ED after WLS?

Options
I had Gastric Bypass 7 years ago. 6 months post op I started Binge/Purging. 7 yrs later I still suffer with it getting worse daily.

Am I the only one who has experienced Eating Disorder after WLS?

Replies

• HealthyDeb
    HealthyDeb Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I doubt that you are the only one who has experienced this. I am so sorry to hear about your suffering and I've not experienced it. Please talk to your doctor sweetie and get the support you deserve.

I do know that the surgery didn't cure my "head hunger" for sweets and that I've been battling for awhile. We are all in this together so thanks for posting & I hope someone on MFP who has been through your pain replies to you.

Hugs,
    Deb
  • lisa2job
    Options
    I totally agree with Healthy Debbi , having weight loss surgery only helps us eat smaller portions at a time its a tool and it does not cure eating disorders. I would call my doc and set up an appointment to speak with someone. if you are not comfortable with that join a support group.... we all have eating issues of some kind otherwise our weight would not have gotten out of control as it did.
  • TriciaAllen7251
    TriciaAllen7251 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I have said it before, It's amazing that our relationship with food can be more dysfunctional than our personal relationships. I agree with the others, the head issues are sometimes more difficult to deal with than our stomach issues. I personally see a therapist every couple of weeks. I don't think I could do this without the therapy.
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I hope you are getting the help you need. Your life is in danger. And no, you are not alone. Personally I have not experienced an eating disorder or any issues with food post-op (4 years now), but I seem to be one of the fortunate ones.