Run, Walk or Crawl 10/07-10/13

Options
reese66
reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
"I'm very determined and stubborn. There's a desire in me that makes me want to do more and more, and to do it right. Each one of us has a fire in our heart for something. It's our goal in life to find it and to keep it." -Mary Lou Retton

"Leaders aren't born, they are made. And they are made just like anything else, through hard work. And that's the price we'll have to pay to achieve that goal, or any goal." - Vince Lombardi

15 miles starting Sunday and ending Saturday... Yep that easy and you know you can do it! Just log your daily miles, the total miles for the week and encourage your fellow challengers to make their goals, yep it's that easy.

"Run when you can. Walk when you must. Crawl if you have to. Just never give up." Dean Karnazes, the Ultramarathon Man

For the folks returning you know that the 15 miles is not the main goal. The main goal is just to get up and get moving, if you don't meet it that's fine and you surpass it, well that just freaking rocks.

For new comers the preferred method of posting miles would be:

Sunday-miles-what you did Monday-miles-what you did Tuesday-miles-what you did So on and so forth, posted daily or when the miles occur...

Total- Running total for the week thus far

As always this is not set in stone, if you post every other day or whatever fits into your schedule, but please try to stay close to the above format.

For those folks that don't do miles:
http://www.digitaldutch.com/unitconverter/
for conversion to be made easy (Thanks Nonafit)

Now let's get moving folks :)

"You can't put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get." -Michael Phelps

Replies

• eudaimonia_sf
    eudaimonia_sf Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    sun: 6.5M - longest run since i started running again in july.

i haven't had time to check in here during the week, but i am glad to see everyone is doing so well!
  • Suz_w8loss
    Suz_w8loss Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Sunday ~ 13.1 mile run

Total ~13.1 running miles
  • reese66
    Options
    sun: 6.5M - longest run since i started running again in july.

i haven't had time to check in here during the week, but i am glad to see everyone is doing so well!

Nice run there lady!!!
  • reese66
    Options
    Sunday ~ 13.1 mile run

Kicking some butt right from the start, great job!
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Sunday - 3 miles running

Total so far: 3 miles

Finally - first run in 12 days. This cold/flu/whatever really kicked my butt, but I am back!
  • thinktank32k
    Options
    Ok this is not for this week but for last night's 5k race. Excited so I am sharing:

Firefly results. I had a PR with a time of 35:16 (11:22 min mi),(my 5k in Aug was 36:22) and to think we did 10 miles before the race (I might have done even better). I was 84/344 in my division and 581 out of 2255. Not too bad for someone who swore she was going to walk the race, but I got caught up in the hype, the glow sticks, and the overall atmosphere. Looking forward to bigger and better times. Stay tuned......
  • Suz_w8loss
    Suz_w8loss Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Sunday ~ 13.1 mile run

Kicking some butt right from the start, great job!

^^ ha ha thanks reese66 I ran my first half marathon today. I will resume running on Wednesday. Need a couple days of recover :)
  • travelgirl09
    travelgirl09 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Sunday 10/7 = 1 mile walking 3 miles running

It sure felt SO good to run again today! 5 weeks! I think I've finally gotten rid of this cough! :)
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    sunday - 4.35 (run)
    monday - 0
  • wiglet23
    wiglet23 Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Sun: Rest
    Mon: 3.22mi Run
    Tue: __mi Cycling
    Wed: __mi Run
    Thu: __mi Cycling
    Fri: Rest
    Sat: __mi Run

3.22mi ~ Run/Walk/Crawl
    0.00mi ~ Cycling
    3.22mi ~ Total Miles
  • wiglet23
    Options
    Sunday ~ 13.1 mile run

Congrats! On your 1st Half!!! :drinker:
  • wiglet23
    Options
    Sunday 10/7 = 1 mile walking 3 miles running

It sure felt SO good to run again today! 5 weeks! I think I've finally gotten rid of this cough! :)

Wow. 5weeks.. that sux.. .glad you are feeling better!
  • wiglet23
    Options
    Sunday - 3 miles running

Total so far: 3 miles

Finally - first run in 12 days. This cold/flu/whatever really kicked my butt, but I am back!

Nice run... and nice pic too!! Wow.. lots of sickies on here lately. Glad you're better :smile:
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    @travelgirl09, GodBlessOurHome, and Wiglet - GREAT JOB! You are all doing so well!

@Thinktank - congrats on your Firefly race! Great time and more importantly, sounds like a blast!
  • KatrinaG2012
    KatrinaG2012 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I have been missing the mark in this challenge the last few weeks helping my dad finalize some things regarding my mothers estate (she passed away in May). I should be winding up most of dad's stuff this week and the next. Just wanted to let you guys know why I have had more crawling than walking or running the last few weeks. I see the light at the end of the tunnel though so watch for miles to get back up the week after next!

Sunday 0
    Monday 1 walk
    Tuesday 3 run/walk

Total 4
  • thinktank32k
    Options
    Ok this is not for this week but for last night's 5k race. Excited so I am sharing:

Firefly results. I had a PR with a time of 35:16 (11:22 min mi),(my 5k in Aug was 36:22) and to think we did 10 miles before the race (I might have done even better). I was 84/344 in my division and 581 out of 2255. Not too bad for someone who swore she was going to walk the race, but I got caught up in the hype, the glow sticks, and the overall atmosphere. Looking forward to bigger and better times. Stay tuned......

Took sunday and monday as R&R from running.

tuesday: 3.35 milee run
  • thinktank32k
    Options
    I have been missing the mark in this challenge the last few weeks helping my dad finalize some things regarding my mothers estate (she passed away in May). I should be winding up most of dad's stuff this week and the next. Just wanted to let you guys know why I have had more crawling than walking or running the last few weeks. I see the light at the end of the tunnel though so watch for miles to get back up the week after next!

Sunday 0
    Monday 1 walk
    Tuesday 3 run/walk

Total 4

Sorry for your loss. Family firstm and the running, walking and/or crawling will figure itself out, as long as you keep your eye on the end of the tunnel.
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Sunday - 3 miles running
    Tuesday - 5 miles running

Total so far: 8 miles
  • KatrinaG2012
    KatrinaG2012 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Sunday 0
    Monday 1 walk
    Tuesday 3 run/walk