I'm new! and question on activity level

Options
Araglewen
Araglewen Posts: 3 Member
Hi there! I'm new to this group, but have been using MFP for about 7 months. I was eating 1200-1300 calories a day for about 5 months and lost 16lbs and then hit a plateau. Overall, I felt healthier (or told myself I did), but I found myself becoming frustrated and hungry often. At one point I actually fainted after a hike because I had hardly eaten anything that day! If that wasn't a sign I was doing something wrong I don't know what was! I feel like a metabolism reset is the best thing for me to do first and I was hoping I could get some feed back my activity level.

I have a pilates/yoga class for 45 minutes once a week, I do 30 minutes of moderate elliptical about 3 times a week. I have a desk job for the most part, but walk to and from the train each day(about .3 miles one way) and do some walking around town. Occasionally I go hiking on the weekends too. Is this considered light or moderate exercise? I just can't seem to decide which and I don't want to underestimate and mess up my reset. Also, I plan to start weight training in the near future and when I do I will readjust my TDEE to that.

My stats:
Female
Weight: 151
Height: 5'6"

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! I am really looking forward to being a part of this group after reading so much about all your journeys. I don't have any MFP buddies yet so feel free to friend me! Thanks!

Replies

• timvet
    timvet Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I would say light/moderate. Feel free to friend me I am on week 3 of my reset!
  • Happy2BeMichelle
    Options
    It sounds to me like moderate. You can always start at light and bump up your cals but you sound pretty active to me. I am new here to, add me as a friend if you want.
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Sounds moderate to me!
  • Araglewen
    Araglewen Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I think I'm going to start with moderate and see how that goes.