Like Minded Lushes -Octoberr 2012

Options

Replies

• SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    congrats zip!
    and awww....don't make fun of cubs fans. they are die hards..gotta love em. us padres fans are almost as pitiful. :wink:
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Yea us cub fans can take it...we are used to it. My uncle keeps wanting us to come visit in Coronado and my husband said we will only go when the cubs are there so we can see a game vs the padres. I guess he went to the stadium once before we met and loved it.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    omg chloe..you MUST come to petco..it's a beautiful park. We will join you. My husband is from Chicago and we love to go to Padres/Cubs games.

Ok...well I adopted a new baby.
    Her name is Bella (not from those vampire movies)..my other cat's name is Bonita..both are spanish names for Pretty/beautiful
    bella.jpg
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Yes, the Cub fans are die hards. I have to admit Wrigleyville is a great place to hang out, great vibe. So, many different bars and so little time.

That would be very cool if you all went to a game together...now, I want to go...I could wear a padre's hat

Sun - Thurs, all zeros and I cannot wait for my wine night & pasta.
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,161 Member
    Options
    omg chloe..you MUST come to petco..it's a beautiful park. We will join you. My husband is from Chicago and we love to go to Padres/Cubs games.

Her name is Bella (not from those vampire movies)..my other cat's name is Bonita..both are spanish names for Pretty/beautiful
    bella.jpg

Awww, Sid...she's adorable :heart: :heart:
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options

bella.jpg

SO cute!! I love Bella the name, definitely a possibility for our first girl but Isabella as that was my grandmother's name on my fathers side. I never got to meet her but I've been told she was an amazing woman unlike the rest of that family and I love the name.
  • ChLoE1130
    Options
    Bella is my pup's name :happy: cute kitty!!

Oh boy could you imagine all the lushes at a ball game together....haha! That would be awesome! And Wrigleyville is great. I might be partial, but Chicago is the best city ever, I just love it.

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0
    Thursday- about a half bottle of wine and a vodka and diet tonic
    Friday- will be zero
    Saturday- thinking some vodka tonics....we are having people over for dinner
    Sunday- who knows...maybe some beers during football
  • DoxieMama70
    DoxieMama70 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Adorable little kitty!

Entering day 5 of Sober October and having the opposite sleep problem, I can't seem to get enough. I figured I would have a really hard time because I hit it HARD at the end of September (1 to 2 bottles of wine a night) but it hasn't been bad. I have had the sugar cravings as well, and been giving in to a few foods I wouldn't normally eat, but I figure I'm still taking in fewer calories without my wine. I do miss it...

Hope everyone is having a great month!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Don't have time to catch up with everyone so I hope you are all splendid!

Here is this week's count:

Sunday-0
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-2 pumpkin beers
    Wednesday-3 5 oz glasses wine (which I consider more like 2....) and 1 pumpkin beer
    Thursday - dirty martini and half a bottle of pinot noir

Friday I will try to take it easy as tomorrow is all day tailgate. Happy Friday!
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I'm happy I finally got aunt flo and that she won't be bad for the wedding BUT I did not need her to bring along cousin break out :grumble: Oh well, it's coverable and I still have 2 days so I should be god :smile:

Tonight is our rehearsal dinner followed by our joint bachelor/bachelorette party so that should be fun :drinker: Right now I'm just cleaning up the house and then once the fiancé gets home we'll be going to get our marriage license.

Happy Friday all :flowerforyou:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    cute kitty Syd.
    Happy rehearsal and bachelorette party Kat.
    Kim hope the wine and pasta was good.
    Great job Doxie

Mon-0
    Tue-0
    Wed-0
    Thurs-0

It has been sooo long since I have been able to post that. I was so crabby last night my husband said, "would you please just have a damn drink!" I told him I couldn't and he said okay and that he was proud of me. Then he proceeded to give me a back rub to calm my nerves. He is such a keeper. :bigsmile:
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Lushes! I am back! Hopefully for a while haha. I have been super lazy and living it up. 11.6kg gain whoops.

Today I plan 0.

Friday - 0
    Saturday -0 (helps I'm working tomorrow :p)
  • rjadams
    Options
    Welcome home Faith!!!
  • rjadams
    Options
    so here i sit drinking my warm. MMMMMmmmmmm cool clean water. Its the best liquid around. mmmmmmm water. :noway:

Nope the pshyc is not working. It's Friday and I may cave. I will hold out as long as I can but this may just become a Soberer October for me not a Sober October. Still I have done well and I can do it again next week. That is if I actually give in. I haven't yet.
    :blushing:
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Robin, keep up the good work, you are doing so well.

I have just started on my 3rd glass of wine, it's the first time in ages I've actually been pleasantly tipsy and not just felt tired and icky almost straight away after drinking, thank god I can still drink :love: :drinker: ......until next month
  • KriscoOil
    KriscoOil Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    okay...I am back! Been in and out of lushiness over the last few months...been a trying summer. Separated from hubs and moved on. Good news, lost some weight, but not sure how much cause I left the scale behind. Quit eating and buzzed through the summer. Getting back on track!

Enjoyed catching up on all the posts...Kat - Can't believe your wedding is here!! Enjoy
    Robin - stay strong with those 0s!

Monday 0
    Tues 3 glasses on wine
    Wed 0
    thurs 2 beers, 2 glasses of wine
    friday 3-4 glasses of wine - really want to finish the bottle!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Holy Mother load of lushy posts and unlushy ones too!! I'm not even gone for a day and look what happens. I NEED to get caught up.

Lushy tonight and pasta!!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Welcome back Krisco! And all the best to your new start.

I'm moderated pretty well this week. Keeping busy with the baby kitty.
  • ChLoE1130
    Options
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0
    Thursday- one vodka and diet tonic and a half bottle of wine
    Friday-0
    Saturday- not sure get....kinda in the mood for some tangueray and diet tonics
    Sunday-probably some beers for the Bears game

I really wanted to keep it down to 2 days of drinking this week. I can say I will try for zeros tomorrow, but I know it wont happen. So I dont want to set myself up for failure :drinker:
  • rjadams
    Options
    Welcome home Krisco. It will all work out. Good for you. we have to do what's best for us in our lives.

I DIDN'T CAVE!!!!!! I cannot tell you the last time I had a 0 on a Friday.

Mon-0
    Tues-0
    Wed-0
    Thurs-0
    Fri-0

I did make a blackberry bread pudding (needed to use up the blackberries)with a blackberry calvados sauce but I only used about a teaspoon of calvados and it was cooked so I don't think that counts. (side note the Calvados was from my trip to the north of France in 2002. There was about a tablespoon left in the bottom of the bottle. Well aged but awesome in the sauce.)