How was your first day?

Options
mastone99
mastone99 Posts: 20 Member
This was my first day. It went okay. I still need to go to the grocery store, so unfortunately I had fast food salads for lunch and dinner. They weren't too bad, though (300-400 calories). I'm going to make that soup in the book so I can eat it on days when I don't feel like cooking anything (plus, it's getting cold here!) One other thing I need to work on - my water intake. I drink a lot of water when it's hot outside, but once its cooler it's like I just quit drinking water altogether!

So.... How was your first day?

Replies

• Salkeela
    Salkeela Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Well I have the book on order..... so I'm in a holding pattern until it arrives! Just chilling out eating to MFP recommendations just now.

You mentioned soup! I love soups, it's one of the best things about the weather getting cooler - more soup! And of course that means the odd roast chicken so I can make my own stock - by far the best.
  • kaciefuller
    Options
    First day was good. I had rotisserie chicken and veggies for lunch and grilled chicken and veggies for dinner. Went to grocery this morning and read yogurt labels. So many have so much sugar. Went with Dannon Light and Fit because they came in a multi pack and only have 7g sugar. Low calorie too. It's going to be a little tricky with family dinners, but it can work. I'm going to miss my red meat and alcohol for 17 days. But if I think about it as only few days past 2 weeks, seems easy. This weekend is my birthday though. Ugh.
  • jaxie26
    Options
    First day was okay - it was thanksgiving here and I got invited out to a friends house. I wanted so bad not to eat stuffing, but I hate being rude!!! So I only put a little bit on my plate. Then they served pumpkin pie...ugh! I have never felt so frustrated before in my life! Again, didn't want to be rude, so I had half of a slice.

I am on day 3 now and it feels so much better not having to deal with big feasts! I am having the soup for lunch and I am so excited for it! I love the soup recipe in the book!
  • WonaBaFitmommy
    Options
    Happy Early Birthday ! Just think - Next year your going to be supper duper hot (in size smaller birthday clothes) . Hang in there girly :)
  • Janelle173
    Janelle173 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    kaciefuller-you can have lean red meat! it says filets in the book! unless i am mistaken...hmmmm. i will recheck. :)
  • jeaninemckinney
    jeaninemckinney Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    You cant have red meat untill the second cycle! Its not so bad and it is definitely harder making food for the whole family that works for u too, unless u want to make seperate meals which isnt happening! They can have more veggies too...they will survive! i tend to make lots of stirfrys which are good but i dont like eating the same things all the time! Oh and i too couldnt believe all the sugar thats in yogurt, even the light yogurt that ive always gotten thinking i was doing good! I shop at kroger and now i get there brand and its called carbmaster and theres only 3g of sugar and there really good, and different flavors then the other yogurts! Just have to learn to be more creative with meals and its not so bad! We got this girlies!!!
  • Janelle173
    Janelle173 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    You cant have red meat untill the second cycle! Its not so bad and it is definitely harder making food for the whole family that works for u too, unless u want to make seperate meals which isnt happening! They can have more veggies too...they will survive! i tend to make lots of stirfrys which are good but i dont like eating the same things all the time! Oh and i too couldnt believe all the sugar thats in yogurt, even the light yogurt that ive always gotten thinking i was doing good! I shop at kroger and now i get there brand and its called carbmaster and theres only 3g of sugar and there really good, and different flavors then the other yogurts! Just have to learn to be more creative with meals and its not so bad! We got this girlies!!!

Thank you for clarifying! Yes, you are right! cycle 2!!!

I do believe we can have tuna steaks though, right? I feel like I can't find those in the boo, but recall having them during the first week I did the plan a couple years ago (then found out I was pregnant and quit).