Three meals?

Options
Desmonema
Desmonema Posts: 175 Member
Hey guys,
I need your advice... I know that 'the rules' say you have to have three meals a day and I usually manage that during the work week easily: workout, breakfast, to work, lunch, more work and home then dinner. That's fine... But the weekends are somehow not so easy to do.... I got up, had my breakfast and after about 2 hours did first strength workout, after that I left for the gym to do some lower-level cardio for 80 mins but by the time I was there and finally done and out of there again, it was late afternoon!! So I had my 'lunch' that I brought with me there (chicken with mushrooms,spinach and sweet potato). OK, I'm feeling fine and satisfied now... but this was only meal number 2 today. I don't feel like eating again at 8 or even at 9 pm as I usually go to bed at 10. Do you think it is OK then not to have the last meal of the day? They say you should stop eating a few hours before bed... and I would be fine just drinking tea tonight.
Your opinions?

Replies

• Merci444
    Merci444 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I think you will be fine. I say eat if you are hungry. Maybe you will feel like having a small handful of nuts or something.
  • Desmonema
    Desmonema Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Yep, that's kind of what I did. And I had some steamed Mackerel with my meal before, so it could last longer. Worked perfectly!
  • sburde2
    sburde2 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I only had breakfast, and lunch. Went out with friends for lunch to watch college football. Had a blue cheese burger with no bun and sweet potatoe fries. Was not hungry at all that night.
  • LizaArg
    LizaArg Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I think it's ok to eat when you're hungry. As long as you don't go way under your calories for days in a row it should be ok. I tend to be less hungry when I eat this way, the protein and fats really satiate me.