What do you eat for breakfast?

Options
2»

Replies

• sarbar71
    sarbar71 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I have two eggs, three slices of bacon, and a handful of cherry tomatoes most mornings. I've also made some Paleo Blueberry Lemon muffins and eaten those with bacon in the morning. The muffins are nice because they keep in the fridge for about a week. They are a nice grab and go breakfast.

Where can I find the recipe for those muffins??

Taken from “Practical Paleo” by Diane Sanfilippo (one of my favs):

Blueberry Lemon Muffins

6 eggs
    1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
    1 tsp pure vanilla extract
    1/4 cup grade B maple syrup
    1 lemon, juice and zest
    1/2 cup coconut flour
    1/2 tsp sea salt
    1/4 tsp baking soda
    1 cup fresh blueberries

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
    2. Whisk together the eggs, coconut oil, vanilla, maple syrup, and lemon juice/zest.
    3. Sift in the coconut flour, salt, and soda. Once incorporated, fold in the blueberries.
    4. Line a muffin tin with muffin papers and fill each about 1/4 to 1/2 full (makes 12).
    5. Bake for *approximately* 35 minutes (use a toothpick to check 'cause mine took a liltle less)

I loooooooooooove these! They are so delicious; my family and I can't get enough!

These are also a hit in my house:

Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins from “Practical Paleo” by Diane Sanfilippo

6 eggs, beaten
    1/4 cup pumpkin puree (can be canned or fresh, if fresh, cook, cook and strain excess water from your pumpkin before using it in this recipe)
    1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
    1/2 cup coconut flour
    1/2 tsp sea salt
    1/4 teaspoon baking soda
    1 Tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
    1/2 cup fresh cranberries

1. Preheat oven to 350F.
    2. Whisk the eggs, pumpkin, butter or coconut oil, pure vanilla extract, and maple syrup together in a large mixing bowl. Sift in the coconut flour, sea salt, baking soda, and pumpkin pie spice and stir until well combined. Gently fold in the cranberries.
    3. In a muffin tin, scoop 1/4 cup of the batter into each lined muffin cup (natural parchment muffin papers work best for lining), and bake for 35-40 minutes.

To Change it up!
    -Add chopped walnuts and/or semi-sweet chocolate chips to the mixture before baking or place some on top.
    -For bulkier muffins, add 3 cups of shredded carrots to the mixture before baking.
    -To make this recipe 21-Day Sugar Detox friendly, replace the sweetener (honey/maple syrup) with 1 mashed green-tipped banana.

**Edited to add Pumpkin Cranberry Muffin recipe (:

YUM!! Thanks for sharing!!
  • caribougal
    caribougal Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Most of my breakfasts are with eggs, but sometimes I like to have a pear wrapped in pancetta or prosciutto. Or a deli meat/cheese roll-up. Greek yogurt with berries.
  • mensasu
    mensasu Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Most of time bullet proof coffee. Don't typically eat before 11am. Then for me its plain greek yogurt with berries and for my husband its my ground beef-eggplant chili. Sometimes we do eggs with bacon and a sliced tomato.
  • Alisi1234
    Alisi1234 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Salmon omelette.

SalmonOmelette_zps72f2e967.jpg

Fried salmon skin = fried salmon bacon. Omomnom! :D
  • healthylife4kb
    Options
    I usually want something a bit sweet, hot, and mushy in the morning so I microwave 1/2 egg whites, 1/2 cup smashed sweet potato/banana/pumpkin, 1 tbsp coconut flour, 1 tbsp chopped nuts, some almond milk, a little vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice/cinnamon. After about a minute in the microwave, I stir in a tsp of coconut oil and then microwave for another 2 minutes or so. It is all solid but mushy and delicious.
  • mejenniferd
    mejenniferd Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Most mornings, I eat eggs. This morning, I had a leftover roasted chicken breast, 1/2 an avocado, and some tomato slices. Yesterday I had leftover pork roast, sauteed cabbage, and roasted sweet potatoes (all dinner leftovers).

I think the hardest part was getting over the idea that there are breakfast foods and non-breakfast foods. Once I moved past that, breakfast has gotten easier.
  • Flowers4Julia
    Flowers4Julia Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    How about cooking up some breakfast sausages and blueberries! Or (this is what I ate this morning) bacon and avocado lettuce wraps......

It took me quite some time to learn to like eggs...easiest way for me was to start with them hard boiled, but like you they gave me stomach aches. Never figured out why though. But, if something hurts when you eat it then definitely don't keep eating it!

Hope this helps :-)
  • wiginn
    wiginn Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    For me, it's usually bullet proof coffee and a banana, since I generally work out in the morning. My favorite breakfast though is eggs - either bacon & eggs or a crustless quiche with ham, veggies, etc.
  • booyainyoface
    booyainyoface Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    3 eggs, bacon, avocado. yumm.
  • NikIsSkinny
    Options
    There's a good recipe for paleo "oatmeal" in the book Practical Paleo.
    It's pretty much coconut flakes, nut butter (I like to use sunflower butter), coconut milk or warm water, and some spices and (optional) fruit. You can heat it up on the stove or stick it in the microwave.
  • fasolane
    fasolane Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My breakfast this morning was coconut oatmeal.
    1/4 cup of coconut flour
    1/2 cup coconut milk
    1/2 cup water
    1/2 mushy banana
    1 egg
    dash salt
    dash cinnamon
    vanilla (or you can use the vanilla coconut milk and omit this)

Heat first 3 ingredients slowly until hot. Add banana and stir until creamy. Add egg and cook until no longer runny. Add the rest and enjoy. Consistency is oatmeal like and delicious! You can add peaches or even extra flaked coconut after it is cooked for more flavor.
  • sarbar71
    sarbar71 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I commented previously about basically having eggs in some form every day, however, thought I should update my post because I had the most tasty of breakfasts this morning!! Just to warn you - this has got to be considered SWYPO, however, I have no regrets - LOL This past weekend I made a grain-free sandwich bread (paleo and SCD compliant) - I sliced it up today with a Tbsp. of Almond Butter - after eggs every day for two months, it was nothing short of divine!

http://www.againstallgrain.com/2012/05/21/grain-free-white-bread-paleo-and-scd/
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    usually eggs during the week, 2 hard boiled, quick and easy, i'm in a rush to get to work, although I know I need to add more, like avacado or meat, this morning I had leftover steak with my eggs , weekends omelettes , veggies, bacon, yummm!!! or sometimes banana with coconut milk and a spoon of almond butter and some coconut sprinkled onto, so yummy!!
  • mandabrett
    mandabrett Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    2 eggs with bulletproof coffee for me everyday. I feel sad and hungry all day if I have anything else. I've had it everymorning for about a month. I guess it's part of my routine.

Why can't you fix a smoothie? I still fix them for snacks sometimes. I just put some yogurt and fruit I my ninja with water ans ice. Instant primal smoothie. Would that work for you? Mark sisson has a whole cookbook of primal smoothies. My daughter has a dairy allergy, soi often make hers without yogurtand only fruit. I often make them sans dairy for myself too, and that would make it paleo.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    usually 2 hard boiled eggs, but now I am having leftovers, meat, tuna, veggies, non traditional breakfast food, ....who's says you can't have tuna and avocado for breakfast?? lol

bahahahaha I already replied to this thread, its a slow day at work LMAO
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    You can still do smoothies, I have made plenty that were paleo. Pumpkin, strawberry banana, just throw in some fruit a little milk blend, sometimes I add nut butters to spice it up a bit but otherwise.... Just use almond milk and no yogurt is necissary!
  • aggiejane07
    aggiejane07 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    And if you have a strong enough blender you can add in sliced almonds to get some more protein.