Just bought a fitbit!

Options
Lwohitz
Lwohitz Posts: 9 Member
As the title says I just bought a fitbit and iam sooooo excited to get it in the mail yah! Any tips on it? I bought the fitbit ultra because I didnt want to wait until the end of the month for the new "one" to ship

Replies

• KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    There's a group for fitbit users - you'll find us all here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/1307-fitbit-users

Unfortuantely there's a lot of negativity on there at the moment owing to software issues on the fitbit side. Apparently they're releasing a 'fix' sometime this week though so fingers crossed it will all be resolved.

Aside from these issues I love my fitbit as it's a great motivator to get moving and I love being able to have a better idea of my total daily calorie burn.
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit, but like the PP said, there are some issues with it syncing with the MFP site. I just stopped syncing mine and just use whatever it says for now, but yes when the fix is done, it will be nice.

Its been great seeing just how much higher my TDEE actually is. I feel a bit more confident in my numbers now that I see it on a daily basis. ANd it does make me want to move a bit more on my sedentary days
  • kmmealey
    kmmealey Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    LOVE the FitBit. Had it since July 2012. There have certainly been a few technical bumps-in-the-road along the way but we've found their customer service to be outstanding. My husband rec'd a free replacement after he emailed them about the problem he was having. The Forums on the FitBit website are helpful & I believe someone from FitBit checks them daily.

I wear mine nearly all of the time except when bicycling (it doesn't register correctly.) It has really given me a much better idea of how "active" I am. Linking to MFP is great. DO be careful not to get it wet ( a challenge if you perspire much when exercising!). Heard there is now or will soon be a "waterproof" version available.

Enjoy!