My throat gets really sore

Options
sandylion
sandylion Posts: 451 Member
I just finished week one, and I have been finding that about half way through my throat starts to get really sore. I think it's because I'm breathing really heavy. I am wondering if anyone else has this experience? Any suggestions? I'm hoping it will go away as I get better, but I don't know! I don't want to slow down because of my stupid throat being sore when the rest of me still feels like I am totally capable.

Thanks!

Replies

• MericoX
    MericoX Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I have the opposite problem.. I get all.. mucousy and bleh.. it's gross.
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    If it's really from breathing too hard, try breathing in through your nose, if you're not already.

Or maybe your throat just needs some water? Try drinking a bit before going out, taking some water along, or see if you can pass by a fountain on your route. I run around a park, so sometimes I'll go over to the playground just to sip from the water fountain. :drinker:

Other than that, I'm not sure but I totally understand not wanting to slow down. I probably pushed myself a little harder than I should have this morning, but it feels so much better to be actually RUNNING instead of just jogging.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Try to breathe in through your nose for as long as you can
    If you need to switch to mouth-inhaling, take slow, inaudible breaths rather than gasping.
  • LeonnieH
    LeonnieH Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Keep your pace slow (slow jog), running too fast will not help at all as you progress through the programme. Agree too with the advice of breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth, concentrate on your breathing and keep slow so that you don't exhaust yourself too quickly.
  • sandylion
    sandylion Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    So I have taken the advice and I have slowed down a bit, and tacked on a couple extra intervals and Voila!! The problem is solved! Thanks ladies!