Tracking Your BR Calories (w/o a heart rate monitor)

miamoe15
miamoe15 Posts: 28 Member
Hey girls (and guys? Do we have any guys doing the challenge?!)

So I know a lot of you have been tracking your exercises one of two ways: as "Circuit training, general" or with a heart rate monitor. And while I appreciate the fact that the heart rate monitor will probably remain the most accurate way of tracking calories, with my move and travel this month it just isn't in my budget at the moment.

HOWEVER, I just discovered on Jillian Michaels' app (if you have an iPhone definitely download it-- not sure if its available on Androids), if you put in your weight and height, etc in it, you can document your workouts with the dvds, since they are listed in there. It might be just a tad bit more specific than just circuit training, general. I am going to go and do an overhaul of my exercises this week so if you're wondering what the heck I'm doing-- that's why. Plus it's a better way to see at a glance just what DVDs you did. It may be extra work to some but just thought I would share the knowledge if case anyone would find it helpful! :)

Have a great day and keep up the hard work!!

Mariah

Replies

• miamoe15
    miamoe15 Posts: 28 Member
    I should clarify, it's the Jillian Michaels Slim Down app (not sure if there are others that might get confused with) also it's free! :)
  • spaceEF
    spaceEF Posts: 142 Member
    I should clarify, it's the Jillian Michaels Slim Down app (not sure if there are others that might get confused with) also it's free! :)

Cool! I'll have to check that out!
  • That sounds awesome! I checked but there is currently not an app for Android. Hopefully there will be one soon.
  • spaceEF
    spaceEF Posts: 142 Member
    That is neat. Thanks for posting it! I even plugged one in for my husband since he likes the 6 week 6 pack video lol He knocks out 363 with that?! are you kidding me?!?! LOL
  • Findleyn
    Findleyn Posts: 19 Member
    I downloaded the app for my iPod. It works great. Thanks for sharing.
  • ktno1
    ktno1 Posts: 297 Member
    Thanks for this, I'll check it out!