there is hope. one year, 30lbs later...

Options
jroseonline
jroseonline Posts: 45 Member
i was diagnosed in 2009 with hypothyroidism just after the birth of my 3rd son. it wasn't until 2011 that i was finally put on the right meds and dosage. after i started losing weight, the doctor had to adjust my meds quite a few times. so that's why it took awhile to actually get to the 30lbs lost mark. i still have about 12lbs to go, and i know the last 10 or so is the hardest, but patience, patience, patience... hope this helps some of you out there on the same boat.

5'0", 3 kids, 31 years old
starting weight: 167.8lbs
today's weight: 137.6lbs
goal weight: 125lbs

currently taking armour thyroid 60mg, biotin 1000mcg, vitD 5000iu on a daily basis.

30poundslost_zpsd8c0867e.jpg

30poundslost1_zpsb293f247.jpg

Replies

• yeshualovesme
    yeshualovesme Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh! YEAH! A success story I can relate to! Great work, so impressed!!!
  • sometimes_blondie
    Options
    You look awesome!! Great job!
  • beelikethebug
    beelikethebug Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    That is super inspiring!!! Thanks for sharing!
  • mazzer16
    Options
    wow so it can be done.. there is hope for me... youve done fantastic.... and look fantastic...
  • Dedatress
    Options
    You have no idea how much this helps me stay more motivated. Some days I don't think I will ever lose weight because of my thyroid and PCOS, but then I see this stuff and it makes me feel better.

You look amazing, congratulations!
  • jroseonline
    jroseonline Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for all your support! For those wondering what my routine was, here it is.

I started by dropping all types of beverages including my daily Starbucks fix. Drank only water and green tea.
    Kept to a 1200 calorie diet eating back half my exercise calories I burned that day. Didn't follow an exact plan just added in veggies and portion control.
    Started with 45-60mins cardio 4-6 days a week. Walking/jogging at first and now I'm actually running.
    After hitting a plateau, added in light weight training and ab work.

Current regimen:
    At the gym 4-6 days a week for 30-45 mins (go during my lunch break from work) light weight training and ab work on days I can fit it in.
    1470 calorie diet and eat back half my exercise calories. Again, I'm not following an exact plan but I do limit my portions and try to stay away from fast food.
    Current supplements: vitD, biotin and my dose of armour thyroid.

Hope this helps.
  • debbiepa
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration. Sometimes it feels like it's a never-ending uphill battle. Thanks for the reminder that it's worth the fight!:wink:
  • 05saleengirl
    Options
    Thank you for this! These last 20 lbs are not loving, and I'm optimal..j think my biggest problem, is I work from home Nd until recently, haven't exercised since before having my lil one over 2 years ago. So...hopefully adding in my cardio and weights will kick this into gear. I also do low carb. That has helped some too.
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    youve done so well, congrats! It is def a long and hard slog
  • gottaTuscany
    gottaTuscany Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for all your support! For those wondering what my routine was, here it is.

I started by dropping all types of beverages including my daily Starbucks fix. Drank only water and green tea.
    Kept to a 1200 calorie diet eating back half my exercise calories I burned that day. Didn't follow an exact plan just added in veggies and portion control.
    Started with 45-60mins cardio 4-6 days a week. Walking/jogging at first and now I'm actually running.
    After hitting a plateau, added in light weight training and ab work.

Current regimen:
    At the gym 4-6 days a week for 30-45 mins (go during my lunch break from work) light weight training and ab work on days I can fit it in.
    1470 calorie diet and eat back half my exercise calories. Again, I'm not following an exact plan but I do limit my portions and try to stay away from fast food.
    Current supplements: vitD, biotin and my dose of armour thyroid.

Hope this helps.

Thank you! I've been feeling pretty hopeless since my diagnosis.
  • steppingstones
    steppingstones Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    What a sensible plan. Thanks for sharing. You inspired many of us. Great job...Congrats.