Introduce Yourself!

Options

Replies

• Tatonluv
    Tatonluv Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Tanya :-) I live on the northside.. I feel like I just stood up at a meeting lol :-)
  • EmGetsFit
    EmGetsFit Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone! Nice to meet you. I'm Emily. I'm 33 & I live on the NW side. I've been using MFP for a couple of weeks now & I'm loving it. My goals are to lose 30 lbs of "skinny fat", become more active, reclaim my confidence, & lower my cholesterol. I've been jogging, power-walking, & dancing/doing aerobics for exercise. Feel free to add me if you'd like to be friends. :)
  • Radha824
    Options
    Hello MFPs! My name is Radha and I live in Irving Park. I've been on MFP for about 40 days and I have lost 8lbs. My goal is 65 so I have 57 to go. I'm looking for tips/tricks and things to do in the area that promote fitness. I've always had a challenge with my weight but this is the highest I've ever been and I need to change it!
  • cmadamso
    Options
    Hi All! I'm Carissa...living and loving life in Lincoln Park. I've had my ups and downs with weight loss but to really be at my healthiest weight, I need to lose about 20 lbs( I'm pretty short at 5'2, weighing usually around 165). Being someone who is already pretty active it's been a struggle but I find the motivation from others on here to definitely help! I'll take all the free advice I can get. Feel free to add me if you'd like! :o)
  • kmcguire93
    kmcguire93 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm from northalke/melrose park area (mostly one zip code) ~ I've been with MFP for about a month now, only REALLY started on it the past couple weeks, my company has partnered with MFP to push healthier eating to our customers, so it was an opportunity for me to give it a shot , I would never known about it otherwise ~ I also was given a fitbit ultra to use :) I wish everyone luck on their journeys' :)
  • lisasprice
    lisasprice Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm in the western suburbs. I'm so excited to see you all here!
  • fuzzyponcho
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I started losing at the beginning of this year and so far I've lost about 40lbs! Unfortunately I've been slacking/stalling on my weight loss for the last few months and really need a kick in the butt! I just turned 26 in September and currently live on the Northwest side of the city (Jefferson Park). I would love to give motivation to help others and myself to achieve our weight loss goals!

If anyone wants to friend me, free free!
  • princesst30
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    I'm Tiffany and I although I joined MyFitnessPal 2 years ago, I was not following any sort of plan. In fact, I didn't do anything to lose weight! It wasn't until this August that I decided to do something about this weight. I am a Chicagoan living in Texas but relocating back home next week. I joined this group so I could have an online support system in my city. I need to lose over 100 lbs and I've only lost 11 so far but I am committed to eating healthy and working out. I do better with workouts if I don't skip a day. Because of my size, I cannot jog or run but I can walk. I do old fashioned calisthenics at home and they work just fine for me. :glasses:
  • btwalsh132
    btwalsh132 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Hello - I'm Brian, live in NW suburbs and work in West Loop. Started on MFP about two weeks ago. After carrying around 35 extra pounds for way too long, I'm dedicated to losing it. I find charting my calories has made me more aware of what, and how much, I put in my body. My plan is designed to lose 35 punds in 25 weeks - about 1.5 pounds per week. So when does it actually start to disappear?

Looking for inspiration and motivation. Will reciprocate.
  • btwalsh132
    btwalsh132 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to all.
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    hey all! amanda here. i work in ravenswood and live in logan square.

i've been on here over a year. i did great for the first 6 months then gained a bit. then lost it. then stayed on a plateau for a couple of months. i seem to have lost my motivation to get to the gym and haven't been since the beginning of august. i need to get a move on!
  • emilie_modaff
    emilie_modaff Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm Emilie!

I live in the loop, just trying to stay healthy.
    Add me-I am always in need of motivation! ahha
  • pinkkeith
    Options
    I'm way out in the far west burbs and work in the Loop. Trying to get back in shape after a long absence from hitting the gym. I'm also trying to do more portion control with my meals, which can be really hard if you go out to eat all the time.
  • adavusevad
    adavusevad Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm Dave and I live on the NW side of the city in Irving Park. Looking to meet some new people so that we can motivate each other. I still have 19 pounds to go to reach my goal. My progress has been VERY slow lately! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • dan_IRL
    dan_IRL Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hey whats up Chicagoans! My name is Danny. I've been doing Weight WATCHERS off and on for many years with limited yo yo success.

I have a lot to lose. Instead of counting points I'm going to try out MFP to count calories (and keep better track of nutrients as well).

My wife and I live in Ravenswood and both work downtown.
  • afoz1990
    afoz1990 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, my names Ashley!
    Glad to have a group of people who know some of the finest food, best sports teams and all around best city is!
    I grew up in Aurora currently attending school in DeKalb, I'm on here to lose some of the college chub I gained and keep it off!!
    Currently doing Insanity to help burn some cals not sure what I will do next but loving every minute of being active again!
  • jennybear4041
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm Jenn -- I live in Oak Park with my husband and work downtown. In the last 6 months, I've lost about 30lbs but have hit a bit of a rut and my bff told me about MFP. I've only been using it a few days and I really like it so far.

I was semi-recently diagnosed with a condition that makes my body not process some foods (carbs!) "correctly" so food-wise, I'm really working on being better about that. On one hand, I'm glad I'm not crazy and that there really was a reason why I was gaining weight/not losing weight but on the other hand, I did get into a cycle of saying forget it, if I can't lose weight, I'll eat whatever I want. So yeah -- little bit of an extra hurdle to deal with, but I'm up for the challenge!

It would be great to get updates on those of you who introduced yourselves months ago! Hope you are all doing well. Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • allstarlolo
    Options
    Hey everyone! I lived in the city for seven years, and just made the jump to evanston. I have about 65 lbs to lose, which feels like a tremendous hurdle at this point since I am just starting out. I hope with everyone's encouragement I stick with this!
  • samanthasmith321
    Options
    HI! I'm Sam! I live in wilmette and am pretty much a food addict! I want to lose weight to feel happier, healthier, and more confident!
  • healthymein2013
    healthymein2013 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! My name is Melisa and I live in Oak Lawn and work in the loop. I have about 50-60 lbs to lose to feel better about myself. I'm always looking for people in my area that would like to walk with me. Please add me!