week 17 of journey...need advice

Options
Hello all. I reset for 15 weeks and am starting my second week of cut. I went from eating 1500 calories to eating 2200 calories for the past 15 weeks. , i recently cut to 2000.

MY question is, on non exercise days, my fitbit tells me that I am burning 1800. So am i overeating by eating 2000 on nonexercise days too? Would the better approach be to eat 1800+exercise calories on day I exercise?

I should also add i went from 145lb to 165lbs in 15 weeks.... clothes and everything is so extrememly ill fitting and tight. advice much appreciated!

Replies

• nothingwithoutHim
    nothingwithoutHim Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm can't really give advice on whether or not you're overeating:ohwell: , but I just wanted to say, good for you! 15 weeks of reset is no small feat! I'm on week 8 and have gone from 145 to 170:sad: ...not sure if I'm doing it wrong but might as well stick it out for another week or two.:huh:

Take courage! I know how you feel!:flowerforyou:
  • wordpainter09
    wordpainter09 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Do what's easier for you. I find a constant number daily easier -I never do "net calories" and such, I set my goal at a constant # per day and go for that.
    Some people hate that and love the base + exercise cals.

There isn't really one "right" answer. The right one is the one you'll stick to.
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is unfortunately normal to gain during the reset. But you have done fantastic, by sticking it out for so long.
    The mental part of it is hard, I know. I have gained quite a bit myself, and even have gained after cutting.
    But now the clothes start to fit better again, even though I am still up scale wise.
    Patience is really important for this journey. You always have to have in mind, that you are doing it to have a healthy life style for the rest of your life. What are a few months of suffering now, compared to being able to eat and feel happy for good.
    Just stay strong.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    MY question is, on non exercise days, my fitbit tells me that I am burning 1800. So am i overeating by eating 2000 on nonexercise days too? Would the better approach be to eat 1800+exercise calories on day I exercise?

I tried it that way initially, making sure I was always netting 1500 which meant on really high exercise days where I burned 1500 cals I was eating 3000 cals but on rest days when my burns were much less I could only eat around 1700 cals. When I added in more strength training I found I was getting really hungry on the rest days, probably as my muscles were recovering and needed just as much fuel as on work out day.

I therefore switched to using my average TDEE, based on fitbit recordings, which worked out as TDEE 2750. At a cut of 15% this meant I could eat 2300 every day which I found much easier as I could eat the same every day.

I recently switched things up again and am now eating at TDEE every day. Obviously on rest days this means I'm eating well over what my burn has been for that day but it's averaged out over the week so I shouldn't gain weight, providing my TDEE calculation is correct. I've only been doing this 10 days so far but certainly haven't noticed any gains so far.

So is short, see what works best for you.
  • believeandtry
    believeandtry Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies! trying not to get frustrated. :)