Staying out of the results?

Options
I have been in program for 7 years, just joined mfp 2 days ago. I wonder, if you guys are coming in at or slightly below what mfp suggests, are you really losing weight? If not, how are you dealing with it? Is there anyone here who is just using mfp as a way to share their food plan? I am, in part, doing it for that reason. Calling in and getting feedback on my food has not worked well for me, it caused me to obsess about my food more. So far mfp has not effected me that way, but I'm new and haven't had to face eating out where there are no nutrition facts posted. I don't want to turn into a slave to the mfp program. Also, I made myself a ticker, and that may have been a mistake, bc I don't want to be comparing my progress to others, but I find it inspiring to see so many have done so well...ughh...haha, these are examples of why I'm in program!! :wink:

Replies

• EllenBrover
    EllenBrover Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. I have been utilizing this program for a few weeks. I like that I have committed to keeping track of the foods I am eating. I use their numbers as a guide only. Just entering the food helps me keep on track. I cannot get to hung up on the little things, but I have found this a useful tool. For me, accountability is essential- even if it is just for myself. Good luck on the journey...
  • MsSueBee
    MsSueBee Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I work the OA program on a daily basis -- that is my bottom line. That means reading my literature, calling in my food to my sponsor, attending meetings, doing service, writing, etc. MFP for me is a tool to help me to monitor my eating and have a better idea of how I am doing, foodwise. It is one aspect of my action plan.

I link MFP to the Fitbit (souped up pedometer) and that lets me look at the net calories after exercise. I find that works much better than the total calories.

I haven't made my diary public and I don't have a ticker -- my journey is mine, and I don't want to feel "less than" anyone else. I do call in my food, though, so I have accountability in that way.

I am pretty well able to stay out of the results ... the program helped me a lot with that. I focus on what I can do TODAY ... and if I keep doing that and working my program, the results will continue to come in the long-term. (I am down 60+ pounds so far.)
  • MichelleOnWheels
    MichelleOnWheels Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I have been able to stay in my cal allotment this week, trying not to eat under 300 less than my recommended goal. A friend pointed out that I probably had bad info on one of my food entries, she was right, the database had an error. I was happy my diary was open AND someone read it AND cared enough to comment in a kind way. I weigh myself, but will only be recording on Fridays (i think) I know I am down on the scale, but more importantly I have seen some patterns I can change and I feel better about that. Also I am grateful to have support. AND grateful that I can log in walking my dog as exercise! I never would have counted that as legitimate exercise before mfp!