14, 1874
    Democrat white supremacists seize Louisiana statehouse in attempt to overthrow racially-integrated administration of Republican Governor William Kellogg; 27 killed

March 1, 1875
    Civil Rights Act of 1875, guaranteeing access to public accommodations without regard to race, signed by Republican President U.S. Grant; passed with 92% Republican support over 100% Democrat opposition

January 10, 1878
    U.S. Senator Aaron Sargent (R-CA) introduces Susan B. Anthony amendment for women’s suffrage; Democrat-controlled Senate defeated it 4 times before election of Republican House and Senate guaranteed its approval in 1919. Republicans foil Democratic efforts to keep women in the kitchen, where they belong

February 8, 1894
    Democrat Congress and Democrat President Grover Cleveland join to repeal Republicans’ Enforcement Act, which had enabled African-Americans to vote

January 15, 1901
    Republican Booker T. Washington protests Alabama Democratic Party’s refusal to permit voting by African-Americans

May 29, 1902
    Virginia Democrats implement new state constitution, condemned by Republicans as illegal, reducing African-American voter registration by 86%

February 12, 1909
    On 100th anniversary of Abraham Lincoln’s birth, African-American Republicans and women’s suffragists Ida Wells and Mary Terrell co-found the NAACP

May 21, 1919
    Republican House passes constitutional amendment granting women the vote with 85% of Republicans in favor, but only 54% of Democrats; in Senate, 80% of Republicans would vote yes, but almost half of Democrats no

August 18, 1920
    Republican-authored 19th Amendment, giving women the vote, becomes part of Constitution; 26 of the 36 states to ratify had Republican-controlled legislatures

January 26, 1922
    House passes bill authored by U.S. Rep. Leonidas Dyer (R-MO) making lynching a federal crime; Senate Democrats block it with filibuster

June 2, 1924
    Republican President Calvin Coolidge signs bill passed by Republican Congress granting U.S. citizenship to all Native Americans

October 3, 1924
    Republicans denounce three-time Democrat presidential nominee William Jennings Bryan for defending the Ku Klux Klan at 1924 Democratic National Convention

June 12, 1929
    First Lady Lou Hoover invites wife of U.S. Rep. Oscar De Priest (R-IL), an African-American, to tea at the White House, sparking protests by Democrats across the country

August 17, 1937
    Republicans organize opposition to former Ku Klux Klansman and Democrat U.S. Senator Hugo Black, appointed to U.S. Supreme Court by FDR; his Klan background was hidden until after confirmation

June 24, 1940
    Republican Party platform calls for integration of the armed forces; for the balance of his terms in office, FDR refuses to order it

August 8, 1945
    Republicans condemn Harry Truman’s surprise use of the atomic bomb in Japan. The whining and criticism goes on for years. It begins two days after the Hiroshima bombing, when former Republican President Herbert Hoover writes to a friend that “The use of the atomic bomb, with its indiscriminate killing of women and children, revolts my soul.”

September 30, 1953
    Earl Warren, California’s three-term Republican Governor and 1948 Republican vice presidential nominee, nominated to be Chief Justice; wrote landmark decision in Brown v. Board of Education

November 25, 1955
    Eisenhower administration bans racial segregation of interstate bus travel

March 12, 1956
    Ninety-seven Democrats in Congress condemn Supreme Court’s decision in Brown v. Board of Education, and pledge to continue segregation

June 5, 1956
    Republican federal judge Frank Johnson rules in favor of Rosa Parks in decision striking down “blacks in the back of the bus” law

November 6, 1956
    African-American civil rights leaders Martin Luther King and Ralph Abernathy vote for Republican Dwight Eisenhower for President

September 9, 1957
    President Dwight Eisenhower signs Republican Party’s 1957 Civil Rights Act

September 24, 1957
    Sparking criticism from Democrats such as Senators John Kennedy and Lyndon Johnson, President Dwight Eisenhower deploys the 82nd Airborne Division to Little Rock, AR to force Democrat Governor Orval Faubus to integrate public schools

May 6, 1960
    President Dwight Eisenhower signs Republicans’ Civil Rights Act of 1960, overcoming 125-hour, around-the-clock filibuster by 18 Senate Democrats

May 2, 1963
    Republicans condemn Democrat sheriff of Birmingham, AL for arresting over 2,000 African-American schoolchildren marching for their civil rights

September 29, 1963
    Gov. George Wallace (D-AL) defies order by U.S. District Judge Frank Johnson, appointed by President Dwight Eisenhower, to integrate Tuskegee High School

June 9, 1964
    Republicans condemn 14-hour filibuster against 1964 Civil Rights Act by U.S. Senator and former Ku Klux Klansman Robert Byrd (D-WV), who still serves in the Senate

June 10, 1964
    Senate Minority Leader Everett Dirksen (R-IL) criticizes Democrat filibuster against 1964 Civil Rights Act, calls on Democrats to stop opposing racial equality. The Civil Rights Act of 1964 was introduced and approved by a staggering majority of Republicans in the Senate. The Act was opposed by most southern Democrat senators, several of whom were proud segregationists—one of them being Al Gore Sr. Democrat President Lyndon B. Johnson relied on Illinois Senator Everett Dirksen, the Republican leader from Illinois, to get the Act passed.

August 4, 1965
    Senate Republican Leader Everett Dirksen (R-IL) overcomes Democrat attempts to block 1965 Voting Rights Act; 94% of Senate Republicans vote for landmark civil right legislation, while 27% of Democrats oppose. Voting Rights Act of 1965, abolishing literacy tests and other measures devised by Democrats to prevent African-Americans from voting, signed into law; higher percentage of Republicans than Democrats vote in favor

February 19, 1976
    President Gerald Ford formally rescinds President Franklin Roosevelt’s notorious Executive Order authorizing internment of over 120,000 Japanese-Americans during WWII

September 15, 1981
    President Ronald Reagan establishes the White House Initiative on Historically Black Colleges and Universities, to increase African-American participation in federal education programs

June 29, 1982
    President Ronald Reagan signs 25-year extension of 1965 Voting Rights Act

August 10, 1988
    President Ronald Reagan signs Civil Liberties Act of 1988, compensating Japanese-Americans for deprivation of civil rights and property during World War II internment ordered by FDR

November 21, 1991
    President George H. W. Bush signs Civil Rights Act of 1991 to strengthen federal civil rights legislation

August 20, 1996
    Bill authored by U.S. Rep. Susan Molinari (R-NY) to prohibit racial discrimination in adoptions, part of Republicans’ Contract With America, becomes law

And let’s not forget the words of liberal icon Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood…

We should hire three or four colored ministers, preferably with social-service backgrounds, and with engaging personalities. The most successful educational approach to the Negro is through a religious appeal. We don’t want the word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population….

Go ahead and keep your head in the sand and act like you are and think that you are supporting a "moral" party because they tend to have more atheists or religion haters, but in the end when it comes down to it, sure seems to me that the Republican party has stood for more freedoms than Democrats ever have.

It's ok, I support your right to believe anything you want. I'll just go find people that are a bit more rational to talk to issues about.

I am not sure what this cut and paste reply is about.
    HILARIOUS how you left out the civil rights act of the 60s,
    and so so many other democratically led (and opposed by republcans)
    legislation.SqGes.jpg

LIke i've said repeatedly,
    todays republican party
    has gone so far to the extreme,
    that Ronald Regan, their patron saint who did raise taxes over 11 times,
    would not even pass a sniff test by TODAY'S republicans.

THIS NOT YOUR FATHER'S REPUBLICAN PARTY............they've been taken over by wingnutz.......

this guy saw it coming........

ZHQo3.jpg

^he saw the extremist party of no compromise, no co-operation
    coming.............today's GOP is NOT the same, they wouldn't even elect that tax-hiker, 'get rid of nukes' Regan nowadays.......

also, how is quoting a woman born in 1879, using the verbage of her times,
    whose interest was in helping women learn how to control their birth rate,
    and
    who never ever ran for
    nor held office as a democrat,

even relevant
    to the topic of democrats?
    wha?
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I agree with you. Don't believe we should act like the ones we dislike... Of course I'd like it if everyone were atheist, but you can't force that, can you.
  • futureMACH
    Options
    I'm fine with religion as long as it stays out of politics or education. Or gets presented as fact.
  • dsimmons107
    dsimmons107 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Definitely atheist. I spent most of my life being religious. I think they have a right to be that way. They just don't have the right to force on anyone else.
  • wholelottarosa
    Options

I also don't understand why so many Atheists as depicted by the media tend to be liberal, or left leaning politically. Freedom to choose is on the right hand of the spectrum not the left. Sure generally the left doesn't tolerate religion, but they just replace it with a form of religion, which is worship or idolization of the state and its leaders.

Excuse me?
    Are you aware liberal comes from the Latin word "liber" meaning free?
    The whole idea of liberalism is personal freedom. From my experience it's the conservatives that usually are pro-life, anti-euthanasia, anti-gay rights, well anti-anything that advocates the individual's right to choose.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

I also don't understand why so many Atheists as depicted by the media tend to be liberal, or left leaning politically. Freedom to choose is on the right hand of the spectrum not the left. Sure generally the left doesn't tolerate religion, but they just replace it with a form of religion, which is worship or idolization of the state and its leaders.

Excuse me?
    Are you aware liberal comes from the Latin word "liber" meaning free?
    The whole idea of liberalism is personal freedom. From my experience it's the conservatives that usually are pro-life, anti-euthanasia, anti-gay rights, well anti-anything that advocates the individual's right to choose.

Oh girl, leave it alone. We tried. We really tried.
  • RubyRed8067
    Options
    To the OP,
    i haven't even slogged through your second post yet.

guess i can only read that kind of 'logic'
    in small increments.

later.

but one more before i log off,
    You don't believe in god, why in the world would you care what others believe and attack them?

Atheist are typically the ones under attack.
    not the other way around.

I can't speak for other atheists,
    and rather resent the way some teens on facebook are somehow seen to represent the bulk of atheists,
    when teens are usually not the most logical nor well developed thinkers in the world,
    but,
    for me,
    i never attack the person.

Like i said,
    i can
    and will
    attack an idea, but, *I* never ever bring up their gods,
    they do.

I find religion offensive, myself. Such a dangerous thing.
    HOPE YOU CAN READ THIS:
    FApjr.jpg

I can attack the idea, or the "logic" they are using,
    but not the person.

Maybe not everyone can do that.
    but i can, if i choose to.
    See,
    there is a difference between saying, "The bible IS full immoral rules"
    and saying "you are an idiot who just swallows whatever you are told."

see?
    see the difference there?

I do not attack the person.
    i can and will attack the IDEA or NONSENSE.
    I am all for promoting critical thinking skills,
    and greatly fear the encroachment of religion into the US govt, it is just mind-blowing!!!!!!! I have long long list
    of how religion
    has
    and
    does
    influence our govt.

ZpowN.jpg

oh, the poster reads, "this is not a f#cking church, keep your hallucinations out of my life."

I am rather shocked you do not seem aware of this. Perhaps you watch clusterFaux news.
    that'd do it.

bump, i want these images