Day by Day of the Challenge

Options
124»

Replies

• b1t3m3
    b1t3m3 Posts: 47
    Options
    I'm starting to get bored/uninspired by all the soup of been making, so I'm trying to switch it up a bit. For lunch today, I made salsa, tune and Whole30 mayo... so good!
  • Hurricane_C
    Hurricane_C Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend's old college roommate came into town last night and I caved and had some white wine (3 glasses ish) and I'm not happy this morning. Not only am I hungover after a little wine but I feel like I severely cheated even though I was still under my carb macros.

Back at it today.
  • Merci444
    Merci444 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I will be all day at dance workshops and I am sure we will have lunch somewhere! I may be tempted. I have cashews, olives and a Lara bar packed in a lunch box. I won't cave, I won't cave, I won't cave, hahaha
  • healthylife4kb
    Options
    I went a little Larabar crazy yesterday. I know it is not quite cheating, but I don't think3 in one day is probably the healthiest option on Whole30. Anyway, I may try and eat them less for the rest of the challenge. Yesterday was just stressful with long drives, boring training, forgetting about a favor that I had told a friend I would help with...I just felt off and anxious.

Today has been much better. Yay 13 and getting out in the fall weather for some fresh air. And now that I started dog sitting, it is fun.
  • healthylife4kb
    Options
    I will be all day at dance workshops and I am sure we will have lunch somewhere! I may be tempted. I have cashews, olives and a Lara bar packed in a lunch box. I won't cave, I won't cave, I won't cave, hahaha

Have fun dancing. What kind of dance is it? Sounds like a good way to spend the weekend.
  • Merci444
    Options
    I am really craving vanilla bean ice cream!!! Aaaaah!!!!
  • Merci444
    Options

Have fun dancing. What kind of dance is it? Sounds like a good way to spend the weekend.

It's belly dance technically, but more of a dark, fusion, tribal style. We are working with different music and props. Today I have another two hour workshop with the same teacher and we will be doing sword dancing (which I love!!)
  • Merci444
    Options
    I went a little Larabar crazy yesterday.

I <3 Larabars!! I have been counting on them as emergency food and some days (when I work) eat two!!
  • sburde2
    sburde2 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Ok so yesterday I ran my first 5k. Afterwards I went out to eat with friends to watch football. I figured I'd treat myself and have a few beers and eat a burger with the bun. Ugh never doing that again!! My stomach hates me today :( Guess that'll teach me.
  • Merci444
    Options
    Ok so yesterday I ran my first 5k. Afterwards I went out to eat with friends to watch football. I figured I'd treat myself and have a few beers and eat a burger with the bun. Ugh never doing that again!! My stomach hates me today :( Guess that'll teach me.

Congrats on running your first 5K!!! Live and learn ;)
  • lindzmt22
    lindzmt22 Posts: 335
    Options
    Its day 9 for me. I'm loving the hunger control! I'm not "munchie-hungry" throughout the day. Its very freeing.
    I'm still waiting for my skin to clear up :( I read somewhere that a breakout on the chin is usually and indicator that hormones are out of balance - so maybe with the Whole30 and hormone levels regulating that's causing the breakout....
    I just got my flu shot at work today (mandatory) so hopefully that doesn't make me feel poopy and cause me to slack on the w30.

TMI: BMs haven't been nearly as frequent or as much - is this normal?

Desmonema: My macros are usually around 20% carbs (or lower), 50-55% fat, 25-30% protein.

I totally agree with you on the hunger thing!! I feel like I never get hungry anymore, when I used to get hungry every 2-3 hours (SO annoying). I feel like I can do more with my day and not have to be restrained or distracted by my stomach growling.
    And to the TMI bit- I have noticed the same!! I wonder why...I'm glad I'm not the only one! haha.
  • Desmonema
    Desmonema Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    OK, 11 days in and I'm feeling fine! I got rid of my unhealthy relationship with nut butters now I think and am more conscious about eating them. Otherwise, I did my first big 'cook up' yesterday as described in 'well fed'. Let's see whether I really have more time then this week when things are already prepared... it took me hours yesterday of cutting, sauteeing etc. Made paleo mayo, selfmade basil pesto and sunshince sauce to use during the week, plus made some nice chicken from the oven and also pre-browned ground beef. And the best: I mixed some new spices that I'll be trying this week as well.
    How are you guys do the cooking? Do you prepare day by day or also at the weekend? I don't know yet, but I suppose the weekend could be really time saving... and the meals are on your plate sooo quickly then, which is great when you come home from work and don't really feel like a lot of 'action-cooking'.
    No headaches btw anymore, AND didn't get really sick in the end. I'd say that's a victory!
  • Cerebrus189
    Cerebrus189 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    TMI: BMs haven't been nearly as frequent or as much - is this normal?

This is totally normal. Your body is using up everything you give it, and digesting it well. It's a good sign whereas BM's on a SAD diet are typically a sign of too much fiber (from grains of course). I had this same question in the beginning. For some people, it regulates itself after a few weeks, but for others BMs remain less frequent and smaller.
  • Cerebrus189
    Options
    How are you guys do the cooking? Do you prepare day by day or also at the weekend? I don't know yet, but I suppose the weekend could be really time saving... and the meals are on your plate sooo quickly then, which is great when you come home from work and don't really feel like a lot of 'action-cooking'.
    No headaches btw anymore, AND didn't get really sick in the end. I'd say that's a victory!

I cook during the week as well as on the weekend. I try to cook up my veggies before they go bad and that typically drives my cooking more than anything.
  • Cerebrus189
    Options
    Day 14 and I'm 7 lbs down even though I shouldn't be weighing. I accidentally cheated with the added soy in my tuna (damn labels) but other than that, no intentional cheats or weaknesses to speak of. I feel like I have finally kicked my sugar habit by avoiding fruit as much as possible with the exception of my TOM where I ate a few bananas and coconut butter. I'm feeling pretty good overall, much smaller in my clothes and much more at ease mentally.

I've made some new recipes this week, just trying some new vegetables out and I must say every time I make something I fall in love. I'm learning so much about myself and my preferences for vegetables and flavors.
  • lindzmt22
    lindzmt22 Posts: 335
    Options
    Day 14 and I'm 7 lbs down even though I shouldn't be weighing. I accidentally cheated with the added soy in my tuna (damn labels) but other than that, no intentional cheats or weaknesses to speak of. I feel like I have finally kicked my sugar habit by avoiding fruit as much as possible with the exception of my TOM where I ate a few bananas and coconut butter. I'm feeling pretty good overall, much smaller in my clothes and much more at ease mentally.

I've made some new recipes this week, just trying some new vegetables out and I must say every time I make something I fall in love. I'm learning so much about myself and my preferences for vegetables and flavors.

You're awesome!! I also am loving trying new vegetables and ways to cook and prepare foods...so fun!