Day 7

Options
dncyng
dncyng Posts: 53 Member
Doing the bike today. Sunday is usually a day of rest, but that doesn't mean you can take today off. NO! You want to get off your butt. Just think it's much "shapely-er" than when you started seven days ago! Give yourself a pat on the back for getting through seven days of working out and moving up in your fitness goals. WE CAN DO IT!!!

Replies

• Joy1611
    Joy1611 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I started out the day with an hour outside watering my friend's garden and plants. I just finished doing 15 minutes of my Rockin Body DVD.
  • gnmarshat
    gnmarshat Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Today is Thanksgiving for us! I put the turkey in and then strapped my one year old in her stroller and took the dog for an hour power walk... Probably shouldnt have bothered to do my hair first lol!

Seeing as October has 31 days shouldnt we do 31x31 lol or is halloween our day of rest and time to gourge on candy? Please say its ok to gourge on candy :-)
  • dncyng
    dncyng Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving!:drinker: :flowerforyou: Congrats on getting out there for a walk and doing your dvd. :happy: I did something totally unexpected. I feel so badass right now!:glasses: I did an obstacle course! it's called monkeytrunks...and wow. They have zip lines and things you have to walk or climb across. it was crazy! If you have something like this in your area, you should totally do it! It's soo fun!

Gorging on Candy? I mean if you must, you must. (reese's pb cups are a weakness of mine too.) but the goal here is to get fit and stay fit. If the mindset is..."If I do this much exercise I can reward myself with x amount of candy or food." that's not what its all about.

Candy (or food) should be an extremely pleasurable experience. :love: I think part of it is thinking and living "mindfully". No I'm not going into a shpeel of mumbo-jumbo. But think about this for a moment: You have a piece of chocolate (or your other favorite food.) take it out of the package. Smell it. take in the aroma. you'll feel your mouth start to water. put it in your mouth and sit on your tongue. Close your eyes and let it rest on your tongue for a few moments while you taste the rich sweetness and the texture. Chew it up slowly or just suck on it. Focus on all the sensations that the chocolate (or food) is giving you. Eat your chocolate or food until you feel satisfied.. Give into your cravings on a regular basis. If you satisfy your cravings you will eat it more often, but in smaller amounts.

if you don't satisfy your cravings (in small amounts) then you will crave a larger amount when you do have it and you will binge on it. that's the start of a cycle of bad behavior that will lead to the gaining of weight.
  • gnmarshat
    gnmarshat Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Lol! I promise I wont gourge on candy! I'm working too hard and have too many goals to achieve to throw it away on candy:-). Although I do hate that there will be a hoard of it in my house on the 31. ..looking at me! I did however keep my thanksgiving dinner healthy and still tasty!
    I dont think we have any zip line places like that here, it does sound like fun, and exhausting!