A new week

Options
cayman07
cayman07 Posts: 77 Member
A new week starts on myfitnesspal today good luck all on your goals for this week.

My next weigh in is on Sunday Morning, hoping for 1 - 2 lbs off this week

What do you hope to achieve this week?

Replies

• paulosoxo
    Options
    2lbs would be nice. Here's hopping.
  • GrahamSt
    GrahamSt Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    What's your weight loss set at?

Mine is set at 1lb (which is what MFP recommend) - I'm aiming for nice slow steady sustainable loss because I don't want to resent being "on a diet" and I'm aiming for permanent lifestyle change kinda thing (smaller portions mainly!)

Edit: Oh and to answer the question, if I lose a pound I'll be happy :smile:
  • Jenniper
    Options
    I had a weekend of excess and always weigh on a Friday (it helps me psychologically!).

Feel very bloated this morning :( but find it easy to control my calories on weekdays.

Hoping to lose 1 lb this week. Slowly does it!
  • takisawa2
    takisawa2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Christ, 1700 calories doesnt go a long way does it...!!!
  • FattBoba
    FattBoba Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    First week of this for me. managed to keep inside my calorie allowance yesterday by about 300 but I'll call that my "buffer" in case I'm not logging correctly.

and 1700 calories does NOT go a long way :-D
  • Tomd303
    Options
    I'm struggling. Have been ill all weekend with a cold/virulent strain of gentlemanflu. Still not well enough to go into the gym, and couldn't ride in this morning.

Because I can't earn calories, I'm gonna be hungry. It sets my target at 1370 cals per day - which isn't very much at all!
  • GrahamSt
    Options
    1700? 1370?? :noway:

I thought you lads were fat?? My calorie goal is 1900! :drinker:
  • davmel
    davmel Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    aiming for a 2lb loss this week, this gets me below 16 stone before i go on holiday for 2weeks.
  • cayman07
    Options
    Aiming for sustainability too.

Been working to 1400 calories per day which is ok and mixed with exercise in the most part has been successfully and stuck too. Today I have 728 left for dinner after breakfast and lunch.

When I move to a weight maintain I may change that limit.

I have found since calorie counting that most food now tastes most excellent :)
  • cayman07
    Options
    Sadly no weight loss this, week lot's or exercise and a few low cal days maybe next week :-)
  • davmel
    davmel Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    managed to loose 2lb this week, next 2 weeks will be difficult as im going on holiday .
  • GrahamSt
    Options
    Lost a kilo (~2lbs) this week.
    Pretty happy with that as it was more than I was expecting.

My weight loss seems to come in little surges like that though, so I'll probably not lose anything this week.
    As long as it keeps going down I don't get too hung up on it.
  • GrahamSt
    Options
    A nice bit of inspiration from one of the user blogs. This guys shed 100lbs and looks quite rightly pleased about it:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/dirtystacks/view/what-does-100-lbs-look-like-431868
  • cayman07
    Options
    Well done Graham

Going to weigh in tomorrow
  • GrahamSt
    Options
    As predicted, no change at all this week despite being well under my calorie goal.
    Ah we'll next week should show some movement.
  • cayman07
    Options
    I had a flat week week before last.

Lost 800grams/1.7lbs this week.

I have a target of another 1.8kg before first week December

Seem to be doing ok got some weeks and weekends that are going to be difficult but will remain focused.

I have found that a weigh not directly after a big ride where I have drunk a lot of water is better, seems a fair amount of retention post ride.
  • jamesha100
    jamesha100 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Hi,

First post in the STW group. I somehow have managed to lose six pounds this week. I am six feet tall and 15 stone 13 pounds today.

I set my weight loss goal as two pounds a week and was set a calorie allowance of 1490 which I have managed to stay within.

I did do a 100k audax ride last Sunday which obviously helped but losing more than I expected. I started on 2nd September (only been using MFP for a couple of weeks) and have lost 31 pounds so far.

One bonus is that I am starting to fit into my old cycling clothes from my "golden period" pre-kids.

I am just hoping that I can keep it up - in the past I have lost weight, fallen off the wagon, and put it all and more back on.
  • GrahamSt
    Options
    cayman07: yeah I always weigh first thing in the morning, post-piss. That gives you a pretty consistent "dry" weight. Otherwise you're just weighing what you've eaten/drunk.

Jamesha100: welcome. 31 pounds?!?! Holy crap well done!
  • cayman07
    Options
    I should have said the next day after a big bikeride.

Jamesha100 that's quite a loss in a short time.

Maintaining loss is something I've often struggled with in the past.

Looking back where I have been loosing a little weight before the graph is down up a little down then up then down, since using MFP ive managed a consistent loss so far but the longest period of consistent loss ever for me.. I will increase my daily calorie target when I hit the weight I want to maintain. For me at least I think that maintaining weight will be entirely based on making food choice changes habitual and natural, as well as regular exercise regime. Counting calories has opened my eyes to some of the high calorie items I was eating albeit not regularly but regularly enough.
  • jamesha100
    jamesha100 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Have managed to drop 4 pounds this week. Three of these were in the past two days - for the first five I was hardly losing anything and getting pretty frustrated. I was finding it hard to keep within my 1430 calorie allowance as well. Did quite a long (55km) hilly road ride yesterday and hopefully doing the same route today.

I hit one of my goals of going under 100kg so a reasonable week in all. Hoping next week to get my BMI below 30.