Day 1 of Level 2

Options
Woo who. Day 11 of the 30DS

Really it wasn't that bad. To me it was the equivalent of day one of level one. Although, I didn't work up much of a sweat, it may have been because I used 3 lb hand weights and modified every exercise. And Uhg... " planks" planks during warm-up, planks during cardio and planks during ab work. The whole thing just didn't flow well, which frustrates me when I'm working out. It's usually the number one reason I stop doing a exercise video. I hoping it was just me learning the now exercise and not the routine. So for now I sticking with it. After all I did lose 2lbs so far...

So what your thoughts on level 2 ?

Replies

• melliebelly77
    Options
    I liked that there were different exercises, as I was getting bored with Level 1, however I agree the planks are a killer!
    I was expecting to be sore after the first day, (yesterday was Day 2 for me) but I wasn't which made me wonder if I had worked out enough or was just getting stronger. I think it is the latter, as I still sweated pretty good and HR was up!
    Hoping to love the planks after a few days, once I get a little stronger. I am happy with my success so far, almost 2 inches off waist and hips, so I need to stick with it.
    Good luck!
  • mrichardson1
    Options
    I HATE PLANKS! lol i know i will be sore tomorrow because i am already feeling it :sad:
  • womanwithamission
    womanwithamission Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Humble pie!!! I was feeling so strong until I started level two. Are you kidding me? Crunches with weights? And the planks!! I'm soaked in sweat! Wore my hrm, and I burned 290 calories. I was grunting, and at some point during the torture I screamed...angry frustrated scream! It was hard. I feel challenged! I hope in nine days, I will have my confidence back!
    Good job ladies for completing your work out. And if I found any joy in today's workout, it was watching Natalie struggle!
    Peace
  • kaybrose730
    kaybrose730 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    missed the workout yesterday because of work & school.. But did my day 2 of level 2 this morning.. Sweat my butt off! I agree that it feels like the first few days of level one. All the shoulder workouts are a killer!!
  • plhv19
    plhv19 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Day 11 done!
    I hate the plank jacks and plank jumps (I think she calls them "thrusts"?). And that last minute of abs makes you want to die. But I think we'll all find this level to be much more effective in starting to reveal results. It's killer. Great job on day 11, all.
  • Scottish_charlene_84
    Options
    Level 2 has just kicked my *kitten*. I really struggled and screamed out on more than one occasion. My hands were so sweaty that i was sliding all over the place that was frustrating me. need to set my living room up a bit better for 2moro coz i had to keep moving for all the big movements and it meant i was missing some and then trying to catch back up.

p.s. I HATE friggin planks!!!!!
  • Scottish_charlene_84
    Options
    68609594294362202_Km9lAKdp_c_zps341e513b.jpg
  • amber_arend
    Options
    Great job ladies! You have officially freaked me out for tomorrow. lol I forgot what level two was like, and now I wish I didn't remember. Can't wait for tomorrow! Just keep shredding, just keep shredding. :D
  • Katrina_88
    Katrina_88 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Woot Woot Day 1 of Level 2 complete!!! :D
  • kgprncss01
    kgprncss01 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    day 11 done! my first day of level 2! i thought it went pretty well. It was nice to change up the routine a little. I was surprised on how much more sweaty i was! planks suck! keep it going ladies!!
  • jessjphillips
    jessjphillips Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    What. A. Killer. oh my goodness girls that was exhausting! Can't wait for the improvement - great work everyone :)
  • telizad
    telizad Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Day 1 of Level 2 completed. The sweat was dripping off me. Have to admit, I was liking some of the plank moves. My shoulders are looking more toned and body is take a good curve not the allover curves...lol.
  • lossing4good
    Options
    GREAT JOB EVERYONE
    ONLY 19 DAYS TO GO

Day eleven done

I did day ten this morning since I missed yesterday.

I really had to talk myself into doing day eleven tonight because I just wanted to sit on the couch and do nothing. But since I've had bad eating days last two days I knew I really needed to. Yesterday I didn't eat hardly anything so today I was in a snacking mood. Didn't eat anything really bad but still not good.

I have to keep motivated this weekend its my long weekend at work. I have to make time for my 30 day shred
  • n6435
    n6435 Posts: 17
    Options
    I skipped yesterday and wanted so bad to give up today. I ate horribly yesterday and today (it was my daughters bday yesterday and I swear the cake kept calling my name...i ate about 4 pieces between both days :-/). But then I read the forum posts and pulled some motivation from them...thanks ladies! I did my day 10 of level one and then day 1 of level 2 right after. Im trying to tell myself it was just because I did back to back workouts that I had to modify everything, but really I think its just hard! I hope it gets easier, because I'm really despising Jillian right now...
  • Hurdisnie1
    Hurdisnie1 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness, I tried to watch the video through and then got anxious to start before the 2 circuit ended, bad idea.. So I broke down and counted how many Jumping jacks ( which I am good at now, feels like elementary school..)ect. in the first 2 circuits I knew what # I needed to hit made the first two circuits very tolerable... then I only did half of each in the last circuit and that last exercise was the pits.. my knees were burning.. and as soon as I crashed it was time for the coooldown... I was grateful.. I am happy I feel stronger ...my insomnia has been cured... I sleep hard after these workouts but overall HAppY.:tongue::happy: . and I tell everyone I can about our 3DS-Group...and that I am not doing this challenge alone..

Thanks Ladies...

Toni
    Central,California
  • Hurdisnie1
    Hurdisnie1 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I sang ... Just keep shredding like.... Dori... love it... keep up the good work..
  • henryandrewmom
    henryandrewmom Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    All those planks were a killer! My abs are feeling it today. And those jump twist things? I looked like an idiot because I couldn't twist the right way with my arms. I was glad to see Natalie struggling too. I loved it when she lowered Jillian's arm during the high knees!
  • amber_arend
    Options
    HOLY COW!!!! Level two is no joke. I finished five minutes ago and I am still pouring sweat. I still need to jump on the elliptical and I am pooped. Ahhhhhhhh Keep it up ladies!
  • shutterbug21
    shutterbug21 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I hate planks! I have yet to have good form because I always end up with sore wrists, although I try. I have a weak core I guess...it's a work in progress, by day 10 I'll get it!
  • apachebat
    apachebat Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Day 11 done and it was pretty brutal. I don't think I had enough energy this morning. I had some cucumber the other night that gave me some serious heartburn so I finished the day not eating enough calories. The heartburn triggered a gall bladder attack. I don't know if anyone else here has had those, but the pain is unbelievable: Stabbing sharp pain in your upper abdomen that lasts for hours and hours and nothing really helps alleviate. (Apple cider vinegar shots actually help a little, but blech!) It finally subsided last night, but I didn't really eat enough yesterday either and it really caught up to me this morning. Finally back on track with my calories today, but a sore throat is threatening. I'm determined to kick its butt and be up to shredding standards in the morning. Only one more day and then a rest for me. Whew!