New to your group

Options
SherryR1971
SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
Just wanted to introduce myself...Sherry, 41-just found you guys! HI!

Replies

• kittycat707
    kittycat707 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    i just found you too!!! Hi!
  • rsm1972
    rsm1972 Posts: 283
    Options
    Hi Sherry Pleasure to meet you:):) I'm Robert :):)
  • rsm1972
    rsm1972 Posts: 283
    Options
    Hi Kittycat707 Pleasure to meet you :):) I'm Robert:):)
  • anonymousKel
    anonymousKel Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi there

I'm Kellie and only just found the group too. 42 and just fit goal so looking to stay fit, get even more toned and maintain x

K x
  • Ke11yJo
    Ke11yJo Posts: 141
    Options
    I'm Kelly too and was looking for a group covering the 40's ... glad I found you all! :flowerforyou:
  • mesickofwork
    mesickofwork Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    40 something and I’m joining this group for a little more motivation…..I have found if I’m not pushing myself towards a goal… I get lazy and don’t eat or exercise right I have lost the wieght I wanted (plus some) then got weak and started putting it back on. Yes ladies, I know us guys can lose it faster but we still have to work on it.
    I'M NOT HAPPY WITH ME

Maybe this can get me back on track....
  • clohara
    clohara Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Glad to have you!!!
  • clohara
    clohara Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    So everyone what are some of the things you all do to lose weight, keep motivation, not give up and feel good about you???
  • ForeverChasingTheSunsets
    Options
    To motivate myself, I need to go to the gym to be with other people. That is my motivation. If I go at it alone, I am not my own biggest motivator. I register for scheduled classes.

I measure myself weekly. The inches do make a difference even if the weight doesn't change.

I try different low fat recipes to vary what I eat so my menu is not so bland. My favorite flavors are cinnamon, vanilla and teriyaki, so I use those as treats. Like a non fat vanilla latte, half sweet from Starbucks can be a nice treat instead of chocolate or cookies.

My goal is to be 7lbs lighter by Christmas so I can buy myself a new outfit for the season. That is also a motivation.

Just logging into MFP is a motivation. Reading success stories and getting encouragement from my friends.

You can do this!