Planning another 0 today.

Feeling great to be back! :)
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Sunday - 0
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 22oz Oktoberfest, 1/2 bottle pinot noir

We found out that one of our favorite walk to restaurants has half price bottles of wine and $1 off 22oz beers on Tuesdays. Now we have restaurants within walking distance from our house where we can get a half price bottles of wine Monday - Thursday. It's my neighborhood's fault I drink on week nights! :smile: I have a late meeting tonight so probably 0's. Thursday friends are coming over. I hope to make it not a super lushy night as I have plans to run with a friend Friday morning.

How are the Sober Octoberers doing?
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Faith, those are a lot of 0s! Well done.

I had white wine last night. Still moderating...probably some red wine tonite with dinner since I plan to get in some good exercise again.

Hope all the lushes are well. :drinker:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I have discovered that my marriage is much better when I have a drink or two. I am not grumpy and I don't snap my husbands head off. Two days of drinking and 4 pounds of water stress disapated. I was back down this morning to where I should be. I think that stress and sugar are far worse for me than my alcohol. It was a good experiment and I will now try moderation. Did okay last night only ahd a couple of vodka rocks all evening.

Every body is different and I feel better with a drink or two. Maybe that is a sad commentary on my life but at least I am a happy lush!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    I have discovered that my marriage is much better when I have a drink or two. I am not grumpy and I don't snap my husbands head off.

This made me laugh :laugh: I agree Robin. As long as I moderate I'm a better wife but if I drink *too* much I get pissy. It's a fine balance :wink:
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Hey all!!!!
    Lushiness has not subsided, mass quantities of wine nightly. Since I'v been layed up I haven't had much of an appetite....probably cause I haven't moved much :laugh: ....so I have been using my calories for booze! Boo Katie, I know :blushing:
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    And Robin...I am a MUCH happier wife with some wine!!!!
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Whatever works Robin! :heart:
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I have discovered that my marriage is much better when I have a drink or two. I am not grumpy and I don't snap my husbands head off.

This made me laugh :laugh: I agree Robin. As long as I moderate I'm a better wife but if I drink *too* much I get pissy. It's a fine balance :wink:

This is soooo true - unfortunately for me I never know where that balance is - that fine line between nicely buzzed and incredibly pissy, until I've crossed the damn line! :huh:
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Totally agree that I am a better wife with cocktails in me....unless I go overboard and then I turn into a total b****!

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0

Still planning for zeros until Saturday. Going to try to keep it minimal on Saturday and back to zeros on Sunday also. I need to make up for last weeks lushiness.
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I've been a total lush this week, wine every night. It's been rather nice to indulge, it's definitely a nice stress relief, but I wouldn't like to drink this much every week, I'm find it harder to go a night alcohol free. I'm still heading for alcohol free november though, that way in my twisted little mind I can justify a super lushy december/new year!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    congrats, Kat! I want to see pics!
    After a couple of lush weeks I am trying to get it under control and get into a mermaid costume in two weeks so trying to limit drinking two glasses two days per week.
    Wed=0 drinks
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Kat, huge congratulations! I am mostly a lurker here but remember when you got engaged. Best wishes to you and your HUSBAND:flowerforyou:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Monday, 2 beers
    Tuesday, long story, 7'ish
    Wednesday, 2 margs and 1 glass of wine

Dang and the weekend is not even here yet...can you say relapse?
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Heh Kim. We've all been there.

I had another glass of wine tonight. Just one. I've slept and exercised well all week so I'm pretty pleased.
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Thu - 3 beers
    Team loss
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Thursday=1/2 bottle of red. half bottle is two glasses, right? maybe 2.5?
    tonight I was going to try no drinking, just going to a movie...
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0
    Thursday-0

The plan was a zero for tonight, but now my husband is getting off early, so we may go out :drinker: Tomorrow we are going out for a friends 30th bday, so drinks of course. Sunday back to zero. Plan on doing some major food prep for the week on Sunday to get myself back on track. I have been slacking and I think its cause of boring food options.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I am so glad it is friday. 'Nuff said.

bacardio.jpg
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Just realised I forgot to chill the bottle of wine I'd been looking forward to all day....in the words of my daughter...epic fail.