Hows hunting this weekend?

Options
2»

Replies

• PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Well no luck for my boyfriend this weekend.....the wolves came in...so I the deer relocated. Kinda ****ty considering his aunt said there were a ton of deer last week. Figures they were there when he couldn't go!
  • anotheryearolder
    anotheryearolder Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I just got my first elk ever. The hubby and I went to Idaho and I got a 900 pound 6x6 big boy. :bigsmile:

We spend a month on the road (we live in FL) and spent close to 3 weeks camping in Yellowstone and topped it off with a great hunt.

The really great news is that our son and grandson are coming with us to hunt whitetails in Nov. Hopefully the grandson will get his first deer. We're keeping the tradition going. :bigsmile:
  • PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I just got my first elk ever. The hubby and I went to Idaho and I got a 900 pound 6x6 big boy. :bigsmile:

We spend a month on the road (we live in FL) and spent close to 3 weeks camping in Yellowstone and topped it off with a great hunt.

The really great news is that our son and grandson are coming with us to hunt whitetails in Nov. Hopefully the grandson will get his first deer. We're keeping the tradition going. :bigsmile:

Yay!!!! That is amazing!!! I haven't got an Elk yet here. The draws to get a tag are rediculous as Elk hunting just re-opened after many years!!!

Congrats!!!! And I'm also jealous you spend 3 weeks in Yellowstone!

Fingers crossed for your grandson!!

I'm hoping that hubby gets something on the weekend. My brother last weekend had a shot on a mama bear, but chose not to take it she was with her cubs. But he loved sitting there for over an hour watching them interact and watching how protective mamma is over babies!!

I'm glad you are keeping the tradition going! My brother and I started this tradition in our family, and just so happens that I met my hubby at a gun club and he is a hunter so now we all hunt together with friends.

I'm expecting my first baby just a rifle season opens up for deer, so I also am hoping to keep this going with my children and thereafter although we miss rifle this year! LOL
  • RavenhairedWoman
    RavenhairedWoman Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    My dad and I are a part of a deer d-pop program for a county in Virginia. Between the two of us we have already taken down six deer. Another guy in our group got a big buck after taking down his required two antler-less deer to earn a buck. Since my dad and I each have three to our names we are looking forward to knocking down a nice buck if we get the chance. Since the goal for us is to kill deer and stock our freezers we just shoot any deer that gets in range and gives us a good shot. The program is bows only so my dad and I are both using Excalibur crossbows. The funny thing is since the park that we manage is left open you can have people walk right by your stand without ever knowing that you are there. Pretty fun really :). Looking forward to getting back into my stand a week from today. Hoping to knock down another deer or two then if possible.