Like Minded Lushes -Octoberr 2012

Options

Replies

• Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Welcome back faith and kris!!

So all the guys are golfing today and so far I've gotten all the bridesmaids gifts put together, wrote a thank you note to all of them as well as Kyle's parents and one for him. I think I'll see if someone will be able to run his gift with the note over to the manor while we all get ready =] I also gave the two little ones the baths they needed in order to be able to go to the manor, think I'll get Eve's done next so I don't have to worry about it. I also packed my wedding bag so I'm in good shape. Haven't started drinking yet haha I'll probably pop open some wine after I give Eve her bath. It is an absolutely gorgeous day here today, the couple getting married today are one lucky couple. It's supposed to be cold and rainy tomorrow but I will not let the weather put in a sour mood on my wedding day. Ok, I'm off to give Eve her bath and then I can just relax the rest of the day and look forward to tomorrow :smile: :heart:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Last night was slightly lushy...didn't get snockered, just tired.

Tonight, I am not sure...but, a cold, cold Octoberfest Sam Adams is sounding good.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I DIDN'T CAVE!!!!!! I cannot tell you the last time I had a 0 on a Friday.

Robin, way to rack up those zeros...
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Well done Robin :)

Fri - 0
    Sat - 0
    Sun - 0 yay!

Going to try and stay booze free until Saturday night.
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Sat - 6 beers
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Happy wedding day Kat!!!

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0
    Thursday- half bottle of red
    Friday-0
    Saturday- about 3 vodka and diet tonic, small glass of merlot (had to finish off a bottle) and 3 amstel lites

Today not sure, this is the first Sunday in awhile I havent felt hungover, so that is great! Going to get a workout in and walk the dog. And then do a little shopping and then do something for the football game. So maybe some beers and chili at a friends house.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Happy wedding kat!

Robin, we may need to revoke your momma lush title if you keep this up! :wink: you're doing amazing.

I had some red wine...it finally cooled off here and felt like fall so I was craving it. Half a bottle still left which I will have tonight probably.
    Good Sunday night TV viewing so I may have a cocktail with the husband during Homeland (or the Chargers or Lakers game) gotta get some exercise in 1st.
    Enjoy your Sunday lushes!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Happy wedding day to the almost Mrs. LaBarre!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Hang on to your hats lushes.

Sat- 0
    Yep I have made it thru Friday and Saturday without caving. after today it will be a full 7 zeros. So even if I do cave before the end of the month I can be proud that I made it a full on week!!
  • DoxieMama70
    DoxieMama70 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Week 1 of Sober October is almost done! I can't believe I've made it a whole week, could not begin to tell you the last time I made it a whole week.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
  • KriscoOil
    KriscoOil Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Great Job Robin and Doxie!

Congrats to Kat!

Saturday 4 mich ultras, 1 glass moscato
    Sunday 0
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Great job Robin! Congrats Kat! I hope the wedding was lovely. Can't wait to see pics.

My week:
    Sunday-0
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-2 pumpkin beers
    Wednesday-3 5 oz glasses wine (which I consider more like 2....) and 1 pumpkin beer
    Thursday - dirty martini and half a bottle of pinot noir
    Friday - 2 beers at the art fair, 1/2 bottle of pinot at dinner, 1/2 bottle red in the hot tub after dinner
    Saturday - 1ish bottle of champagne, 1/3 pint vodka, 2 pumpkin beers at the football game

Friday I got drunker than I intended, but Saturday although I was feeling good, I quit drinking once we got home around 7:30. Now I have come down with some sort of sickness which makes me want to drink tea and not booze, so hopefully this week will be good. Have a great week lushes!
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Sun - 6 beers
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Zeros until Saturday! Actually this week I am going to go for 6 zeros. Ambitious I know, but that is my goal.

Last week....

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0
    Thursday- half bottle of wine and a vodka and diet tonic
    Friday-0
    Saturday- about 3 vodka and diet tonic and 3 amstel lites
    Sunday- 5 miller lite drafts and about a bottle of wine....over the course of the day
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Woo go Robin!

Congrats Kat :)

Another 0 day.
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Thanks all :smile: The wedding was everything and more than I expected. So many people came up to Kyle and me and said it was one of the best if not the best weddings they've ever been to which was amazing to hear. Today's a little rough haha. I was good throughout the wedding and then the bar tender said they were going to do a soft close and we somehow ended the night with absinth and champagne ... that was the end of me and most everyone else haha. Now we have to go drop off the pups :frown: pack for our honeymoon before the honeymoon and head out tomorrow morning bright and early.
  • DoxieMama70
    DoxieMama70 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, Kat!

Sober October has hit a bump in the road...it may become "Mostly Sober October"...

Rather stressful day, and frankly, I just really want some wine. Back on track tomorrow.
  • KriscoOil
    KriscoOil Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Hang in there Doxie!

Bought wine tonight...just feelin' it, but gonna try to refrain til the weekend.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, Kat!

Sober October has hit a bump in the road...it may become "Mostly Sober October"...

Rather stressful day, and frankly, I just really want some wine. Back on track tomorrow.

I am right there with you.

I think I am retaining weight because of not destressing with my wine. I typically walk about 10000 steps aday at work today I worked an 1 hour over time and I only walked 4500 steps . that tells me that I never got up from my desk all day. 'nuff said.

I made it a whole week and that hasn't happened in forever and I am now convinced that I can do that when I need to.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Doxie and Robin...you are doing great! You know that you can do it now...so you should be proud. Hope your day is better today.

I, on the other hand haven't gone more than a few days sans alcohol. Had 1 large glass of red wine last night.

Oh, and Homeland is an awesome show. :glasses:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Doxie & Robin, nice job...yes, you know you can do it. Keep up the fab work.

Monday, 2 - 16 oz beers, it was my Friday
    Tuesday, 0

Goal: < 12

I picked up shifts for the weekend so I should be fairly well behaved.