Not losing weight then sudden weight loss.

Options
Day 1 of IF. I was 163lbs, 5'8" with a 18-23%bf. I am on a lean gains IF with a +10/-20-30% of my tdee on workout and rest days respectfully. For about 3 weeks I had neither lost nor gain weight, however had good fat lost. Then during the last 3-5 days I lost 3-4lbs. I understand some if not all of it can be water weight loss. Can anyone enlighten me as to why it happened?
Currently day 23 159lbs @15% (current is of day 6)
Also has anyone tried a caloric deficit on both workout and rest days while doing HIT?

Replies

• AKbluedragonfly
    AKbluedragonfly Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hmm..not sure about the sudden weight loss if you've kept your routine the same. I know my weight will jump up or down depending on my salt intake.
    Personally I prefer to do HIIT on my fast days. I just feel like it uses up the stores quicker and I haven't noticed any negatives to it besides it's a little more challenging.
  • edwardhson
    Options
    Hmm maybe its due to my sodium intake, like you said. I try to keep my food on the bland side and end up eating pickles and pickled jalapenos to make up for the taste. I just got checked on bf% and lost a lb and a half of bf. So I'm guessing its a mixture of fat/water weight. I fast every day and bumped my hours up to a 19/5 and work out 3-4 days a week.