Do you wear shoes?

Options
2»

Replies

• Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Since I started with my MMA trainer, I've ditched the shoes entirely, since I prefer being barefoot in general (socks/shoes are optional). Before that, I used Vibrams, since I wear them normally, too (I had a pair for training, which were never worn outside of the gym/dojo, and one for everything else).
  • 0MissErin0
    0MissErin0 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I've never worn shoes for training :S... What type of training are you talking about??
  • IsisCrisis
    IsisCrisis Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I wear "wrestling" shoes. They are sneakers with very smooth bottoms that still allow you to turn/pivot easily, but also give your feet support. They are what my instructor originally suggested and I have found that they work great.
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    For me the more I can train bare foot the better!

Exceptions - weights, I have a cheap pair of running shoes for the weights room.
    Outside running - Went to a running boutique early this summer and bought myself a pair of decent running shoes for my new hobby. Best $150 I have very spent!

Aside from these exceptions, everything else is bare foot.
  • turbosupremo
    turbosupremo Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I train boxing and ever since I got my first shoes, I haven't looked back. They are smooth bottoms like wrestling shoes, yet provide tons of grip & ankle support when striking and moving.
  • Motleybird
    Motleybird Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    At home, I'm barefoot. In class, I wear thin souled sneakers. I will let my students go barefoot if they choose, but I advise against socks because they might slip. I don't like thick souled super supportive shoes because you can't feel the floor.
  • trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I just got my MA shoes and I love them!1
  • catbrand
    catbrand Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I used to wear trainers for pad drills and go bare foot on the mats for sparring but I had trouble pivoting when I was wearing shoes, as soon as I took them off my kicks went from body height to head height easily :)