Started insanity 13/08/12 any1 on same phase?

Options

Replies

• InsaneReidy
    Options
    I have 10 days left to Insanity and believe me, it's always hard.
    About the hurting, I have used Glutamine in my postworkout shake to help with muscle repair since the beginning and it helps cause I skip it 3 days ago and i was hurting the day after so I finally had the confirmation that I wasn't using it for nothing

Hows your results body wise now your near the end???
  • GemmaCoulling
    Options
    I started on the same date, and my calves are killing me haha, but I'm loving the feeling of getting healthier. I feel like I'm already making progress as I'm not taking as many breaks during the workout.
  • Mel1509
    Mel1509 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I just finished my sixth day tonight, my calves were killing earlier in the week but are fine now :)
  • tonyspumas
    Options
    I also started round 2 of insanity on the 13th of Aug. Anyone feel free to add me for extra support and what not!
  • tonyspumas
    Options
    Yesterday I completed the warmup and fit test -- All I can say is OMG...I gave every it everything I had but (TMI) I ended up throwing up my previous meal and my quads are really sore today :sick:

If this was just the warm up and fit test I am terrified of what's to come in the "real" workout but I will try again today and stop as many times as I need to until I build up to it...baby steps. Goodluck everyone!!

I would recommend to not anything 2 hours prior to doing insanity so you don't throw up. Don't give up though we are here to help!
  • jenjones28
    jenjones28 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Curious how everyone survived week one?
  • Whart0603
    Whart0603 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Curious how everyone survived week one?

I survived! Week 2 is going good so far. I quit last time at the end of week 2. Not doing that again!
  • RotterdamNL
    RotterdamNL Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Week 1 for me was horrible!!! Especialy cause i quitted smoking, havent workouted for many months and just sat on the couch playing games.
    My whole body hurt the first week, in and outside.

Now i am half way week 3, i still hate insanity but my stamina has improved greatly.
  • lovemylilg
    Options
    Hi, I'm new. I just started Insanity 08/13/2012 also. Day one and two were BRUTAL for me but by 3 I at least felt I was keeping up a little better and now in week 2 I'm feeling much better although I do need to take quite a few tiny breaks to catch my breath. To be honest I thought I was going to see at least some weight loss immediately and unfortunately have gained two lbs much to my horror. I'm getting discouraged but am going to keep going and hope that at least by end of round one I have seen some change for the better and not actually gaining more weight.
  • dalehall64
    dalehall64 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Glad to see everyone is sticking with it. I was well into the second week before I could even make it through the warm up without stopping. I'm now about to finish up Week 1 of Month 2 and OMG. It will push you, but it is worth it.. Good luck to everyone...
  • idriven7
    idriven7 Posts: 24
    Options
    I started on the 6th.

The first day I wanted to quit at breakfast already, stupid calorie counting. No wonder all the athletic fitness instructors are buffed and chiseled; they all have personal chef's!!! Now after two and a half weeks I'm loving it! even the calorie counting bit.

Is anyone thinking of repeating the first month again; before jumping into second month? I read some posts from other people saying that month two doesn't give same (or better) results as the first month.
  • Whart0603
    Options
    I started on the 6th.

The first day I wanted to quit at breakfast already, stupid calorie counting. No wonder all the athletic fitness instructors are buffed and chiseled; they all have personal chef's!!! Now after two and a half weeks I'm loving it! even the calorie counting bit.

Is anyone thinking of repeating the first month again; before jumping into second month? I read some posts from other people saying that month two doesn't give same (or better) results as the first month.

That's probably because the first month is so new to your body it doesn't know how to react other than to shed weight/inches. By the second month, your body knows what to expect even though month 2 is harder. I'm moving onto month 2 most likely. I'm looking forward to it!
  • idriven7
    idriven7 Posts: 24
    Options
    I hope so. I start recovery week on monday and then its onto month 2! That's going to be a butt kicker.

Has anyone experienced long-lasting muscle soreness "muscle fever", A few times after the intense workouts (pure cardio & power & resistance) I've experienced this. Someone told me to take glutamine? Has or is anyone taking this supplement?

Thanks in advance!
  • Whart0603
    Options
    The first couple weeks I was sore. Especially in my calves. But I don't really get sore now. I didn't take anything for it. All you can really do for muscle soreness is stretch, ice/heat pads, and time.
  • Mel1509
    Mel1509 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I started on the 6th.

That's probably because the first month is so new to your body it doesn't know how to react other than to shed weight/inches. By the second month, your body knows what to expect even though month 2 is harder. I'm moving onto month 2 most likely. I'm looking forward to it!

I actually haven't lost any weight through the first month, I have actually gained 2 lbs and I have about 5 days left until recovery week. I've heard that most loss the weight / inches in the second month.. anyways good luck to everyone :) Remember to keep pushing play!
  • jenjones28
    jenjones28 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Put me in the "gained 2 pounds club" so far. I initially gained 2 pounds the first few days, then lost it, but don't worry cuz I found it again. I did the fitness test at the beginning of the third week though and was impressed with how much my stamina has improved and had lost 2 inches each off my waist, hips, and thighs. So, I guess that's something. I just wish the stupid scale would move.

I seriously have no idea how many calories I should be eating with this program either. I've been eating 1300 and trying not to eat all my exercise calories back, but some days I can't help but eat some back because I'm so HUNGRY! Anyone have input on the calories? I'm 5'0" and am at 131 pounds.
  • Whart0603
    Options
    I actually haven't lost any weight through the first month, I have actually gained 2 lbs and I have about 5 days left until recovery week. I've heard that most loss the weight / inches in the second month.. anyways good luck to everyone :) Remember to keep pushing play!

I'm actually in the same boat also. I haven't gained but I haven't lost anything either. My wife and I were a week behind getting measurements so we'll see tomorrow if we've lost any inches. As far as weight though, haven't lost anything in the 3 weeks we've been doing insanity. I'm hoping month 2 results are better for me than month 1. I've been chalking it up to me not having a whole lot left to lose...hoping month 2 will break through that.
  • Whart0603
    Options
    Started month two and did Max Interval Circuit. I thought the first month was hard, man I didn't know what was ahead of me. That workout is brutal. I have a feeling it's going to be a tough month, hopefully it'll be worth it. lol
  • poomash
    Options
    I lost 3lbs in the first month and lost about 5 inches. Did the max interval circuit and my shoulders almost gave up at the end. Had to do plank punches on my knees. Hoping to see more results and good luck to everyone with the second month!
  • Whart0603
    Options
    Anybody from the 8-13 group finish this week? I didn't lose inches but am leaner. It feels good to have finished and am ready to move onto something else.