Made a date for this weekend

Options

Replies

• Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    I find every excuse to get out of an position that makes me nervous.

Yup.

He is very nice, good with the kids. Obviously has a stable job. I don't know.. I suck. lol
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    Frankly, it's easier to text him today to cancel than try and turn down date 2 when you actually meet him...speaking from true experience.

Christine, You know how everyone - but Carl especially - is always telling you to step out of your comfort zone? This is one of those cases where if you're ever in this situation, please just take a step back and a deep breath and just go . You never know what might happen. :flowerforyou:

I totally agree that it's insecurities and pre-date nerves in this case. It will either be a good date or a bad date, but in the end it will be worth it as practice.

Sometimes, I do agree with stepping out of your comfort zone. I do it on occasion and sometimes it works and sometimes I crash and burn!

But in this situation, I don't think it is worth him if you already don't really like him. I wouldn't go on the date if I have no interest in him. It is very hard and awkward to turn down a second date though if the man offers if you are a naturally shy/awkward person, and plus, how would you feel if someone was going on a date just to humor you?
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Frankly, it's easier to text him today to cancel than try and turn down date 2 when you actually meet him...speaking from true experience.

Christine, You know how everyone - but Carl especially - is always telling you to step out of your comfort zone? This is one of those cases where if you're ever in this situation, please just take a step back and a deep breath and just go . You never know what might happen. :flowerforyou:

I totally agree that it's insecurities and pre-date nerves in this case. It will either be a good date or a bad date, but in the end it will be worth it as practice.

Sometimes, I do agree with stepping out of your comfort zone. I do it on occasion and sometimes it works and sometimes I crash and burn!

But in this situation, I don't think it is worth him if you already don't really like him. I wouldn't go on the date if I have no interest in him. It is very hard and awkward to turn down a second date though if the man offers if you are a naturally shy/awkward person, and plus, how would you feel if someone was going on a date just to humor you?

Oh, more information.

Yeah if you are not feeling any sort of attraction, then going would be a bad idea.

I assumed you were.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options

Yup.

He is very nice, good with the kids. Obviously has a stable job. I don't know.. I suck. lol

You don't suck. You are a girl. He sounds like a truly nice guy that's obviously interested in getting to know you. And why wouldn't he? Give him the benefit of the doubt and go have a meal with the guy...
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options

Yup.

He is very nice, good with the kids. Obviously has a stable job. I don't know.

Sounds to me like you actually do kinda like him... but thinking about your other post the other day, maybe you don't feel good enough? If that's true remember that he wouldn't ask you out if you weren't good enough. We think people can't see our faults, but often they see them looooong before we realize them about ourselves! So if he's liking you, set your doubts aside and go have fun. And if you start to freak out, just try not to do it in front of him... save the freak out for when you can get a computer and tell us all about it :bigsmile:
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

Fair enough... but I didn't get the impression she didn't like him. Just that she had nerves about the date.
  • Jennifer2387
    Options
    No it was more of a .. oh **** hurl .. not a disgusted hurl. He is very cute and very muscley .. we have chatted for like a year, since he took over this district. But for a few minutes at a time .. maybe up to 15 minutes or so. I guess I just never thought about dating him. Not because he wasn't cute or I didn't like him ... I just met him last school year and then I was dating someone else the second half of last school year .. so it just never crossed my mind.

I have only recently started dating again after my divorce and the first guy I dated, I got into a relationship with. So .. maybe that is it .. maybe I am afraid of a relationship..lol.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    I'm amazed that I was the only one to say cancel. It is my preference that a woman who is not fully engaged and thinking positive thoughts about me cancel.

i understand what you're saying but it's just a first date. i think far too many people expect to be completely wowed by their date before they even have the first date.

most of my best first dates have come from when i've been sorta "mheh" about the guy and the experience.
  • christine24t
    Options
    No it was more of a .. oh **** hurl .. not a disgusted hurl. He is very cute and very muscley .. we have chatted for like a year, since he took over this district. But for a few minutes at a time .. maybe up to 15 minutes or so. I guess I just never thought about dating him. Not because he wasn't cute or I didn't like him ... I just met him last school year and then I was dating someone else the second half of last school year .. so it just never crossed my mind.

I have only recently started dating again after my divorce and the first guy I dated, I got into a relationship with. So .. maybe that is it .. maybe I am afraid of a relationship..lol.

Ah, okay, I thought you had no interest in him.

If it's just nerves, I say go then! But if you don't like a person, then don't go.
  • Jennifer2387
    Options

Oh, more information.

Yeah if you are not feeling any sort of attraction, then going would be a bad idea.

I assumed you were.

I think you are confusing posters .. lol .. I find him very attractive. He is very cute.

Sounds to me like you actually do kinda like him... but thinking about your other post the other day, maybe you don't feel good enough? If that's true remember that he wouldn't ask you out if you weren't good enough. We think people can't see our faults, but often they see them looooong before we realize them about ourselves! So if he's liking you, set your doubts aside and go have fun. And if you start to freak out, just try not to do it in front of him... save the freak out for when you can get a computer and tell us all about it

LOL .. I will bring my freak out right here! I am very nervous .. and it is only Wednesday.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

Dating is terrifying, I totally get it and felt the way you do months ago when I started. Thought I was gonna puke on the very first date I went on, but I got through it and now it's not so scary anymore. Just go and have fun! If nothing else, at least you sort of know this guy already!
  • disneywm76
    disneywm76 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    If nothing else, at least you sort of know this guy already!

No kidding.....There will be a sense of familiarity there that the "online" daters don't have!! You guys know each other already and are on friendly terms. Have fun!
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    Read the whole thing and I think it's awesome, jenn! You've totally got yourself a sweet first date lined up. Since you know he's not a creepo, why don't you ask him to pick you up for the date so you can have 2-3 drinks to calm yourself down? :P

DEFINITELY go.
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options

Oh, you sooooooooo have to go on this date! You'll have fun, I'm sure!

The first guy I dated after my divorce was a first meet from eH and I thought I would puke too. I was going absolutely crazy right before it. When the date was over, I had to go for a run to burn off all the nervous energy and to calm down. I decided not to see him again, but it was still exciting in a nauseating sort of way. You have to push past the nerves and put yourself out there, and this guy sounds like he could be keeper material already!
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    But now I don't want to go. Do I cancel or I do I suck it up and go. I just don't feel like dating.

Not to mention it annoys the heck out of me that he spells things wrong in his text messages .. lol.

I would go out with him because it does hurt when people back out on you. If you don't feel like dating, I would stop completely after this date until you decide you want to go back out there.

And come on.. his spelling mistakes on his texts annoys you? I thought I was particular about things! lol

I've done the same thing. I cannot tolerate bad spelling in a text. It drives me insane.
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    go on the date! If you like him great, If not now you know! I understand the spelling thing though. We are twins.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    go on the date! If you like him great, If not now you know! I understand the spelling thing though. We are twins.

spelling wrong in a text is not the end of the world....its not like hes writting a ten page paper to you....lol

definately go on the date..you may find your knight in shining armour!!!
  • christine24t
    Options

Same here, really really bothers me.
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options

Same here, really really bothers me.
    Ditto for me, but now that I'm seeing someone who is ESL, I have to just let it go completely! :tongue:
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I find him very attractive. He is very cute.

OMG! What !!!!!!!!!!! Why are you sitting on this forum then? Go out and buy new shoes for the date!!!! :love:

And new underwear! :bigsmile: