Results from C25K

Options
Hey everyone!
I started the couch to 5K almost three weeks ago and today is W3D1 for me. I'm just curious about the results. I haven't really noticed any changes yet, besides my endurance is a little better. I want to know, from those who have completed the C25K, what the results are usually, and if I should stick to this plan or switch it up.
Thanks!

Replies

• PaleoRDH
    PaleoRDH Posts: 266
    Options
    well if you've only been doing it 2 weeks (this being the beginning of your 3rd) and you notice better endurance, then there has been a change :-) Give it time you'll be getting into longer runs soon. If you don't like the program, then switch it up and do something else, that decision is yours. :wink:
  • ashvictorino
    Options
    Thanks! I started working out a month before I started this, so the workouts are a little easier than would be otherwise. I know it is a gradual process, but I want to know what the results are at the very end of this plan. Have you completed the C25K? If so, how much did it contribute to your weight loss goal versus other plans?
  • mgnmsn
    mgnmsn Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Running is how I have lose the most weight. The first two months (or so) on here I lost like a pound a week or less doing Taebo and just walking. I started running and I have lost at least 1.5 pounds a week while eating more. I have complete the c25k and I will run my first race this Saturday.. It really does work! I do not run 10 minute miles, but I can run a whole 5k now! Stick to it and you will see results!
  • ashvictorino
    Options
    Running is how I have lose the most weight. The first two months (or so) on here I lost like a pound a week or less doing Taebo and just walking. I started running and I have lost at least 1.5 pounds a week while eating more. I have complete the c25k and I will run my first race this Saturday.. It really does work! I do not run 10 minute miles, but I can run a whole 5k now! Stick to it and you will see results!

Thank you! I really appreciate the feedback! Congrats on finishing the c25k, and good luck Saturday!
  • flabulous4
    flabulous4 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Depends what results you're looking for!
    If you're just focused on losing weight, running has a great cardio burn.
    If you want to tone up, running will help with that too.
    If you want to become a runner...yup, C25K will get you started.
    I did the programme last summer (didn't run at all before that) and just kept going...did my first half marathon last month. I'm a size 10 (US size 6), I eat what I like, and I don't exercise apart from running 3-4 times a week. Those are the results I wanted!
  • katrinas626
    Options
    I just finished and am down 10lbs. Not as much as I would've liked BUT clothes are fitting that before I started c25k were collecting dust in the closet. Last weekend I did my first 5k in 35 minutes, my training runs were at 38 and 40 minutes so I was excited for my time. I started the program with the goal of being able to run the final stretch of a half marathon with my sister to cheer her on and still being able to breathe. Last Sunday I did that and it felt great!
  • mayberry310
    mayberry310 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you mean by "results". I'm still a short chubby little thing and therefore am not a fast runner. I graduated the C25K and my best time so far is only 38:17 for a 5k. But I'm cool with it, the fact that *I* can run for 3.11 miles is my great result because I've always wanted to become a runner.

Hang in there and keep at it. Mostly the results are from what you make of it. I still have to play a mental game with myself on each and every run. It's getting easier, but that nagging voice is still there at times. Now I just shut her up by proving that I am a runner and keep on keeping on down the road.:happy:
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    are you talking about weight results? Or fitness results?
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    It had a weird byproduct--the foods that I started craving were healthier than what I had been eating, which led to better running, which is leading to leaner me. And it is the most direct battle ground to fight that "quit" voice in your head. I'm on round 573, and still get punched out by the voice, and (hopefully--just lost a round) still get back up.
  • tlc36
    tlc36 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    It took me about 8 weeks to really see the difference, but I am at week 10 now and have so much muscle in my legs. I did my first 5k Saturday and it was awesome! Keep it up!!