Stonewalled, devestated, and defeated.

Options
bradthemedic
bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
I've been on EM2WL for 5 months. Today is the first day where I have really considered dropping it for something different. I've seen very little physical change during this time despite working out fairly regularly (sure not as much as I should but I do what I can considering my job and my schedule) but I walk and perform some type of cardio 4+ times per week.

While I definitely am stronger without any shadow of a doubt (I can curl 40s now instead of 17.5s) I look in the mirror and see the exact same person. My hips waist and chest are the same size. My biceps are up 2 inches, all other measurements are the same. I haven't lost a single pound (I was down about 8 but somehow I shot back up 8lbs in the last few weeks with my increased weight lifting) and I have 30lbs of fat to drop off of my frame.

I'm devastated, frustrated, and defeated.

I want to hulk smash everything today. Thanks for listening.

Replies

• Kristan_Forsey
    Kristan_Forsey Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    With the increased weight training you have probably put on some muscle. Also, when you change up your program significantly ( more stregth training in your case) your muscles will retain water as they repair themselves. Once your body becomes more accustomed it will shed the excess water weight. I had this happen when I did 30 Day Shred.
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Have you taken pics? We will usually see the same person when we look in the mirror, because we are looking daily. Having pics from 6 months ago, then today will tell a more complete story.

If you were new to lifting, then it is extremely likely that you've developed muscle at the same rate that you're losing fat, leaving you at the exact same weight.

I posted a couple of links on your wall. Hope they help....

Hang in there. Fat loss does not always happen in the way that we "plan" but be sure that you are using all methods of measuring (bf%, pics, measurements, scale, etc), to be sure of when/if adjustments need to be made ;)

-Kiki
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. You have come such a long way.
  • pinkreena711
    pinkreena711 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    i understand.
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Hey buddy, I gotta admit I'm kinda shocked to see this. You seemed to be doing so well.

The patience part of this is really hard to take sometimes, believe me, I KNOW!

No matter what you decide to do, just promise me this: that you won't go back to "out of control eating" of any kind, OK?

Do what you have to do to "stay in control" for right now (meaning while you feel this way)~ you will NOT be defeated if you can do that!

Good Luck my Friend and stay in touch.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel....exactly.

For almost a year I was at 3-5 pound.s lost, no inches lost. It was frustrating because I was working so hard and in the same time people were losing 75-100 pounds!!!!

Thankfully I had pictures. I never saw any difference in the mirror. Only monthly pictures show that I was doing the right thing
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Another one for the pics...I had to have Kiki put big red arrows on my progression pics to show me the changes because I couldnt see it:).. Considering how much you have been hitting the weights, Id say its no wonder you gained 8 pounds back.. your Biceps went up two frigging inches!! Your like the Hulk now!!:) Thats where your 8 pounds went:)
    Seriously though, I know how frustrating it is, especially when you finally see the scale change and finally seem to be getting somewhere. I think you are just like the rest of us, we hit the wall one day and SMACK!! We shatter into a milion pieces..But somehow tomorrow, we are delicately put back together again and face another day..

You are strong, you are doing wonders for yourself and your body.. You rock..

Take pics:)
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Another one for the pics...I had to have Kiki put big red arrows on my progression pics to show me the changes because I couldnt see it:).. Considering how much you have been hitting the weights, Id say its no wonder you gained 8 pounds back.. your Biceps went up two frigging inches!! Your like the Hulk now!!:) Thats where your 8 pounds went:)
    Seriously though, I know how frustrating it is, especially when you finally see the scale change and finally seem to be getting somewhere. I think you are just like the rest of us, we hit the wall one day and SMACK!! We shatter into a milion pieces..But somehow tomorrow, we are delicately put back together again and face another day..

You are strong, you are doing wonders for yourself and your body.. You rock..

Take pics:)

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: Raynn:heart::heart: :heart: :heart:

YOU rock!!!!
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Saw this today and thought of you... After 90 days, he gained 5 lbs, but decreased bodyfat by 2%. Even when the scale is NOT moving, it doesn't mean that things aren't happening. And he had to go a full 3 months wondering if he was spinning his wheels, I'm sure...

http://getrippedathome.com/motivation/devlin-gains-mass-and-definition-with-p90x2/
  • bradthemedic
    bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Thank you. :)
    It's a battle and a struggle psychologically. I have a long way to go still and I never want to quit losing this fat. I am making this a life-long change.

I'll be taking measurements and photos Monday. I am working on intensely this week and I am loaded with water.