Schwaggggggg

Options

Replies

• sherwinnelson
    sherwinnelson Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Saddle. That was well worth it!
    Bottle cage. Computer. I am such a newby!
  • midschool22
    midschool22 Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Saddle. That was well worth it!
    Bottle cage. Computer. I am such a newby!

We all start somewhere. Have fun and enjoy the ride!
  • thekarens
    thekarens Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Also a newbie, bought Ergon grips for my MTB and a Camelbak....well, technically the camelbak makes me look better, not the bike, but I look better on the bike :) New saddle is next.
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    We're ultra simplistic riders on relatively crappy bikes (and we ride in relatively crappy areas) so all I've got are medium sized grips and a phone holder (pretty handy, though: http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/e04d/).

Next up is for our cars - either a hitch or roof rack (maybe one each) for carrying them around..
  • banshee1013
    banshee1013 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Nice, that's pretty much what I've been looking for - how's the glare off the clear plastic part?
  • harksy
    harksy Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    IMG_3367.jpg

Winters Here ;(
  • midschool22
    Options
    Winters Here ;(

That means it's cross season.

YAY!!!!!!!

:bigsmile:
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    New Bontrager Affinity RL saddle (fitting tonight). :bigsmile:
  • FatDadSlim
    FatDadSlim Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    53/39 SRAM Red Chainset upfront with a 11/28 SRAM Red Powerdome cassette on the back.
    SRAM.jpg
  • scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    BTW loving the Adamo Prologue. Totally fixed my saddle issues. :drinker:

Thinking about picking up a set of 60/90 Flo clinchers. Maybe a wheelbuilder cover for the rear.
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    I passed an Aldi on Sunday and thought, hmmmm, I wonder...

Yay! I got some Aldi (Crane) Arm and Leg warmers :smile:

Wonder when Lidl are going to release their cycling stuff again???
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,683 Member
    Options
    Well - a couple of weeks ago, I bought a pair of Sidi's and a pair of cleats to go with them. When the box came in the post it turned out that the chap who'd picked the order had sent a BOX of the shimano cleats (i.e. 10 pairs) not a pair of 'em. So, being the nice honest person I am, I contacted customer support and told them of the problem. They were very apologetic, grateful, and helpful - arranging collection of the surplus kit at a time and date to suit me, and - bless them - they sent me a £30 "voucher" as a thank you/honesty pressie. So - as I'd just had a somewhat chilly ride that day, where my arm warmers from last year were continually falling down (guess they must have stretched out a bit, and now i'm a little leaner, as with most of my winter kit, they're too big!) I decided to splurge a little - so rather than the DHB's I was going to get, I picked up a pait of Castelli Nanoflex armwarmers for the grand sum of £2 and being honest! And, I have to say, they're rather nice too!
  • NWCyclingBeast
    NWCyclingBeast Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I bought some nice new cycling shorts and a pair of warm weather gloves the other day...
  • steviedrew1967
    Options
    My new lighting system. $10 flashlight mount from Amazon and $35 220 lumen flashlight from Gander Mtn.

photo2_zps338c737a.jpg
  • Frannybobs
    Frannybobs Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Well - a couple of weeks ago, I bought a pair of Sidi's and a pair of cleats to go with them. When the box came in the post it turned out that the chap who'd picked the order had sent a BOX of the shimano cleats (i.e. 10 pairs) not a pair of 'em. So, being the nice honest person I am, I contacted customer support and told them of the problem. They were very apologetic, grateful, and helpful - arranging collection of the surplus kit at a time and date to suit me, and - bless them - they sent me a £30 "voucher" as a thank you/honesty pressie. So - as I'd just had a somewhat chilly ride that day, where my arm warmers from last year were continually falling down (guess they must have stretched out a bit, and now i'm a little leaner, as with most of my winter kit, they're too big!) I decided to splurge a little - so rather than the DHB's I was going to get, I picked up a pait of Castelli Nanoflex armwarmers for the grand sum of £2 and being honest! And, I have to say, they're rather nice too!

You big spender you ;-) !!!

Very honest of you to send back the over-order of the SPD cleats, and nice to know they rewarded that honesty!

The Aldi kit I bought is, on the whole, very good. Except the winter cycling top makes me look like something from the original Star Trek series (I kid you not) and is a little big on me despite me going for a size down from what I am, no ways am I a small !!! But, it was hidden under my Altura night-vision jacket so I can cope with that. The waterproof trousers are great, for only a tenner they are a lot better than the overtrousers I had before which came right up to my chest, a la Simon Cowell !!! Not tried the arm & leg warmers yet, or the compression undergarments as it's not been that cold since I got the stuff, even first thing!!!
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    there's no way I'd have spent £32 on a pair of armwarmers, but with the "voucher" I thought why the heck not...:shrug:
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Winter Wheels Sorted - I've got a perfectly serviceable shimano front wheel (think its whatever the 105 series "system wheel" was maybe 4 years ago) that survived when it's rear-wheel rolling mate died, so I've just ordered a RS20 rear wheel to go with it. Should mean I can keep the Ultegra Hoops for "summer best" - i.e. keep them out of the mud, salt and gloop for 6 months a year...

Think it's going to be an expensive winter season - all my cold weather gear no longer fits, and i'm thinking seriously of building something new for the 2013 season. Just need to decide what I really want as the initial chassis :smile:
  • midschool22
    Options
    Some new gloves for the winter season.

Pearl Izumi PRO Softshell Lobster & PRO Softshell

lob1_zpscb0867db.jpg
    lob2_zps01e59576.jpg
    pro1_zps6d517166.jpg
    pro2_zpsd7868eaa.jpg
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    Been a while for me, but I got a bike rack for the car last spring. Helped so much this past summer! And before that I got a road tire for my rear to use on the trainer last winter. Knobby's on a trainer are FRICKIN' LOUD!

I don't get much for the bike, I just ride it. Stuff costs money. I don't have that.
  • CDGolden
    CDGolden Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Just got a set of mountain bike(monstercross) tires, Kenda Karma ...700x50 (29x1.9)

Mounted very nice, fits my Crosscheck fork nicely, fits the frame ok, had to pull the wheel as far back in the dropouts as possible....They look very large on a road/cross/commute frame. I like them.