Are we doing 30 days non stop or breaks?

Options
cwade1021
cwade1021 Posts: 95 Member
Wondering how we are doing this? All 30 days or are we doing rest days...? Thoughts?

Replies

• awilmeri
    awilmeri Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I believe Jillian says to have a rest day. For me personally I'm doing 30DS five days a week plus my 3 days a week of cardio. Personal preference I guess!
  • melliebelly77
    Options
    I'm doing it without breaks, and doing my 10K steps at least 5 days a week.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I had a break - I was so sore from yesterday that I found it hard to bend down :blushing:

I do go for a walk. So at this stage I'm going to go for every other day.
  • kathykt160
    kathykt160 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I took a rest yesterday whih was my day 7.........no I am not starting back at day 1, I may increse the days to 31 day shred... ;))
  • fitnewlife
    fitnewlife Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 5 days a week. So I figured that would give me 25 days in October and my last week would end in November. I don't want to over do it since I also run 3-4 times a week with a total of at least 20 miles.
  • amber_arend
    Options
    I will be doing it M-F. I take the weekends off. My body needs the rest!
  • stephaniec78
    stephaniec78 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Not sure yet. It will depend on how I feel since I have never done anything like this before.
  • kmuree
    kmuree Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I go every day. It gives the best results (for my preference)! :flowerforyou:
  • apachebat
    apachebat Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I plan to go Mon thru Sat and then rest on Sun.
  • Katrina_88
    Katrina_88 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I plan on doing the 30ds 6 days a week, taking Saturday off. I also do Jillian Michaels Last Chance Workout which is 40 minutes 6 days a weeks along with at least a mile walk/jog a day. I suggest trying to push yourself to at least 5 days a week 6 if you can, to get the best results :) Best Of Luck To Everyone!!
  • lossing4good
    Options
    I'm going to try for everyday.
  • ali0908
    Options
    With my DVD purchase of the shred I received an offer to try Jillian Michaels' website. When I signed up it said to take two rest days per week.
  • awilmeri
    awilmeri Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    With my DVD purchase of the shred I received an offer to try Jillian Michaels' website. When I signed up it said to take two rest days per week.

Thanks for this info!
  • plhv19
    plhv19 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to go straight through, unless my body really fights me. I think if you're doing other significant workouts, then yes, take rest days for sure.
  • caramellips06
    caramellips06 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    im doing 10 days then rest in between levels changes
  • ElphieTMoLM
    ElphieTMoLM Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Sundays are my crazy day between picking my hubby up from the airport , church and homework. It's my rest day. I'm going to be doing 30DS 5 or 6 days a week plus extra cardio. It's important to have a rest day every now and then to let the muscles rest so they can build up.
  • telizad
    telizad Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm taking a rest day just because I'm doing C25K plus lots of elliptical during the week. I've noticed I need to increase my calories because of the exercise regime. On my rest day, I plan to go swimming or talk a leisure walk around lakes.
  • Scottish_charlene_84
    Options
    I usually have a sat of but im going for 30 days straight with this one. really wanna see wot my body is capable of doing
  • slshaw23
    slshaw23 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Im doing 6 days a week rest day sunday as well as my cardio
  • HarlowS
    HarlowS Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I have also heard that JM recommends a rest day each week. I am not sure what I am going to do since I would prefer not to. I really want to be done with this by the 30th so I can rest a few days before my 5K Nov. 3rd. I think no matter what we do (granted it is only one break:bigsmile: a week) we will see results! That is the most exciting!